Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jim Brown fell in love with Trump
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
Jim Brown fell in love with Trump
I wanted, well expected, only two things from Trump.

1 - A conservative set of judges

When someone asked my why I thought Hillary would be worse than Trump all I could say was... "Trumps damage will be shorter term because Hillary would destroy the supreme court"

2 - To break the stranglehold the DNC has on minority communities.

Trump is not a conservative, he's a populist, but he might open some doors to minority communities because despite all the propaganda he has no real history of racism.

===

Well Jim Brown, a racial activist and Hillary supporter is now singing Trumps praises.

12-14-2016 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: Jim Brown fell in love with Trump
Saw that earlier tonight. Jim Brown doesn't make statements like that unless he means it. Kanye West also met with Trump today and it went well also. Trump is reaching out to many people that were against him and he seems to be making a good impression on most of them.
12-14-2016 02:40 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(12-14-2016 02:40 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  Saw that earlier tonight. Jim Brown doesn't make statements like that unless he means it. Kanye West also met with Trump today and it went well also. Trump is reaching out to many people that were against him and he seems to be making a good impression on most of them.

It's a big change from "get in the back seat" posture Obama took with this opponents.
12-14-2016 02:54 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I always said that the blacks will love Trump.
12-14-2016 06:25 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I never saw a better football player than Jim Brown and I've been watching since 1958.
12-14-2016 08:24 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(12-14-2016 06:25 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I always said that the blacks will love Trump.

Those aren't the "blacks" trump needs to focus on. It's easy for those "blacks" to like trump because their lifestyles are not like the other "blacks". Kanye and Jim Brown do not represent us. Kanye even lost a lot of fans after his meeting with trump. So no the blacks will never love trump. But we may tolerate him if he follows through with his so call plan for AFRICAN AMERICANS Only time will tell.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-relea...n-renewal1
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 08:59 AM by pcm0103.)
12-14-2016 08:54 AM
Advertisement

WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

(12-14-2016 08:54 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 06:25 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I always said that the blacks will love Trump.

Those aren't the "blacks" trump needs to focus on. It's easy for those "blacks" to like trump because their lifestyles are not like the other "blacks". Kanye and Jim Brown do not represent us. Kanye even lost a lot of fans after his meeting with trump. So no the blacks will never love trump. But we may tolerate him if he follows through with his so call plan for AFRICAN AMERICANS Only time will tell.

I'm confused as to how you can spin this negatively. This should be a breath of fresh air for black America.
12-14-2016 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(12-14-2016 08:59 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  

I'm confused as to how you can spin this negatively. This should be a breath of fresh air for black America.

I'm not spinning anything. How is it a breath of fresh air? You see its easy to bring a famous african american in say that he supports trump and believes in what he is saying. If trump is going to help the african american people he needs to be true to his proposal. As of right now its all talk. Do right by your proposal then you get the praise. Simple as that.

Also its a lot of close door talking. During trumps campaign Tom Joyner who runs one of the largest african american radio stations tried to get trump to come on air and discuss his plans for black america. He declined every time. Yet now we are suppose to get excited and fall in love because he had a meeting with Jim Brown and Kanye West? II'll wait and get excited when he has a positive impact on the black community by following through with his proposal.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 09:12 AM by pcm0103.)
12-14-2016 09:03 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-14-2016 02:54 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 02:40 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  Saw that earlier tonight. Jim Brown doesn't make statements like that unless he means it. Kanye West also met with Trump today and it went well also. Trump is reaching out to many people that were against him and he seems to be making a good impression on most of them.

It's a big change from "get in the back seat" posture Obama took with this opponents.

No kidding. To this point - Trump hasn't shown himself to be vindictive in nature and while he has done some speeches people call "A victory tour", I haven't seen a whole lot of "spiking the ball" going on.
12-14-2016 09:04 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-14-2016 09:03 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  

I'm not spinning anything. How is it a breath of fresh air? You see its easy to bring a famous african american in say that he supports trump and believes in what he is saying. If trump is going to help the african american people he needs to be true to his proposal. As of right now its all talk. Do right by your proposal then you get the praise. Simple as that.

Wouldn't you say that in meeting with both Kanye and Brown - two blacks that have the ear of the black community and have been outspoken - it would appear he is trying to reach out to that community and at minimum, listening to what they believe are issues??

I can't see Hillary doing that ever.........

You are correct - at this point it is all talk, he hasn't assumed the office yet.

Honestly, for a lot of what he has said he wants to do, I'm taking a wait and see attitude and frankly, waiting to see how much political push back he gets from various constituencies. Can he gain supporters from those ranks, etc.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds. My guess is he won't get everything done he wants - no president does. What will he be able to get done in that quagmire that is Washington that seems only to care about enriching themselves first......
12-14-2016 09:13 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

Also its a lot of close door talking. During trumps campaign Tom Joyner who runs one of the largest african american radio stations tried to get trump to come on air and discuss his plans for black america. He declined every time. Yet now we are suppose to get excited and fall in love because he had a meeting with Jim Brown and Kanye West? II'll wait and get excited when he has a positive impact on the black community by following through with his proposal.

Obama had 8 years and had no positive impact on blacks. Unemployment is up for blacks and welfare is up for blacks. Where has your b#tching about Obama's failure been for the last 8 years?
12-14-2016 09:16 AM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss

There are so MANY things I want to say that are SO WRONG with this post.. (But both my nature and the rules of the board refuse to let me do so).

