WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3rd place in NCHC at midpoint of season
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
3rd place in NCHC at midpoint of season
We still should have joined the new WCHA.
12-16-2016 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronc33 Offline
1st String

RE: 3rd place in NCHC at midpoint of season
schedule is setting up nicely too! We haven't played CC yet, and our 6 hardest games left are all at lawson. Time to make a push to show we're back!
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 04:21 PM by Bronc33.)
12-16-2016 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(12-16-2016 03:49 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  We still should have joined the new WCHA.

Where were your stupid comments the first several years in the NCHC, and are you banking on continued success? Apparently only the first half of this season counts as the measuring stick, and the prior three full years should be disregarded. Lol.
12-16-2016 10:15 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

....all we would have had if we would have joined the WCHA is several top of the league finishes, and NCAA tournament bids. But the bottom of the NCHC was better than that, right?

Ignore the actual facts Charm. I know you have been waiting to post this thread for four years. Glad you finally got a few wins so you could send it; albeit prematurely.
12-16-2016 10:19 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
This season has been the BTHC improving at the expense of the WCHA. If it happens again next season, it means the WCHA is slipping into the same role as Atlantic Hockey out east behind the 2 superior conferences.
12-17-2016 03:23 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(12-17-2016 03:23 PM)bronconick Wrote:  This season has been the BTHC improving at the expense of the WCHA. If it happens again next season, it means the WCHA is slipping into the same role as Atlantic Hockey out east behind the 2 superior conferences.

This season is going well, and if that continues then we will be in good position. However, beating WCHA teams is consistent with the points I have made for years. The reality, which most refuse to concede, is that we have done consistently lousy in the NCHC, and our hockey program has taken a hit. If we don't break through with a few real good seasons we will suffer. This season has a lot of hockey left to be played.

I don't think the WCHA will close shop and those teams drop hockey. If the WCHA did disband opportunities would exist, just as they did when the ccha ended.

I would say time will tell, but i said that four years ago and it already has told, but nobody wants to admit that it has not been a good fit.
12-17-2016 06:53 PM
Advertisement

Potro Offline
2nd String

Brovol - You strike me as the DB of hockey. Waiting for WMU to fail just so you can say you were right.
12-17-2016 08:59 PM
Flashboski Offline
1st String

(12-17-2016 06:53 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(12-17-2016 03:23 PM)bronconick Wrote:  This season has been the BTHC improving at the expense of the WCHA. If it happens again next season, it means the WCHA is slipping into the same role as Atlantic Hockey out east behind the 2 superior conferences.

This season is going well, and if that continues then we will be in good position. However, beating WCHA teams is consistent with the points I have made for years. The reality, which most refuse to concede, is that we have done consistently lousy in the NCHC, and our hockey program has taken a hit. If we don't break through with a few real good seasons we will suffer. This season has a lot of hockey left to be played.

I don't think the WCHA will close shop and those teams drop hockey. If the WCHA did disband opportunities would exist, just as they did when the ccha ended.

I would say time will tell, but i said that four years ago and it already has told, but nobody wants to admit that it has not been a good fit.

It's unreal how big of an idiot you are. What you have preached for years is essentially the equivalent of WMU joining the Big Ten for football yet you would be saying we should have stayed in the MAC. SMDH
12-17-2016 09:53 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(12-17-2016 08:59 PM)Potro Wrote:  Brovol - You strike me as the DB of hockey. Waiting for WMU to fail just so you can say you were right.

Not at all. I love Bronco hockey, and would love for us to be competitive in the best conference in hockey. I have been wrong many times before and would love nothing more than to be wrong here. And if we have even a couple years of solid seasons with NCAA tournament bids in the nchc I will eat all the crow you want to feed me. But likewise everyone else needs to admit the obvious. We can see how this season plays out. But based on the last three seasons, the NCHC hasn't been good for us.
12-17-2016 10:17 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(12-17-2016 09:53 PM)Flashboski Wrote:  
(12-17-2016 06:53 PM)brovol Wrote:  

It's unreal how big of an idiot you are. What you have preached for years is essentially the equivalent of WMU joining the Big Ten for football yet you would be saying we should have stayed in the MAC. SMDH

If we were offered a spot in the big ten you think it would be wise to accept? And I'm the idiot?

