Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The TaxPayerSlayer Bowl
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The TaxPayerSlayer Bowl
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Jacksonv...16575.html

Quote:JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Jacksonville taxpayers will have to fork out $415,000 to install temporary seats for the upcoming TaxSlayer bowl.

The city of Jacksonville already provides up to $350,000 in stadium expenses to host the game. While it knew it would have to install temporary seats this year, Mayor Lenny Curry's office mistakenly left out the cost in this year's budget, City Council President Lori Boyer told the newspaper.

03-no
12-04-2016 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: The TaxPayerSlayer Bowl
Doubtful it is even a sellout. Part of the contract though.
12-04-2016 02:09 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
The TaxPayerSlayer Bowl
Aren't temporary seats also installed for the Florida-Georgia game?

At least this year the Tax Bowl gets Kentucky, who should be good for attendance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?
12-04-2016 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Kentucky will bring about 20K since it's their first bowl in forever.

Georgia Tech will bring another 20-30K.

With temporary seating the Jags stadium holds about 80K ... 82K as configured for UF-UGAg.

The stadium will be half empty, temporary seating or not.
12-04-2016 04:20 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Cities and states almost always end up looking like rubes when these "big time sports" contract details are revealed.

Spending that kind of money just to get the TaxSlayer Bowl? C'mon. Don't give into those kind of demands unless you're landing a CFP bowl game, at least, and maybe not even then. Instead of installing seats that won't be filled, tell the bowl guys they can take your fully adequate stadium as is or go to Shreveport if they don't like it.
12-04-2016 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.