Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
What is your CFP Top 4?
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Penn State
4) Washington

Rationale for no Ohio State: Conference championships matter. You shouldn't be playing for the national title in just a four team playoff if you weren't even playing for your conference title.
12-04-2016 12:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: What is your CFP Top 4?
It's easy.
1 Alabama
2 Ohio St
3 Clemson
4 Washington

Sorry but the rules aren't the 4 best conference champions. It's the 4 best teams period.

If any of my 4 are left out it'd be Washington.
12-04-2016 12:05 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-04-2016 12:04 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Penn State
4) Washington

Rationale for no Ohio State: Conference championships matter. You shouldn't be playing for the national title in just a four team playoff if you weren't even playing for your conference title.

I agree about the 4. I would have Penn State 4th as they do have 2 losses. Also, if we were in a 4 champs model there would be no controversy at all and no need for the danged committee.
12-04-2016 12:07 AM
SouthEastAlaska Offline
1st String

I Root For: UW
1)Alabama
2)Clemson
3)Washington
4)Ohio State
5)Penn State

Ohio state falls to 4th for not having the 13th data point.
12-04-2016 12:07 AM
Jericho Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Washington
4) Penn State

I get the argument for Ohio State. They look good. They probably are good. And they might be one of the best four teams in college. Just like in 2015. But they failed to win their division, let alone their conference. And for the second year in a row they lost in on the field (just like in 2015 to Michigan State). And because the other conferences had strong enough candidates, I will defer to those champions to fill out the 4. They had their chance and they lost
12-04-2016 12:09 AM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
I really want to put Penn St in instead of Ohio St- they have the conf championship and the head to head. But Ohio St will have 2 wins over top 8 teams, including a nonconfernce game. Man it would have been so much simpler if Michigan had won the Big 10.

I really think Washington is in. I think it is down to Penn St and Ohio St for the last spot.
12-04-2016 12:11 AM
Advertisement

Realignment Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC Trojans
1.) Alabama
2.) Washington
3.) Clemson
4.) Penn State

Like everyone else is saying, conference championships matter.
12-04-2016 12:12 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Washington
4) Ohio State

[EDIT: I switched UW and tOSU]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 12:15 AM by nzmorange.)
12-04-2016 12:14 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-04-2016 12:04 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Penn State
4) Washington

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Ohio St.
4 Washington

Clemson won the games they needed to win. Ohio St. didn't. Schedules were pretty comparable. Ohio St. was a little tougher at the top, but also weaker at the bottom.

Wile PSU won head to head and won the conference title, they also lost badly to a team Ohio St. beat and lost to Pitt. They were tied in the conference standings.
12-04-2016 12:17 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
1) Bama
2) Clemson
3) Washington
4) Penn St

Penn St is BigTen champion and beat Ohio State. and I believe if they played again, PSU would win again.
12-04-2016 12:19 AM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Washington
4) Penn State

PSU is the B1G champ and have the head to head over OSU. Yes they lost to Pitt but OSU lost to VT and still got in. Same should apply to PSU this year
12-04-2016 12:42 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Washington

Other NY6 bowls:

Rose: Penn State vs USC
Orange: FSU vs Michigan
Sugar: Auburn vs Oklahoma
Cotton: WMU vs Wisconsin
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 12:44 AM by quo vadis.)
12-04-2016 12:43 AM
allthatyoucantleavebehind Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Penn State
I think it's so strange that I haven't heard one talking head mention this week how shaky OSU looked (AT HOME!) in the UM game. Yes, they pulled it out...and a win is a win...but they needed some luck (Michigan mistakes, reffing). All I've heard is about Ohio State's impressive win over top 5 Michigan.

Yet, PSU won on a special teams play against OSU...as if it were some kind of fluke. We also shut down OSU for the final 4 minutes to win the game...PSU also played better versus Michigan State than OSU and Michigan did...and PSU played better against Indiana than Michigan did late in the season. (Yes, yes, I know Michigan creamed PSU without 7 of our linebackers in the Big House...I know...)

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. PSU
4. Washington
12-04-2016 12:43 AM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(12-04-2016 12:43 AM)allthatyoucantleavebehind Wrote:  I think it's so strange that I haven't heard one talking head mention this week how shaky OSU looked (AT HOME!) in the UM game. Yes, they pulled it out...and a win is a win...but they needed some luck (Michigan mistakes, reffing). All I've heard is about Ohio State's impressive win over top 5 Michigan.

Yet, PSU won on a special teams play against OSU...as if it were some kind of fluke. We also shut down OSU for the final 4 minutes to win the game...PSU also played better versus Michigan State than OSU and Michigan did...and PSU played better against Indiana than Michigan did late in the season. (Yes, yes, I know Michigan creamed PSU without 7 of our linebackers in the Big House...I know...)

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. PSU
4. Washington

Michigan was the #3 team in the country, that's why folks didn't talk about how shaky Ohio St was vs them. Wow.

Also you bring up Penn St vs Michigan giving Penn St an excuse with the LB, but then say Penn St looked better than Michigan vs Indiana, when Michigan didn't have their QB. Can't have it both ways pal.
12-04-2016 12:47 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Washington
4.Penn State

Ohio State did not win their conference, so they are out.
12-04-2016 01:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
I don't see the argument of Clemson being seeded higher than Washington. Clemson has not been impressive against teams with a .700 record or above and they have a bad loss. Washington has been impressive in all but one game against a USC team who could go head to head with anyone in the country.

I also no longer see the justification of Ohio State over Penn State. It's a close call but Penn State beat Ohio State and won the Big 10. One loss should not be allowed to play a huge factor here.
12-04-2016 01:14 AM
Advertisement

4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(12-04-2016 01:12 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Washington
4.Penn State

Ohio State did not win their conference, so they are out.

This ^
12-04-2016 01:15 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
1. Alabama
2. Washington
3. Penn State
4. Clemson
12-04-2016 01:15 AM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
I believe this is really tight between OSU and PSU and the committee has an unenviable task in choosing between the two for the final spot. On the one hand, PSU has the Big 10 title and the head to head win over OSU, making a strong case for inclusion. On the other hand, OSU has the better overall record and its one loss was by three points on the road. Looking at the entirety of each teams' schedule, that 49-10 loss to Michigan could be what tips the scales against PSU. However, OSU didn't look like world beaters down the stretch. Although they beat Michigan in OT -- I didn't think either team looked very good in that game -- OSU only beat a three-win Michigan State by one the week before that. Before thrashing an outmatched Nebraska and Maryland, the Buckeyes narrowly beat 6-6 Northwestern by four (the same Northwestern team that lost to Western Michigan and 6-6 Illinois State).

So PSU had two losses in the first half and OSU had a few bad wins in their last five games. Tough call. The "eye test" gives the edge to OSU, though they both had a good one score final win.

Should happen IMO:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State

Will happen IMO:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Washington

I don't fault the committee either way because I think there is a legitimate argument for either.
12-04-2016 01:19 AM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
If everyone could ignore their Pitt games, Penn State and OSU are tied at 1 loss and Clemson is undefeated.
12-04-2016 01:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.