Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC board madness
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
AAC board madness
They're moving threads all over the place because they don't approve of the backlash from the rest of the G5 now that they are 1-3 in bowl games. Rediculous...
12-21-2016 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
RE: AAC board madness
We are currently 0-2 in bowl games and are underdogs in the remaining 4. Even if we split those 4 and go 2-4 overall, that doesn't leave us much room to mock them. I'd recommend just staying out of it and let them enjoy their circle jerk. Nobody is buying what they are selling anyways.
12-21-2016 01:14 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(12-21-2016 01:14 PM)kreed5120 Wrote:  We are currently 0-2 in bowl games and are underdogs in the remaining 4. Even if we split those 4 and go 2-4 overall, that doesn't leave us much room to mock them. I'd recommend just staying out of it and let them enjoy their circle jerk. Nobody is buying what they are selling anyways.

That's what's keeping me from retaliating. Even though the App State-Toledo game was real close and CMU was pretty much doomed before it began.

Their arrogance is awfully annoying though. So I'll be rooting for any school that has an AAC opponent for the remainder of this bowl season.

And I love their excuses for going 1-3 thus far in bowl games this season.

03-weeping Our coaches left
03-weeping Our teams aren't motivated to play other G5 schools
03-weeping Our "tough" conference schedules leaves us tired come bowl season
12-21-2016 01:32 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
That's a sad lot over there. They REALLY hate not being at the big boys' table.
12-21-2016 01:50 PM
UofToledoFans Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
I don't go to mock... I go to talk AAC and G5 football. When it was Navy vs. WMU for the cotton, I had a horse in the race to discuss. When Toledo played Temple, I had a horse in the race to discuss. I predicted all 4 of their games thus far as W's for the AAC, and it's hurting my bowl mania that they are losing! Either way, i don't go to be a homer. I post a podcast that is fairly subjective. I won't lie and act like they are 3-1. I say it how it is, with no HAHA's involved.

You don't see us removing all threads from non MAC posters... That takes away the freedom that is this great meeting place to talk sports.
12-21-2016 02:16 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I'm surprised GTS hasn't stepped in to be honest, it's a borderline witch hunt over there. Like you've said we don't have much room to talk, and even if we won all our bowls they'd just bring out the attendance smack so I won't go over there except for lurking. But by all means, act like you're hot stuff when your only bowl win is a 9-3 team over a 6-6 one that skidded to the finish line...
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 04:35 PM by Love and Honor.)
12-21-2016 03:39 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(12-21-2016 01:14 PM)kreed5120 Wrote:  We are currently 0-2 in bowl games and are underdogs in the remaining 4. Even if we split those 4 and go 2-4 overall, that doesn't leave us much room to mock them. I'd recommend just staying out of it and let them enjoy their circle jerk. Nobody is buying what they are selling anyways.

The difference is that we know we don't have the strength and swagger of a Power conference, nor are we pretending to be.

It's not just message board banter over there. The AAC teams actually have "P6" stickers on their helmets in the bowl games, insisting they are a power conference even in the face of reality.
12-21-2016 03:51 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-21-2016 03:51 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  The difference is that we know we don't have the strength and swagger of a Power conference, nor are we pretending to be.

You hit the nail on the head. They think they are God's gift to the P5. They are not. Plain and simple.

(12-21-2016 03:51 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  It's not just message board banter over there. The AAC teams actually have "P6" stickers on their helmets in the bowl games, insisting they are a power conference even in the face of reality.

Wait, really? Wow!
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 05:34 PM by MidnightBlueGold.)
12-21-2016 05:33 PM
broncos1123 Offline
1st String

Yeah, I don't think most people realize it, but look it up and Google it, the AAC literally wears stickers on their helmets that say "P6"... they are delusional.
12-21-2016 05:48 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(12-21-2016 05:48 PM)broncos1123 Wrote:  Yeah, I don't think most people realize it, but look it up and Google it, the AAC literally wears stickers on their helmets that say "P6"... they are delusional.

The really delusional part is when somebody believes that it makes it true, that it helps, or that knowing the reality of being a G5 team somehow means you cannot desire to do really well.
12-21-2016 08:27 PM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

This is a completely serious post, but the majority of college football fans here in the midwest have no idea the AAC is a conference. I've asked all of my big ten following associates, and they all kept saying, don't you mean the acc? If it's not P5 they don't care, but they know about the MAC because we've been around for so long.
12-22-2016 08:04 AM
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
12-22-2016 10:11 AM
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Those stickers remind me of someone who buys a second-hand letterman jacket so people think they might be a varsity athlete. I am actually embarrased for their more reasonable fans.
12-22-2016 01:53 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(12-22-2016 01:53 PM)IULurker Wrote:  Those stickers remind me of someone who buys a second-hand letterman jacket so people think they might be a varsity athlete. I am actually embarrased for their more reasonable fans.

Me too. And for their sake, they better be glad that there isn't a big contingent of P5 fans to put them in their place, because for as much as they try and to make themselves out to be miles ahead of the rest of the G5, they'd get laughed out of the room if they seriously argued that they're P6 on a site crowded with Ohio State and Alabama supporters instead of UC and Houston.
12-22-2016 02:12 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY

It's not that G5 fans are attacking the AAC fans out of the blue. It's that the AAC posters have gone nuts with there never ending blabber about how much better all the AAC schools are than all of the other G5 schools, and call themselves a P6 conference that should never be addressed in the same sentence as G5 conferences. They deserve the backlash in a big way.

I must admit, it has become somewhat addictive to post there. Can't help myself.
12-22-2016 08:38 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(12-21-2016 01:32 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  

That's what's keeping me from retaliating. Even though the App State-Toledo game was real close and CMU was pretty much doomed before it began.

Their arrogance is awfully annoying though. So I'll be rooting for any school that has an AAC opponent for the remainder of this bowl season.

And I love their excuses for going 1-3 thus far in bowl games this season.

03-weeping Our coaches left
03-weeping Our teams aren't motivated to play other G5 schools
03-weeping Our "tough" conference schedules leaves us tired come bowl season

I agree 100%
12-22-2016 08:41 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I love being a G5. I have always worn my mid-major chip on my shoulder with great pride. It grinds me that those AAC folks are so insecure about the size of their tallywackers that they are eager to disparage the G5's in the same way that the P5s have for generations. Traitors to the core, and wannabes.

I will root for every AAC team to lose from this point forward.
12-22-2016 08:48 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
They got demoted as a conference in 2013. It's permanent no matter what their commissioner says or tries with stickers. I imagine it's even worse since the Big XII turned ALL of them down.
12-22-2016 10:33 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(12-21-2016 03:39 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  I'm surprised GTS hasn't stepped in to be honest,

Be surprised no longer.
12-22-2016 10:41 PM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
Have to admit, watching Wake Forest beat Temple (and their P6 helmets) is strangely satisfying.03-cloud9
12-27-2016 07:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.