Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Most Favored Conference in Bowl Season
Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
AAC Most Favored Conference in Bowl Season
ESPN's Sharon Katz projects the American Athletic Conference as the winningest conference this upcoming bowl season with 5 of 7 teams being favorites in their bowl game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/...owl-season
12-16-2016 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: AAC Most Favored Conference in Bowl Season
I forgot the bowl season starts tommorow. Houston plays San Diego St. and UCF plays Ark St.

A good showing will booster the AAC reputation. I hope Memphis does it's part by upsetting WKU.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 09:15 AM by Tiger1983.)
12-16-2016 09:11 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
Seriously, look who the hell we are playing and you make this a thread, we ought to win all seven.
12-16-2016 09:48 AM
Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

(12-16-2016 09:48 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  Seriously, look who the hell we are playing and you make this a thread, we ought to win all seven.

No doubt.
It surprising that Navy isn't favored even with their injuries.
12-16-2016 10:10 AM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Temple getting Wake Forest is such a slap in the face. We really need Temple to get a win there, now. A loss would be devastating.
12-16-2016 01:47 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
It's understanding given the key injuries for Navy, but seeing full-strength Memphis as an underdog to a CUSA team makes me 03-puke
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 02:50 PM by Kronke.)
12-16-2016 02:48 PM
Advertisement

quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
The table is really set for us to have a great bowl season. 04-rock
12-16-2016 02:56 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Can't do anything about the opponents now... except smash all 7 and MAKE A STATEMENT.
12-16-2016 03:10 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(12-16-2016 10:10 AM)Weatherdemon Wrote:  
(12-16-2016 09:48 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  Seriously, look who the hell we are playing and you make this a thread, we ought to win all seven.

No doubt.
It surprising that Navy isn't favored even with their injuries.

I would say it's not that surprising.

Remember people here, including mwc and bronie visitors saying Navy looked bad in September games against UConn, Tulane, and AF? Despite how good October-November Navy looked, December Navy has had worse results than September Navy.
LaTech will throw some points on the board, too.

And even so, that FPI "favorite" for LaTech is 50.4% Meanwhile, Massey and Sagarin predictors favor Navy by 3-7 points.

Mixed bag, given the injuries? Can't be too shocked...
12-16-2016 03:19 PM
Tigersmoke3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(12-16-2016 02:48 PM)Kronke Wrote:  It's understanding given the key injuries for Navy, but seeing full-strength Memphis as an underdog to a CUSA team makes me 03-puke

The problem is that a lot of those talking heads haven't paid much attention to anyone outside of the p5 and the proof is WMU being over ranked after playing a terrible schedule. Memphis has only played maybe one other two games all year with all of our defensive starters intake. I wouldn't predict it but this may turn out to be a blowout for us, but certainly a win
12-16-2016 03:39 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-16-2016 02:48 PM)Kronke Wrote:  It's understanding given the key injuries for Navy, but seeing full-strength Memphis as an underdog to a CUSA team makes me 03-puke

WKU, the CUSA champs, boasts the nation's second highest scoring offense (45.1 ppg) and two of their three losses were to SEC bowl teams (AL and Vandy). They hold a better Massey Composite score than Memphis (33 vs 41).

Despite the loss of WKU's coach to Purdue, Memphis underdog designation is a reasonable assessment IMO
12-16-2016 03:41 PM
Advertisement

tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
(12-16-2016 03:41 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

WKU, the CUSA champs, boasts the nation's second highest scoring offense (45.1 ppg) and two of their three losses were to SEC bowl teams (AL and Vandy). They hold a better Massey Composite score than Memphis (33 vs 41).

Despite the loss of WKU's coach to Purdue, Memphis underdog designation is a reasonable assessment IMO

#5/6 AAC Team vs CUSA champ. Lotta respect for AAC. We lose and it should be that way. We win and the storyline becomes any of the top 6 AAC teams could win CUSA
12-16-2016 04:39 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(12-16-2016 08:32 AM)Weatherdemon Wrote:  ESPN's Sharon Katz projects the American Athletic Conference as the winningest conference this upcoming bowl season with 5 of 7 teams being favorites in their bowl game.

well, not to be a party pooper but that's because our bowl line up/opponents suck

its not the AAC's fault, it just is what it is.

I know all you can do is win the games on the schedule, but these are just putrid bowls we are in against crap teams.

