Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If it Would Please the Court...
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
If it Would Please the Court...
Ok folks. I've gotten myself pretty fired up over this and need some outsider perspective on whether I (along with some other Raiders) are on point here or doth protest too much.

It has been announced that 2018 that we have added UGA and Kentucky to the schedule-both on the road as guarantees. This means a couple of important situations will occur.

1. We will play three SEC teams on the road in a year when you presume that you have maybe one of the greatest pass and catch duos in college football history (Stockstill to James) not to mention what we expect will be a very experienced and dynamic offense. Don't think it is too much of a stretch that Brent's final year would be anything but epic assuming he avoids another injury.

2. This also means that we are only going to have five home games and the one non conference home game is almost guaranteed to be a I-AA pansie.

So, I'm literally boiling over this. What could arguably be projected one of our best teams ever and we only get five freaking home games. And on top of that three hard to win situations. Sure if we go on the road and beat three SEC schools that certainly would be awesome and what not but realistically we all know that's not happening.

Further, given a similar situation happened this year (5 home games) Brent and Company will only get six home games twice in their four years. Hell, I argue that if there was ever a time to schedule 7 home games with winnable OOC games '18 would be the year but crap we can't even seem to pull off six. It could have been "Let's try to have a Western Michigan type season." But nope not the geniuses that run things at Middle Tennessee. They just sentenced the football program to one of the toughest non conference scheduled possible instead.

So, am I off my kilter or do I have a reason to be utterly pissed off?
12-22-2016 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
RE: If it Would Please the Court...
I'm sure you all can guess my position on this. All I have to say is, with our leadership what more can you expect? We don't do anything that makes sense or gives us the greatest chance at success. We want to shoot ourselves in the foot as much as we can.
12-22-2016 10:21 PM
Heisman

And you watch. UGA will be back to being a top 10 team in '18 and Kentucky will have their best team in 30 years. Just watch it happen. That's how we roll.
12-22-2016 10:27 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
(12-22-2016 10:27 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  And you watch. UGA will be back to being a top 10 team in '18 and Kentucky will have their best team in 30 years. Just watch it happen. That's how we roll.

..stop cryin like a woman.
12-22-2016 10:33 PM
NTTHOR Online
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
i'd be more pissed by the 5 home games than the multiple sec road games. you need home games...fans need home games. you would think that with the road guarantees middle is getting that they could bring in a decent school (non 1aa)
12-22-2016 10:45 PM
BlueRaider0x0 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tenn.
Our fans didn't even show up for the 5 given in 2016. Why would they show up for 6? Might as well take it on the road for the money instead of wasting resources for 5,000 to show up in Nov.
12-22-2016 10:49 PM
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
With the TV money cutback, teams are probably looking at adding a second road game guarantee unfortunately and if you aren't putting fans in the stands for home games a 3rd could be necessary to keep the cash flow coming in.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2016 11:10 PM by usm99.)
12-22-2016 11:09 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-22-2016 10:49 PM)BlueRaider0x0 Wrote:  Our fans didn't even show up for the 5 given in 2016. Why would they show up for 6? Might as well take it on the road for the money instead of wasting resources for 5,000 to show up in Nov.

Let's just play all 12 on the road and concede any chance of growing our fanbase ever again.
12-22-2016 11:15 PM
va-eagle Offline
1st String

(12-22-2016 10:33 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  
(12-22-2016 10:27 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  And you watch. UGA will be back to being a top 10 team in '18 and Kentucky will have their best team in 30 years. Just watch it happen. That's how we roll.

+1
12-22-2016 11:24 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
5 home games suck. But if you want an Access Bowl berth, a few road wins vs the SEC would go a long way.

MTSU is too good to play too many guarantee games, though, IMHO.
12-22-2016 11:26 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(12-22-2016 10:13 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Ok folks. I've gotten myself pretty fired up over this and need some outsider perspective on whether I (along with some other Raiders) are on point here or doth protest too much.

It has been announced that 2018 that we have added UGA and Kentucky to the schedule-both on the road as guarantees. This means a couple of important situations will occur.

1. We will play three SEC teams on the road in a year when you presume that you have maybe one of the greatest pass and catch duos in college football history (Stockstill to James) not to mention what we expect will be a very experienced and dynamic offense. Don't think it is too much of a stretch that Brent's final year would be anything but epic assuming he avoids another injury.

2. This also means that we are only going to have five home games and the one non conference home game is almost guaranteed to be a I-AA pansie.

