Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats from Navy
Bookmark and Share
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
Congrats from Navy
Undefeated is undefeated. Congratulations on a terrific season WMU. As much as I want to go, it will not feel right if we do. WMU deserves the Cotton Bowl or CFP.

(ok, I would be ok with us in the Cotton Bowl if you made the CFP)

Congrats on a great season.
12-02-2016 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Congrats from Navy
(12-02-2016 10:56 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  Undefeated is undefeated. Congratulations on a terrific season WMU. As much as I want to go, it will not feel right if we do. WMU deserves the Cotton Bowl or CFP.

(ok, I would be ok with us in the Cotton Bowl if you made the CFP)

Congrats on a great season.

Classy post
12-02-2016 11:04 PM
CincyKid3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Miami
That's the hard thing about this...I'ma MAC fan first, but I love the Service academies and always root for them....what really stinks about this is that eitehr Navy or WMU will get a really lousy bowl match-up (I mean really, 5-7 N. Texas State??). Why in the world couldn't ESPN do better than that?
12-02-2016 11:11 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Hopefully they can work out a good bowl for whomever doesn't make the Cotton Bowl.
12-02-2016 11:15 PM
CincyKid3 Offline
Water Engineer

It's supposedly already worked out....a HOD bowl game vs. 5-7 N. Texas State. How's that for a screw job?
12-02-2016 11:16 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
If we make the Cotton Bowl I'll be ecstatic. But if we don't, we don't. I'll root for Navy if it's them. Just happy right now with a MAC championship. 04-cheers
12-02-2016 11:17 PM
Advertisement

CincyKid3 Offline
Water Engineer

Classy post, Motown, but having seen your posts over the years, I'm not surprised. As a MAC fan wanting so badly for WMU to get the Cotton Bowl slot, it was really hard to watch a game like that when deep down you know that WMU probably should've won the game more convincingly, and really needed to......the travesty of the whole thing is that the loser in the "Cotton Bowl sweepstakes" gets such a lousy runner up prize in the form of a rotten bowl match up with N. Texas State......if that happens to WMU, even if they win it'll be hollow.
12-02-2016 11:21 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
(12-02-2016 11:11 PM)CincyKid3 Wrote:  That's the hard thing about this...I'ma MAC fan first, but I love the Service academies and always root for them....what really stinks about this is that eitehr Navy or WMU will get a really lousy bowl match-up (I mean really, 5-7 N. Texas State??). Why in the world couldn't ESPN do better than that?

Well, Navy is supposed to have a B12 team ... but your point is probably still valid. 04-cheers
12-02-2016 11:48 PM
rsswmu Offline
1st String

I Root For: wmu
(12-02-2016 11:48 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:11 PM)CincyKid3 Wrote:  That's the hard thing about this...I'ma MAC fan first, but I love the Service academies and always root for them....what really stinks about this is that eitehr Navy or WMU will get a really lousy bowl match-up (I mean really, 5-7 N. Texas State??). Why in the world couldn't ESPN do better than that?

Well, Navy is supposed to have a B12 team ... but your point is probably still valid. 04-cheers

No if navy gets the Cotten bowl we get a bowl game against 5-7 north texas.
12-03-2016 12:04 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(12-03-2016 12:04 AM)rsswmu Wrote:  

Congrats
12-03-2016 12:08 AM
rsswmu Offline
1st String

I Root For: wmu
(12-03-2016 12:08 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

Congrats

All your teams stink congrats. My team is 13-0.
12-03-2016 12:16 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(12-02-2016 11:21 PM)CincyKid3 Wrote:  Classy post, Motown, but having seen your posts over the years, I'm not surprised. As a MAC fan wanting so badly for WMU to get the Cotton Bowl slot, it was really hard to watch a game like that when deep down you know that WMU probably should've won the game more convincingly, and really needed to......the travesty of the whole thing is that the loser in the "Cotton Bowl sweepstakes" gets such a lousy runner up prize in the form of a rotten bowl match up with N. Texas State......if that happens to WMU, even if they win it'll be hollow.

That's what would irritate me the most. I can handle getting bypassed for the Cotton Bowl if we had an attractive "consolation prize."

No offense to NT fans, but a Top 20 ranked conference champion getting paired up with a 5-7 CUSA team is flat-out insulting (it's not the school, really, it's the record). I hope our athletic department does anything they can to avoid that. I'll take any of our regular MAC bowls over that.

