Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Classic Trap game - on the road against Morehead State
Bookmark and Share
swvabucsfan Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
Coming off the road win against Mississippi State and with one of the most hyped games in many years coming up at home against UT, our next game, on the road against Morehead State Saturday, is a classic trap game.

One of the steadiest Mid Major programs year in and year out, the Eagles have been battered this year. They are 2-7 with wins over Lipscomb (they are 1-1 against them this year - yes, they’ve played twice already) and Kentucky Christian. They have lost to Marshall, Evansville, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Northern Kentucky, Lipscomb and Eastern Washington.

And the program is in some disarray, with the Coach suspended after accusations of head butting a player! http://www.msueagles.com/news/2016/12/14...ogram.aspx

However, the team seems to have circled the wagons. Their last game they went on the road to the west coast and took 8-2 Eastern Washington (a good mid major drawing 10 votes in the College Insider poll) to overtime before losing by 2, 86-88.

This would be a bad time to get caught admiring the MSU win, or looking ahead to the Vols. Morehead has got some talent, their backs are to the wall and they have nothing to lose. Hope the Bucs are in the frame to take care of business on the road in Morehead, Kentucky.

Don’t mean to start an unofficial game thread – I just get a little impatient.

Over to you Fan1!
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 09:52 AM by swvabucsfan.)
12-15-2016 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

RE: A Classic Trap game - on the road against Morehead State
I absolutely agree, and this occurred to me almost immediately after the game last night.
I *want* to say we've got our mojo back and take care of business, but as of the moment I see it being very hard to focus on Morehead.
12-15-2016 10:40 AM
Bucster Offline
All American

Agree too. Remember last year? Had a big win on the road against Ga. Tech then went to Charleston Southern and lost. Need to be ready for this game.
12-15-2016 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
queenladybug817 Offline
Special Teams

(12-15-2016 10:40 AM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  I absolutely agree, and this occurred to me almost immediately after the game last night.
I *want* to say we've got our mojo back and take care of business, but as of the moment I see it being very hard to focus on Morehead.
Yeah, the MSU coach alluded last night post-game to the fact that he tried to warn his team to take us seriously, but he didn't think it sunk in until too late. I hope we don't fall into that with Morehead.
12-15-2016 10:48 AM
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(12-15-2016 10:48 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 10:40 AM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  I absolutely agree, and this occurred to me almost immediately after the game last night.
Yeah, the MSU coach alluded last night post-game to the fact that he tried to warn his team to take us seriously, but he didn't think it sunk in until too late. I hope we don't fall into that with Morehead.

From what I observed, Miss State was dead serious from the opening tip. We beat a good team. Now, it is up to coach to get the Bucs ready for Morehead, plain and simple.
12-15-2016 10:58 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

So true...and just 2 weeks ago we came out apathetic against a d2 squad,
Lees McRae, after 3 wins in South Dakota.
12-15-2016 11:02 AM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
I honestly don't think we have a problem with Morehead as long as we put in effort and don't come out of the tunnel like against L-M.
12-15-2016 11:06 AM
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Morehead is on a 7 game losing streak. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
12-15-2016 11:11 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(12-15-2016 11:02 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  So true...and just 2 weeks ago we came out apathetic against a d2 squad,

And, Lees-McRae shot the lights out (we should have halted this early on) throwing up stuff from all over the place that simply fell in, one of those anomalies of the game. Fortunately, we tossed in 85. If we hit 85 in our remaining games and come on defensively, we win a bunch. Just saying.
12-15-2016 11:21 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-15-2016 11:21 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 11:02 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  So true...and just 2 weeks ago we came out apathetic against a d2 squad,

And, Lees-McRae shot the lights out (we should have halted this early on) throwing up stuff from all over the place that simply fell in, one of those anomalies of the game. Fortunately, we tossed in 85. If we hit 85 in our remaining games and come on defensively, we win a bunch. Just saying.

I still don't think 46% from the field and 37% from 3pt range is "Shooting the lights out"

Also Doctor seemed to think L-M was a better team then Limestone.
They played on the 10th 94-77 Limestone.
L-M is now 2-9 on the year. They won their next game against Mt Olive (who is 1-9 and their only win is against Georgian Court.. Whatever the hell that is)
and have lost 3 in a row. by 15,17 and 15.
Sorry but NOTHING anybody is going to say is going to convince me L-M is a good team, better then record, etc. They are horrible, they are horrible by Div II standards and against Div I teams they should get rolled by 50+ (See Georgia Southern 106-51 butt kicking).
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 07:48 PM by RodShaw2.)
12-15-2016 12:25 PM
Advertisement

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

(12-15-2016 12:25 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Also Doctor seemed to think L-M was a better team then Limestone.

I don't think that's exactly what I said. This is:
"As to Limestone being a better team than L-M........they may have (slightly) better athletes, but just based on seeing each team the one time, L-M played much better as a team, and did so many more of the little things to enable themselves to have a chance."

I stand by that. It was one of those "on any given day" kind of things when we played L-M.
12-15-2016 12:43 PM
ballerbucs Offline
Water Engineer

Definitely a game the Bucs should win. Last year they had a let down at Charleston Southern after the GTech win so hopefully they've learned from that. But please people, try and contain your mass panic if ETSU isnt up 20-5 at the 1st media and ride off into the sunset with a comfortable victory. I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer than the records would suggest.
12-16-2016 04:57 PM
Buckyball Offline
Bench Warmer

Shooting 46% floor and 37% from three, against our defense, on the road, is indeed "lights out" for Lees-Mc. They played way over their heads. And losing big to Limestone just supports that.
12-16-2016 05:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.