Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This year as it should be
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Year in and year out, if the AAC is not a lock for the Access Slot then we should be in the mix which we still are. Can't say the same for the other G5 conferences. The narrative that the AAC is the best amongst the G5 is still out there. Just saying, silver linings and all that.....
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 09:56 AM by 8BitPirate.)
12-03-2016 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(12-03-2016 09:55 AM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Year in and year out, if the AAC is not a lock for the Access Slot then we should be in the mix which we still are. Can't say the same for the other G5 conferences. The narrative that the AAC is the best amongst the G5 is still out there. Just saying, silver linings and all that.....

It took an undefeated team to keep us out
12-03-2016 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
acc4life Offline
Banned

I Root For: Yo Momma
RE: This year as it should be
(12-03-2016 09:55 AM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Year in and year out, if the AAC is not a lock for the Access Slot then we should be in the mix which we still are. Can't say the same for the other G5 conferences. The narrative that the AAC is the best amongst the G5 is still out there. Just saying, silver linings and all that.....

I would have been a done deal, if Houston hadn't blown a gasket.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 04:00 PM by acc4life.)
12-03-2016 03:59 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
and the announcers stated many times in different games how the AAC was above the rest of G5. And actually showed the chart showing the AAC ahead of Big12 in P5 wins.

Now the league must finish strong in bowl season and start next year once again with a strong OOC showing to keep the narrative going.

If USF wins its bowl game they will probably start ranked next year.
12-03-2016 06:45 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
(12-03-2016 03:59 PM)acc4life Wrote:  

UH had some injuries in October and the reality is they were a bit overrated and overhyped this year. Plus, we don't know the affect the Tom Herman fiasco had on everything, which I'll never make a legit excuse for.

It happens.
12-03-2016 11:37 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I'm fine with UH's year. The kids pulled off some monumental feats that have made the program better.
12-03-2016 11:40 PM
Advertisement

Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa

Or if the refs hadn't made terrible late calls in the TU vs UH/Navy games.

Tulsa gets those calls (3 calls could've been made in each game and the refs chose the 1 wrong one both times) and they would've been 10-1 playing Temple with their lone loss being Ohio State.

Not to say Tulsa would have beaten Temple but they would be in a New Years Six Bowl if they did.

As it was, the AAC wanted UH or Navy to represent and both teams sh1t the bed.

Message being, don't phuck with the game for political reasons. Let the coaches and players decide them. Yea, I know, that will never happen but it sure seems like it bit the AAC in the arse this year.
12-04-2016 12:03 AM
vaNtR Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
We need to find a way to drive the Power 6 narrative.

If that means adding Boise and SDSU we should do it.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 12:04 AM by vaNtR.)
12-04-2016 12:04 AM
owlfan2272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple Owls
The AAC has proven itself in the G5 bowl so missing this year will not damage the reputation of our league if anything this year strengthened it because a 2 loss Navy honestly was going to be selected over an undefeated MAC team getting a lot of media love for their story. Also unlike the Mountain West where losses were looked at as a sign of weaknesses, losses in our league were looked at as signs of a deep, talented conference. The story today wasn't about Navy being a sham it was about Temple being good and that is the advantage our league has over other G5 conferences
12-04-2016 12:34 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(12-04-2016 12:34 AM)owlfan2272 Wrote:  The AAC has proven itself in the G5 bowl so missing this year will not damage the reputation of our league if anything this year strengthened it because a 2 loss Navy honestly was going to be selected over an undefeated MAC team getting a lot of media love for their story. Also unlike the Mountain West where losses were looked at as a sign of weaknesses, losses in our league were looked at as signs of a deep, talented conference. The story today wasn't about Navy being a sham it was about Temple being good and that is the advantage our league has over other G5 conferences

I agree 100%
I felt bad for Will Worth... but what a season he's had. This has been an entertaining year. The bowl would have been gravy. I was happy to see that graphic they showed at the end, which gave the OOC records vs P5s of all the conferences, with the AAC in front of the Big 12.
It was a good showcase for the American.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 12:39 AM by BigEastHomer.)
12-04-2016 12:38 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
Houston actually made the AAC look great! They beat huge OOC opponents and lost in conference. The only bad loss was SMU (no disrespect intended).
12-04-2016 12:45 AM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(12-04-2016 12:45 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  Houston actually made the AAC look great! They beat huge OOC opponents and lost in conference. The only bad loss was SMU (no disrespect intended).

I think even smu fans know that was a bad loss.
12-04-2016 12:48 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
At least not as bad as it's been lately.
12-04-2016 01:02 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Unpopular Opinion:

This year's Tulane team would have blasted the one that went to the bowl game by 14+. They went 4-8.
12-04-2016 08:29 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU

3 gaskets
12-05-2016 01:03 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(12-03-2016 06:45 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  and the announcers stated many times in different games how the AAC was above the rest of G5. And actually showed the chart showing the AAC ahead of Big12 in P5 wins.

Now the league must finish strong in bowl season and start next year once again with a strong OOC showing to keep the narrative going.

If USF wins its bowl game they will probably start ranked next year.

I think it’s important to win our bowl games but I am not sure how much that will change perceptions.

We are expected to beat some pretty good G5 teams…but if we beat any of the P5 teams in our bowl games critics will just point to them being mediocre teams. Classic ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ type of scenario.

With that said, if Houston had a great opportunity this year to be right in the mix for a bid. IF they would have gone undefeated with two Top 5 victories…they certainly would have been in the playoff discussion as not too many teams could match their big game wins.
12-05-2016 01:30 PM
Advertisement

YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(12-04-2016 12:04 AM)vaNtR Wrote:  We need to find a way to drive the Power 6 narrative.