Because according to pcm, now apparently all black Americans are not created equal.

(And yes, I intentionally refuse to use the term African Americanm since nobody uses my heritage in describing me...)
12-14-2016 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(12-14-2016 09:13 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

Wouldn't you say that in meeting with both Kanye and Brown - two blacks that have the ear of the black community and have been outspoken - it would appear he is trying to reach out to that community and at minimum, listening to what they believe are issues??

I can't see Hillary doing that ever.........

You are correct - at this point it is all talk, he hasn't assumed the office yet.

Honestly, for a lot of what he has said he wants to do, I'm taking a wait and see attitude and frankly, waiting to see how much political push back he gets from various constituencies. Can he gain supporters from those ranks, etc.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds. My guess is he won't get everything done he wants - no president does. What will he be able to get done in that quagmire that is Washington that seems only to care about enriching themselves first......

I can give you Jim Brown because he has a track record for helping the black community. He has helped shape the black community. Kanye was made by the black community. If we weren't buying his records there would be no Kanye. Someone posted that trump is reaching out to many people that are against him and making a good impression. If he reaches out to a "Roland Martin" and can make a good impression then he will definitely make a mark in the black community.
12-14-2016 09:24 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I think that Trump is great for you people. He is the only presidential candidate to ever bring up the blacks at all 3 debates. You blacks will be very pleased by Mr. Trump in 4 years, that I can tell you.
12-14-2016 09:25 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(12-14-2016 09:16 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Obama had 8 years and had no positive impact on blacks. Unemployment is up for blacks and welfare is up for blacks. Where has your b#tching about Obama's failure been for the last 8 years?

Thats easy to say since I just started posting in this spin room only a few months ago. Wished I would of noticed it when I first joined ncaabbs board. If I was up here 8 years ago you would of seen my praise and disappointments in his presidency I'm not even going to sit here and say that Pres. Obama has been the savior of the African American community. I believe that he has done some good things and he has not done things to help my community. You can google to verify this. But I will not sit here and believe that just because trump had a couple of meetings that everything is all good. Like I stated before stick to your proposal and you get my praise.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 09:53 AM by pcm0103.)
12-14-2016 09:46 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(12-14-2016 09:19 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

There are so MANY things I want to say that are SO WRONG with this post.. (But both my nature and the rules of the board refuse to let me do so).

Because according to pcm, now apparently all black Americans are not created equal.

(And yes, I intentionally refuse to use the term African Americanm since nobody uses my heritage in describing me...)

Did I say something that wasn't true? Yes we are created equal. But my lifestyle is by no means equal to Jim Brown and Kanye West. You don't have to use African American. Not once did I say that to anyone on this board. But I will always use it. If you feel passionate about your heritage then maybe you need to start using it.

If you want to express what was so wrong about my post then feel free to pm me. We can keep it very real there.
12-14-2016 09:52 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2016 09:46 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 08:54 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  Those aren't the "blacks" trump needs to focus on. It's easy for those "blacks" to like trump because their lifestyles are not like the other "blacks". Kanye and Jim Brown do not represent us. Kanye even lost a lot of fans after his meeting with trump. So no the blacks will never love trump. But we may tolerate him if he follows through with his so call plan for AFRICAN AMERICANS Only time will tell.

Thats easy to say since I just started posting in this spin room for only a few months. If I was up here 8 years ago you would of seen my praise and disappointments in his presidency I'm not even going to sit here and say that Pres. Obama has been the savior of the African American community. I believe that he has done some good things and he has not done things to help my community. You can google to verify this. But I will not sit here and believe that just because trump had a couple of meetings that everything is all good. Like I stated before stick to your proposal and you get my praise.

The Obamas got in the white house and started smelling their own farts. They only rubbed elbows with the upper class blacks (Oprah, Beyonce, Jay Z) and left all the others behind. Sad.
12-14-2016 09:53 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(12-14-2016 09:25 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

I think that Trump is great for you people. He is the only presidential candidate to ever bring up the blacks at all 3 debates. You blacks will be very pleased by Mr. Trump in 4 years, that I can tell you.

So just because he brought up blacks in debates 3 times he is going to be great for us? I see your logic. I will never believe what other posters on this board say about you. You have really enlighten me this morning.
12-14-2016 09:56 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2016 08:54 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  Those aren't the "blacks" trump needs to focus on. It's easy for those "blacks" to like trump because their lifestyles are not like the other "blacks". Kanye and Jim Brown do not represent us. Kanye even lost a lot of fans after his meeting with trump. So no the blacks will never love trump. But we may tolerate him if he follows through with his so call plan for AFRICAN AMERICANS Only time will tell.

Thats easy to say since I just started posting in this spin room only a few months ago. Wished I would of noticed it when I first joined ncaabbs board. If I was up here 8 years ago you would of seen my praise and disappointments in his presidency I'm not even going to sit here and say that Pres. Obama has been the savior of the African American community. I believe that he has done some good things and he has not done things to help my community. You can google to verify this. But I will not sit here and believe that just because trump had a couple of meetings that everything is all good. Like I stated before stick to your proposal and you get my praise.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-14-2016 10:05 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(12-14-2016 10:05 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 08:59 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  I'm confused as to how you can spin this negatively. This should be a breath of fresh air for black America.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Don't understand what is so funny unless your reading comprehension is that bad. Maybe you need to highlight and reread the entire sentence and stop trying to spin what I said.
12-14-2016 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.