I'm thrilled we won tonight. When Ohio had the momentum and we went into 'prevent defense' with 2 minutes left, I thought we were done for. So to walk away with the hardware is gratifying. Let's be honest though, the squeaker victory likely means no Cotton. Unless Temple wins.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 01:13 AM by Motown Bronco.)
12-03-2016 01:12 AM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(12-03-2016 01:12 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 11:21 PM)CincyKid3 Wrote:  Classy post, Motown, but having seen your posts over the years, I'm not surprised. As a MAC fan wanting so badly for WMU to get the Cotton Bowl slot, it was really hard to watch a game like that when deep down you know that WMU probably should've won the game more convincingly, and really needed to......the travesty of the whole thing is that the loser in the "Cotton Bowl sweepstakes" gets such a lousy runner up prize in the form of a rotten bowl match up with N. Texas State......if that happens to WMU, even if they win it'll be hollow.

That's what would irritate me the most. I can handle getting bypassed for the Cotton Bowl if we had an attractive "consolation prize."

No offense to NT fans, but a Top 20 ranked conference champion getting paired up with a 5-7 CUSA team is flat-out insulting (it's not the school, really, it's the record). I hope our athletic department does anything they can to avoid that. I'll take any of our regular MAC bowls over that.

I'm thrilled we won tonight. When Ohio had the momentum and we went into 'prevent defense' with 2 minutes left, I thought we were done for. So to walk away with the hardware is gratifying. Let's be honest though, the squeaker victory likely means no Cotton. Unless Temple wins.

If the committee denies WMU, that's three slaps to the face; WMU, Ohio and the MAC.

That (Ohio) was the No. 1 defense in the league if I am correct, certainly the No. 1 run defense. Show some respect.

Solich is no 'on-the-job-training coach ... the committee should (hopefully) recognize what the Bobcats did is what one expects any underdog to do when it is well coached ... step up to the occasion.

MAC football may have a sub-par bottom half, but so did the AAC. The top of the food chain is solid.

The pressure was on the young HC and his team to deliver. In the end, they did.

Let's hope common sense prevails.
12-03-2016 01:28 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(12-03-2016 12:16 AM)rsswmu Wrote:  

Congrats

All your teams stink congrats. My team is 13-0.

Temple is pi### ing in he wind at this point.
12-03-2016 04:05 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2016 01:12 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

You will get your Cotton.

The best team on the field won the game. Ohio hung tough but that is to juice up the ratings as an epic MAC Championship I think it adds value.
12-03-2016 04:10 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

Congrats

You need to put your **** between your legs because TU or the feministas of Navy have no chance.
12-03-2016 04:13 AM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

Ohio was the #2 team in the MAC.

WMU deserves at a minimum a playoff shot. If they had lost it would be a game against a top 20 Boise State or something.
12-03-2016 04:20 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(12-02-2016 11:15 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  Hopefully they can work out a good bowl for whomever doesn't make the Cotton Bowl.

Guys, guys, guys... you fret too much.

Navy has a very good bowl game that they are going to unless they get the Cotton Bowl (or as I posted somewhere: they are going to the greater Dallas area, regardless of whether they win, lose, or draw today):

http://www.armedforcesbowl.com/

And, if, big IF, Navy goes to the Cotton Bowl, MAC has 6 bowl eligibles and 5 commits so they can shop a team, WMU, to say the Armed Forces Bowl or Las Vegas Bowl (both will have openings).

Armed Forces is vs. B12. Las Vegas would be to take the Pac12's spot vs. the MWC champ.

Either would be a decent consolation prize.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 05:45 AM by emu steve.)
12-03-2016 05:42 AM
Tigersmoke3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(12-02-2016 11:16 PM)CincyKid3 Wrote:  It's supposedly already worked out....a HOD bowl game vs. 5-7 N. Texas State. How's that for a screw job?

Yea that's a bad deal. I think the espn could've worked a deal for the other team to have gotten either the Las Vegas Bowl against Boise (which would be great), or to take the pac12 spot in the Cactus bowl. Both happen to need slots filled. The HOD is totally disrespectful to both teams accomplishments 04-cheers
12-03-2016 11:37 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:And, if, big IF, Navy goes to the Cotton Bowl, MAC has 6 bowl eligibles and 5 commits so they can shop a team, WMU, to say the Armed Forces Bowl or Las Vegas Bowl (both will have openings).

The problem is, by contract, the MAC Winner goes to the Dollar General bowl - lol.

It's kind of like either going to a Tuxedo fancy dinner, or, going thru a Hot N Now drive thru. No in-between! :)
12-03-2016 01:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.