Have you really enjoyed the last three hockey seasons? I'm the idiot for wanting to have winning seasons with NCAA tournament bids?

You are a short sighted fool sir!
12-17-2016 10:20 PM
Fights for Justice

(12-16-2016 10:15 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(12-16-2016 03:49 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  We still should have joined the new WCHA.

Where were your stupid comments the first several years in the NCHC, and are you banking on continued success? Apparently only the first half of this season counts as the measuring stick, and the prior three full years should be disregarded. Lol.

Your lack of faith that WMU can succeed in a challenging conference is disturbing. We don't get legitimate NHL studs like Iacopelli and Allison by playing in the new WCHA. I want them to be able to win the national title some day, do you?
12-18-2016 01:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fights for Justice

Don't be putting your life savings into Big 14 hockey yet. Michigan is beyond awful and MSU isn't much better. We'll see about OSU and PSU. Wisconsin is better than last year. I don't see any national title contenders coming out of the Big 14.
12-18-2016 01:31 AM
Fights for Justice

(12-17-2016 10:20 PM)brovol Wrote:  If we were offered a spot in the big ten you think it would be wise to accept? And I'm the idiot?

Of course you would be. They don't extend invitations to join the most financially successful D-1 conference every day.
12-18-2016 01:34 AM
ejd_5277 Offline
Special Teams

(12-18-2016 01:29 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(12-16-2016 10:15 PM)brovol Wrote:  

Your lack of faith that WMU can succeed in a challenging conference is disturbing. We don't get legitimate NHL studs like Iacopelli and Allison by playing in the new WCHA. I want them to be able to win the national title some day, do you?

This.

Brovol, I do understand your argument, but I respectfully disagree with it. I sort of view us joining the WCHA as sacrificing long term gains for a short term burst of success. Charm is spot on. No way we get the kind of talent we got this year if we were in the WCHA. The tournament berths will come, perhaps as early as this season. KB knew exactly what she was doing when she put us in the NCHC, and she knew it was going to be a rocky road at first, just as she knew the same when she hired PJ Fleck. This is an athletic department under her leadership that takes a long term view of things, and those visions are starting to pay off in spades, in more ways than one.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 04:26 AM by ejd_5277.)
12-18-2016 04:24 AM
Fights for Justice

(12-17-2016 06:53 PM)brovol Wrote:  I don't think the WCHA will close shop and those teams drop hockey. If the WCHA did disband opportunities would exist, just as they did when the ccha ended.

I think the odds are good the new WCHA will not exist in its current format in five years. And once that happens, those teams looking for "opportunities" are going to be screwed. I know for narrow minded guys like yourself, those opportunities would be fine because YOU don't want to play big boy hockey. You're fine with second or third tier recruits with limited skills playing relatively meaningless games in a feel good atmosphere against the local schools because it makes you feel good.

On the other hand I, and many other fans with goals and aspirations for WMU hockey, want to see it play big boy hockey with an eventual goal of being strong enough to contend for a national title. That means playing against the best competition. Sure, we've taken our lumps the last few years but we are on the upswing, much to your chagrin.

You know those automated telephone calls WMU makes with Murray to hawk tickets? I wish he'd personally call you and tell you to not bother buying tickets because the program doesn't want your negativity. This program is going somewhere and it doesn't want you holding it back.

Quote:I would say time will tell, but i said that four years ago and it already has told, but nobody wants to admit that it has not been a good fit.

It's a fine fit. You know nothing about college hockey and especially big boy college hockey. Stick to watching Army play tiddlywinks in Atlantic Hockey.
12-18-2016 12:33 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(12-18-2016 12:33 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(12-17-2016 06:53 PM)brovol Wrote:  I don't think the WCHA will close shop and those teams drop hockey. If the WCHA did disband opportunities would exist, just as they did when the ccha ended.

