Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA hits Rutgers football with 7 alleged violations
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
NCAA hits Rutgers football with 7 alleged violations
"The Rutgers football program has been issued a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA, according to NJ.com.

After an 18-month investigation by the NCAA, Rutgers football faces seven possible violations.

These accusations on Rutgers football came during the time of former head coach Kyle Flood, who took over as head coach in 2012 and was fired in 2015 following a suspension for academic improprieties and then arrest of seven players."

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/12...iolations/
12-20-2016 01:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: NCAA hits Rutgers football with 7 alleged violations
Well, you can't say that Rutgers isn't trying to win.
12-20-2016 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Not good... although it sounds like Ash and Hobbs were aware of this distinct possibility when they were being interviewed.

Steve Politi ‏@StevePoliti 1h1 hour ago
Reading the dreaded NOA now. 16 players were allowed to compete after flunking drug tests. 16!

Keith Sargeant ‏@KSargeantNJ 2h2 hours ago
There will be a lot of reporting to follow. RU officials are confident they will escape major sanctions b/c of firing Flood, Hermann, etc.
12-20-2016 02:48 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
From the initial article posted:

"The alleged violations of NCAA bylaws include:

The former head football coach is alleged to have provided a former student-athlete with an impermissible extra benefit by directly contacting a professor seeking special consideration for the student-athlete in an academic course relating to the 2014-2015 academic year. In addition, he is charged with failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance in the football program, violating the principles of NCAA head coach responsibility legislation. Both allegations are deemed Level II by the NCAA.

A former assistant football coach is alleged to have had improper off-campus recruiting contact with a prospective student athlete in 2014 (Level III) and the NCAA has also charged the coach with unethical conduct for providing false or misleading information to the NCAA and the institution during the investigation. (Level II)

The NCAA has alleged that between the 2011-12 academic year and the Fall of 2015, the Rutgers football host/hostess program, staffed by student workers, was not properly operated and supervised as required by NCAA legislation; that two student hostesses had impermissible off-campus contact and electronic correspondence with prospective student athletes; and that the former football director of recruiting impermissibly publicized the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. (Level II)

It is alleged that between September 2011 and the Fall of 2015, the University and the Director of Sports Medicine employed practices and procedures that violated the institution’s drug-testing policy by: failing to notify the Director of Athletics of positive drug tests; along with the former head football coach, failing to implement prescribed corrective and disciplinary actions and penalties; and failing to identify select drug tests as positive in accordance with University policy. (Level II)

Because of the scope of these alleged violations, the NCAA has also alleged that between 2011 and 2016, the University failed to monitor its football program regarding its host/hostess program and drug-testing program. (Level II)"
12-20-2016 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EmeryZach Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UMASS
Oh boy. Looks like a tough situation at Rutgers just got a lot harder.
12-20-2016 03:20 PM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
They HAVE to get better at cheating!
12-20-2016 03:25 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
So...what G5 program is around Rutgers that they get punished for Rutgers violations?

NJIT is glad they don't have a football team.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 03:26 PM by MWC Tex.)
12-20-2016 03:25 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
If those are all Level II or III and took place on the watch of a coach fired for improprieties, it doesn't sound as bad as it might have. But it's pretty bad when you do stuff like that and still have a lousy team. How did Schiano win there?
12-20-2016 03:28 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-20-2016 03:25 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  So...what G5 program is around Rutgers that they get punished for Rutgers violations?

Monmouth's AD is sweating bullets right about now.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 03:36 PM by CliftonAve.)
12-20-2016 03:30 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Somewhere, Mike Rice is celebrating by playing a game of dodgeball.

[Image: giphy.gif]
12-20-2016 03:36 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(12-20-2016 02:48 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Not good... although it sounds like Ash and Hobbs were aware of this distinct possibility when they were being interviewed.

Reading the dreaded NOA now. 16 players were allowed to compete after flunking drug tests. 16!

There will be a lot of reporting to follow. RU officials are confident they will escape major sanctions b/c of firing Flood, Hermann, etc.

Well they will be disappointed because whether the guilty coach is still there or not, the violations still happened. But then again, the NCAA has been so inconsistant in how they hand out punishments, it wouldnt surprise me if Rutgers officials prove to be right.
12-20-2016 03:36 PM
Advertisement

chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
(12-20-2016 03:25 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  So...what G5 program is around Rutgers that they get punished for Rutgers violations?

Phew!
12-20-2016 05:14 PM
chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
(12-20-2016 03:36 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(12-20-2016 02:48 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Not good... although it sounds like Ash and Hobbs were aware of this distinct possibility when they were being interviewed.

Well they will be disappointed because whether the guilty coach is still there or not, the violations still happened. But then again, the NCAA has been so inconsistant in how they hand out punishments, it wouldnt surprise me if Rutgers officials prove to be right.

Depends on your definition of major sanctions. I think it'll probably come down to whether the NCAA believes Rutgers is really trying to self-correct and whether they have sufficiently cut out the cancer within their AD with Pernetti, Rice, Flood, Hermann, etc. Rutgers basically blew up their athletic dept in the past 12 months. I'm thinking they'll lose some schollies and may have short-term recruiting restrictions for the recruiting issues and get a fine. However, consistency from the NCAA is a dirty word so I have no idea.
12-20-2016 05:24 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Think of all the wins that may be vacated.
12-20-2016 07:44 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
F.A.M.7.V.
12-20-2016 08:57 PM
megadrone Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-20-2016 03:36 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Yes, but I think the major infractions were also self-reported. Historically our President stuck his head in the ground where athletics was concerned, at least until UMDNJ was merged in, but started to take ownership when things were really going sour, ordered an investigation in Oct 2015 and then fired Herrmann after football season.

To be fair, Herrmann wanted to fire Flood after a lousy 2013 season but couldn't raise the funds to buy out his contract.
12-20-2016 09:49 PM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
(12-20-2016 03:30 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Monmouth's AD is sweating bullets right about now.

What are you talking about? Rutgers is the "Monmouth" to UNC's violations. The NCAA is making the poster child that cheating will not be tolerated by the Scarlet Knights. 04-cheers
12-20-2016 10:22 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
If you're gonna bend the rules, you better be damn sure you're not losing every other conference game like a SWAC basketball team loses to Kentucky.
12-20-2016 11:09 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Does anyone actually take any of this seriously anymore??? I mean, really.
12-20-2016 11:23 PM
Rich52c Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
(12-20-2016 11:23 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Does anyone actually take any of this seriously anymore??? I mean, really.

They should fire Rutgers president.He cannot effectively run sports or anything else at Rutgers.
12-20-2016 11:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.