So, I'm literally boiling over this. What could arguably be projected one of our best teams ever and we only get five freaking home games. And on top of that three hard to win situations. Sure if we go on the road and beat three SEC schools that certainly would be awesome and what not but realistically we all know that's not happening.

Further, given a similar situation happened this year (5 home games) Brent and Company will only get six home games twice in their four years. Hell, I argue that if there was ever a time to schedule 7 home games with winnable OOC games '18 would be the year but crap we can't even seem to pull off six. It could have been "Let's try to have a Western Michigan type season." But nope not the geniuses that run things at Middle Tennessee. They just sentenced the football program to one of the toughest non conference scheduled possible instead.

So, am I off my kilter or do I have a reason to be utterly pissed off?

LA Tech only had 5 home games this year, including 1AA patsy S Carolina St, and we had CUSA's MVP (Ryan Higgins) and CUSA Player of the Year (Carlos Henderson) on our team. So I know how you feel.
12-22-2016 11:28 PM
Advertisement

UNT15 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
I would be pretty ticked about 5 home games, but I'll try to put a positive spin on it.
If 2018 really ends up being an epically talented MTSU team and they run the table, there's absolutely no way that they don't end up in an NY6 bowl.

again, I'd be ticked at a 5 home game schedule, but if you told me North Texas had a chance to go 13-0 with three wins over regional P5s on the road (we'll say Oklahoma State, Texas, and TCU) and only 5 home games, I'd take it. But I'd take it only if we go to an NY6 bowl; if we don't, then give me 7 home games
12-22-2016 11:37 PM
Heisman

(12-22-2016 10:49 PM)BlueRaider0x0 Wrote:  Our fans didn't even show up for the 5 given in 2016. Why would they show up for 6? Might as well take it on the road for the money instead of wasting resources for 5,000 to show up in Nov.

Might be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Part of the little middle crowd?

No way to build a fan base.
12-23-2016 12:26 AM
Heisman

It's kind of an inside joke but keep being a *******. But it it obviously suits you well.
12-23-2016 12:28 AM
Noodles Offline
All American

Beat those SEC teams, and you fanbase will explode. I'll buy a t-shirt.
12-23-2016 12:54 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Not to sound like a put down, but going to a game at UGA and UK are much better experiences than a home game at Middle. Get in your car and go watch your team. The UK drive is very easy, Athens a little tougher, but well worth it. Five HGs is not good, especially if one is a bad FCS, but I would take it for a game against UK and one at UGA.

The players will love it, recruits will love it, and if you don't play you have no shot at glory. The "just watch, they will both be good" stuff is just a bad comment, you should want them to be good. Nothing better than beating a ranked P5 on the road. The sheer look of total destruction on the faces of the home fans. It's priceless.
12-23-2016 01:00 AM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(12-23-2016 01:00 AM)banker Wrote:  Not to sound like a put down, but going to a game at UGA and UK are much better experiences than a home game at Middle. Get in your car and go watch your team. The UK drive is very easy, Athens a little tougher, but well worth it. Five HGs is not good, especially if one is a bad FCS, but I would take it for a game against UK and one at UGA.

The players will love it, recruits will love it, and if you don't play you have no shot at glory. The "just watch, they will both be good" stuff is just a bad comment, you should want them to be good. Nothing better than beating a ranked P5 on the road. The sheer look of total destruction on the faces of the home fans. It's priceless.

The double-edged sword of that scenario is that if you beat the ranked SEC team on the road as a G5, they are no longer ranked. Perhaps if they beat all three it will start to sink in that maybe the G5 team is just actually good.
12-23-2016 02:44 AM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
(12-23-2016 12:28 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

It's But it it obviously suits you well.

...stop stutterin.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2016 03:55 AM by Nugget's Ghost.)
12-23-2016 03:13 AM
BlueRaider0x0 Offline
Special Teams

(12-23-2016 12:26 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Might be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Part of the little middle crowd?

No way to build a fan base.

Like I care what you think of me. I'm a realist and we have no fan base. I'm sure those seniors loved playing in front of all that aluminum on senior day. This school hasn't built a fan base in the 14 years that I've been following. Stop complaining
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2016 06:22 AM by BlueRaider0x0.)
12-23-2016 06:20 AM
BlueRaider0x0 Offline
Special Teams

(12-22-2016 11:15 PM)MTowho Wrote:  

Let's just play all 12 on the road and concede any chance of growing our fanbase ever again.

What fan base are you talking about? We have the worst fan base in this conference
12-23-2016 06:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.