IU fired Kevin Wilson
12-01-2016 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
RE: IU fired Kevin Wilson
Something had to have happened off the field, like an argument with AD. 6-6 and back to back bowls are way beyond expectations for IU football.
12-01-2016 03:57 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-01-2016 03:57 PM)dbacard Wrote:  Something had to have happened off the field, like an argument with AD. 6-6 and back to back bowls are way beyond expectations for IU football.

There's speculation out there on twitter that several of the players are claiming some sort of mistreatment. Shades of Tim Beckman at Illinois.
12-01-2016 03:58 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(12-01-2016 03:58 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  There's speculation out there on twitter that several of the players are claiming some sort of mistreatment. Shades of Tim Beckman at Illinois.

But the AD only just figured that now, at the end of year six???? Riiiiiiight.

I'm thinking they're worried Purdue is going to snag a top prospect that could instead help IU. Perhaps a certain MAC coach? ...
12-01-2016 04:03 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Gabe Ikard ‏@GabeIkard 13m13 minutes ago
Kevin Wilson once ripped my buckled helmet off my head, spit on my jersey, & punched me in chest during practice.

But the guy could coach.
12-01-2016 04:13 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(12-01-2016 04:13 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Gabe Ikard ‏@GabeIkard 13m13 minutes ago
Kevin Wilson once ripped my buckled helmet off my head, spit on my jersey, & punched me in chest during practice.

But the guy could coach.

You think we can get a few guys together to tell Mike Bohn that Tommy Tuberville does this all the time?
12-01-2016 04:17 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(12-01-2016 04:03 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 03:58 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  There's speculation out there on twitter that several of the players are claiming some sort of mistreatment. Shades of Tim Beckman at Illinois.

I'm thinking they're worried Purdue is going to snag a top prospect that could instead help IU. Perhaps a certain MAC coach? ...

If they're able to land Fleck, then their AD is a genius for pulling it off. You preemptively negate the bad PR of Wilson mistreating players by firing him before the truth came out, you prevent Purdue from nabbing a great young coach who could very easily push IU back to obscurity, and then of course someone like Fleck in Bloomington could take them up a notch from .500 and a minor bowl every year.

At the same time, it's incredibly risky, and not getting him might mean they end up with a coach like Darrell Hazell who took an average Purdue team to the basement. I bet their sales pitch to Fleck is that he gets to stay in the midwest but doesn't have to rebuild for two years like he would in West Lafayette, and since IU doesn't have much of a history in football (unlike Purdue, in spite of their recent decline) he'll never have to worry about his job if he can get them to a bowl every season. Plus since IU has a relatively low ceiling as a program with being a basketball school and all, he still has the chance to move up to a better program eventually with how young he is.
12-01-2016 04:28 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-01-2016 04:17 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 04:13 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Gabe Ikard ‏@GabeIkard 13m13 minutes ago

But the guy could coach.

You think we can get a few guys together to tell Mike Bohn that Tommy Tuberville does this all the time?
A Man can dream 03-cloud9
12-01-2016 04:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-01-2016 04:28 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 04:03 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  

If they're able to land Fleck, then their AD is a genius for pulling it off. You preemptively negate the bad PR of Wilson mistreating players by firing him before the truth came out, you prevent Purdue from nabbing a great young coach who could very easily push IU back to obscurity, and then of course someone like Fleck in Bloomington could take them up a notch from .500 and a minor bowl every year.

At the same time, it's incredibly risky, and not getting him might mean they end up with a coach like Darrell Hazell who took an average Purdue team to the basement. I bet their sales pitch to Fleck is that he gets to stay in the midwest but doesn't have to rebuild for two years like he would in West Lafayette, and since IU doesn't have much of a history in football (unlike Purdue, in spite of their recent decline) he'll never have to worry about his job if he can get them to a bowl every season. Plus since IU has a relatively low ceiling as a program with being a basketball school and all, he still has the chance to move up to a better program eventually with how young he is.

IU might take a look at Pitt OC Matt Canada. Former IU player and long time OC Pitt/NC State/Wisconsin/NIU. Mid 40's.
12-01-2016 05:01 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Greg Schiano....07-coffee3
12-01-2016 05:07 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Check the AD's fax machine. Better yet, check Mickey's inbox. You will find it in the AD's office.
12-01-2016 05:30 PM
Advertisement

HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Fleck would be a fool to go to Indiana or Purdue.
12-01-2016 05:46 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
(12-01-2016 05:46 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Fleck would be a fool to go to Indiana or Purdue.

You tell 'em, coach!

What man would want to get paid like Big Ten coaches do, anyway??
12-01-2016 06:04 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

Purdue boards are indicating Brohm to be announced on Monday.
12-01-2016 07:15 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-01-2016 07:15 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Purdue boards are indicating Brohm to be announced on Monday.

I am jealous, would have liked him to UC
12-02-2016 08:54 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2016 08:54 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 07:15 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Purdue boards are indicating Brohm to be announced on Monday.

I am jealous, would have liked him to UC

Just a hunch but I am guessing we get a current Ohio State assistant coach. The money guys want us to get back into recruiting the state of Ohio like we used to before Tubs got here and those guys have the ties with the high schools across the state.
12-02-2016 08:57 AM
Advertisement

Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
A guy who just got an 11 million dollar extension settles for 542K. Tells you something.
12-02-2016 09:04 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
One of these things are all of them could have happened:

1) Breaking NCAA rules.
2) Mistreating players.
3) Allowing academic fraud.
4) Insubordination
5) A sexual scandal
6) Shaving points
7) Banging boosters or administrators wives
8) Being involved in a PSU type abuse mess.
9) Got caught interviewing on IU's time.
10) Or a bunch of the above
11) Or maybe the AD just hates his ass!
12-02-2016 09:49 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Well IU just hired DC Tom Allen as the new HC, not just an interim for the bowl. That instantly discredits my theory, oh well.
12-02-2016 10:40 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(12-02-2016 10:40 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Well IU just hired DC Tom Allen as the new HC, not just an interim for the bowl. That instantly discredits my theory, oh well.

Did they even interview a minority? Sounds like not only physical abuse going on at IU but also social abuse.
12-02-2016 11:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.