And affiliate for bowls and scheduling with independents Army and BYU.

The expanded AAC plus Army and BYU contingency could land this bowl lineup:

- Military (v. ACC)
- St. Pete (v. ACC)
- Las Vegas (v. PAC)
- Armed Forces (v. B12)
- Heart of Dallas (v. B1G)
- Birmingham (v. SEC)

That's SIX non-NY6 bowl games against the P5 conferences - at least 1 against each. THAT would drive the P6 narrative.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 02:18 PM by YNot.)
12-05-2016 02:17 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(12-05-2016 02:17 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 12:04 AM)vaNtR Wrote:  We need to find a way to drive the Power 6 narrative.

- Military (v. ACC)
- St. Pete (v. ACC)
- Las Vegas (v. PAC)
- Armed Forces (v. B12)
- Birmingham (v. SEC)

That's SIX non-NY6 bowl games against the P5 conferences - at least 1 against each. THAT would drive the P6 narrative.

But the long and short of it is, we need one of those at-large spots in one of the Big6 bowls to be a tie-in. We need our BCS spot back. The question is, how do we get there? Then you make a plan to get there. Then you execute the plan.
12-05-2016 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YNot Offline
All American

(12-05-2016 02:24 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:17 PM)YNot Wrote:  

- Military (v. ACC)
- St. Pete (v. ACC)
- Las Vegas (v. PAC)
- Armed Forces (v. B12)
- Birmingham (v. SEC)

But the long and short of it is, we need one of those at-large spots in one of the Big6 bowls to be a tie-in. We need our BCS spot back. The question is, how do we get there? Then you make a plan to get there. Then you execute the plan.

There is no way to get the NY6 tie-in until the CFP contract is up (in 9 years)....and even then...there's no way to *plan* to get there - they have to want you.

In the meantime, affiliate with the best available TV draws - Boise, BYU, and Army - and get the best bowls possible. See my post above.

Then, assuming no NY6 auto tie-in, create a new AAC+ bowl game in the new Las Vegas stadium. Schedule for as close to New Year's as possible and the best payout and best matchup possible - perhaps attractive to 3-4 selection out of the PAC and Big 12. #19 Utah is playing 6-6 Indiana in the Foster Farms bowl;

Eliminate the Idaho bowl if needed to make room on the bowl schedule.

If there's no NY6 autobid (outside of the G5 access bid) available, then you've created a marquee New Year's bowl game - on at least a similar tier as Citrus and Outback bowls.
12-05-2016 03:44 PM
YNot Offline
All American

(12-05-2016 03:44 PM)YNot Wrote:  There is no way to get the NY6 tie-in until the CFP contract is up (in 9 years)....and even then...there's no way to *plan* to get there - they have to want you.

In the meantime, affiliate with the best available TV draws - Boise, BYU, and Army - and get the best bowls possible. See my post above.

Then, assuming no NY6 auto tie-in, create a new AAC+ bowl game in the new Las Vegas stadium. Schedule for as close to New Year's as possible and the best payout and best matchup possible - perhaps attractive to 3-4 selection out of the PAC and Big 12. #19 Utah is playing 6-6 Indiana in the Foster Farms bowl;

Eliminate the Idaho bowl if needed to make room on the bowl schedule.

If there's no NY6 autobid (outside of the G5 access bid) available, then you've created a marquee New Year's bowl game - on at least a similar tier as Citrus and Outback bowls.

So, the 2016 AAC+ lineup could look like this:

NEW Las Vegas (v. PAC/B12): #24 Temple (10-3) v. #19 Utah (8-4) - Fri, Dec 30, 5pm

Armed Forces (v. B12): #25 Navy (9-3) v. Baylor (6-6) - Fri, Dec 23, 5pm

Military (v. ACC): USF (10-2) v. Wake Forest (6-6) - Tues, Dec 27, 3:30pm

Birmingham (v. SEC): Tulsa (9-3) v. South Carolina (6-6) - Thurs, Dec 29, 2pm

*Foster Farms: ^Boise St. (10-2) v. Indiana (6-6) - Wed, Dec 28, 8pm
^No PAC team available.

Heart of Dallas (v.B1G): Houston (9-3) v. ^Mississippi St. (5-7) - Tues, Dec 27, 12pm
^No B1G team eligible

St. Pete (v. ACC): Memphis (8-4) v. ^WKU (10-3) -Mon, Dec 26 11am
^ No ACC team available

Miami Beach (v. MAC): Army (6-5) v. Toledo (9-3) - Mon, Dec 19 2:30pm

Las Vegas (v. PAC/MWC): BYU (8-4) v. Wyoming (8-5)[old bowl game] - Sat, Dec 17, 3:3pm

Poinsettia (v. MWC/CUSA): SDSU (10-3) v. LA Tech (8-5) - Wed, Dec 21, 7pm

Boca Raton (v. CUSA/MAC): UCF (6-6) v. Old Dominion (9-3) - Tues, Dec 20, 7pm

Hawaii (v. MWC): Air Force (9-3) v. Hawaii (6-7) - Sat, Dec 24, 8pm

Cure (v. Sun Belt): SMU (5-7) v. Appalachian St. (9-3) - Sat, Dec 17, 7pm

So, a ranked matchup in the New Las Vegas Bowl and 6 bowl games against P5 opponents.
12-05-2016 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.