I think the odds are good the new WCHA will not exist in its current format in five years. And once that happens, those teams looking for "opportunities" are going to be screwed. I know for narrow minded guys like yourself, those opportunities would be fine because YOU don't want to play big boy hockey. You're fine with second or third tier recruits with limited skills playing relatively meaningless games in a feel good atmosphere against the local schools because it makes you feel good.

On the other hand I, and many other fans with goals and aspirations for WMU hockey, want to see it play big boy hockey with an eventual goal of being strong enough to contend for a national title. That means playing against the best competition. Sure, we've taken our lumps the last few years but we are on the upswing, much to your chagrin.

You know those automated telephone calls WMU makes with Murray to hawk tickets? I wish he'd personally call you and tell you to not bother buying tickets because the program doesn't want your negativity. This program is going somewhere and it doesn't want you holding it back.

Quote:I would say time will tell, but i said that four years ago and it already has told, but nobody wants to admit that it has not been a good fit.

It's a fine fit. You know nothing about college hockey and especially big boy college hockey. Stick to watching Army play tiddlywinks in Atlantic Hockey.

Ironic when someone as ignorant as you charm on so many subjects not only shares so much idiocy as if it was true, but has convinced himself that he is the divinitive authority, when in fact you know nothing, and your stupid and insult laden posts prove it. You had us going to repeated NCAA tournaments our first several years in the NCHC, and competing at the top of the conference; perhaps because we had been doing that in the ccha. You had us with constant sell outs at Lawson, and actually building a new area by now to accommodate the demands of fans who would flock to see the North Dakota's, Denvers, and other power schools in the dream conference. I had us struggling to find a stride in the new conference, and being challenged within the conference, considering the quality of those programs and the traveling involved. I was right and you were flat out wrong!!!! Instead of manning up and admitting that the past three years proves you are the idiot that you are, you resort to what you do.

There are a lot of D1 leagues, and most aren't as good as the NCHC. So what? Most probably won't get as many teams in the NCAA some years. So what? Who cares how many teams make the NCAA out of a particular league, as long as we are one of them.

It is no wonder your life is what it is...
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 03:18 PM by brovol.)
12-18-2016 03:15 PM
Advertisement

bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
(12-18-2016 01:31 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  

Don't be putting your life savings into Big 14 hockey yet. Michigan is beyond awful and MSU isn't much better. We'll see about OSU and PSU. Wisconsin is better than last year. I don't see any national title contenders coming out of the Big 14.

It's less about the individual teams being title contenders and more about the conference H2H tilting. The NCHC has been slaughtering the B1G and WCHA all along, but this is the first time since '13-14 that the B1G is beating the WCHA and much better (4-6-4 vs. 3-30-1 the last 2 seasons) vs the NCHC.
12-18-2016 10:15 PM
Fights for Justice

Good observation, nick.
12-18-2016 10:28 PM
Fights for Justice

Here's another tidbit for Brovol. More evidence we should have joined the new WCHA, right?

Quote:Brad E. Schlossman
‏@SchlossmanGF

Atlantic Hockey will finish with a better nonconference mark than the WCHA for the first time ever.

8:29 AM - 9 Jan 2017 from Bismarck, ND
01-09-2017 12:27 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I wasn't a big fan of the NCHC at first, felt the travel expenses would be too costly. But I've kind of grown towards the conference. Certainly it's arguably the best college hockey conference in the country. Being a 3rd rated NCHC contender says a lot.

Hope this is the year Murray finally puts it together. He's pretty smart, but that hasn't translated to wins in the conference-at least until this season. Second half of the season is heavily laden with games at Lawson, so no more excuses-we have the talent, we have the coaching, we have the powerplay we have the goaltending. Let's make some noise!

04-chairshot
01-09-2017 04:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.