So yeah, we SHOULD be like 6-1 at worst. But we won't get any kudos for it....and we shouldn't.
12-17-2016 08:09 AM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(12-17-2016 08:09 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(12-16-2016 08:32 AM)Weatherdemon Wrote:  ESPN's Sharon Katz projects the American Athletic Conference as the winningest conference this upcoming bowl season with 5 of 7 teams being favorites in their bowl game.

well, not to be a party pooper but that's because our bowl line up/opponents suck

its not the AAC's fault, it just is what it is.

I know all you can do is win the games on the schedule, but these are just putrid bowls we are in against crap teams.

So yeah, we SHOULD be like 6-1 at worst. But we won't get any kudos for it....and we shouldn't.

Yeah the bowls aren't great but I don't know which ones would realistically be in play for the league to grab. Maybe a full tie to Armed Forces or Maybe the Independence.

Independence vs ACC
Military vs ACC
BHam vs SEC
Armed Forces vs MWC
Miami Beach vs Big 12 ( for them dropping out of Armed Forces)
St Pete vs ACC
Poinsettia vs MWC
Cure vs CUSA/MAC/Sunbelt

While still not exceptional I think it would be an upgrade.
12-17-2016 01:37 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
Just show the world how invincible the P6 AAC is, just like you all did during last years bowl season! That will show everyone. Then the rest of the college football world will know, like all of you do, that all the losses the best AAC schools had this year were just flukes, or were because only AAC schools got injuries this year, and none of those losses should actually count.
12-17-2016 02:03 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

(12-17-2016 02:03 PM)brovol Wrote:  Just show the world how invincible the P6 AAC is, just like you all did during last years bowl season! That will show everyone. Then the rest of the college football world will know, like all of you do, that all the losses the best AAC schools had this year were just flukes, or were because only AAC schools got injuries this year, and none of those losses should actually count.

Shouldn't you be trying to figure out how not to get your brains beat in by Wisconsin right now? If the AAC isn't that great why do you have to come here and try so hard to tell us that it isn't? Btw, your fly is down..
12-17-2016 02:37 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

You are right about that. I do hope we don't get our brains beat in by Wisconsin. Lol.

I admit I have become fixated on checking your board. Others mentioned how you AAC folks take turns telling yourselves how great you are, and now I gawk because it is amusing, and then can't stop myself from posting a reply, even though I know it's probably poor form. But you are right, I should stop. I'll work on it.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2016 03:58 PM by brovol.)
12-17-2016 03:57 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(12-17-2016 03:57 PM)brovol Wrote:  You are right about that. I do hope we don't get our brains beat in by Wisconsin. Lol.

I admit I have become fixated on checking your board. Others mentioned how you AAC folks take turns telling yourselves how great you are, and now I gawk because it is amusing, and then can't stop myself from posting a reply, even though I know it's probably poor form. But you are right, I should stop. I'll work on it.

Since you are an Army fan too....I'll bite. This conference board is different than any other because it's such a homer board love fest. it's like the games where you hear the SEC SEC SEC chants and see conference t shirts. Instead of hating each other, the fans on here love each other....with ONE exception: ECU. ECU is hated on here. Other than that, the majority of fans on here love each other. Imagine if Michigan fans rooted for Ohio St for the good of the conference? If you can, that's this board with the exception of ECU who gets mocked after every loss and ignored after every win. The original CUSA had more long term rivalry games and had a tighter geographic footprint which was why I liked it better than this set up as far as the "college football traditional feel"...a few more years and maybe the house will settle a little.
Cheers!
12-17-2016 06:08 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(12-17-2016 06:08 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(12-17-2016 03:57 PM)brovol Wrote:  You are right about that. I do hope we don't get our brains beat in by Wisconsin. Lol.

Since you are an Army fan too....I'll bite. This conference board is different than any other because it's such a homer board love fest. it's like the games where you hear the SEC SEC SEC chants and see conference t shirts. Instead of hating each other, the fans on here love each other....with ONE exception: ECU. ECU is hated on here. Other than that, the majority of fans on here love each other. Imagine if Michigan fans rooted for Ohio St for the good of the conference? If you can, that's this board with the exception of ECU who gets mocked after every loss and ignored after every win. The original CUSA had more long term rivalry games and had a tighter geographic footprint which was why I liked it better than this set up as far as the "college football traditional feel"...a few more years and maybe the house will settle a little.
Cheers!

Thanks for the candor. Have a great holiday.
12-17-2016 06:27 PM
broncos1123 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
I thought the AAC was supposed to be good?
12-17-2016 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.