Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High bar for our Wide Receivers
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Over the last 4 years we were blessed to have two NFL worthy talents in Da'Ron Brown and Kenny Golladay. If the elbow injury doesn't linger Kenny G is likely a First Round Draft Pick. There's no Receivers on the team this year that made a case for being the next hotshot in my opinion. Who can we expect to step up and out of the shadows of Kenny G ? Will there be more the one difference maker?
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 03:18 AM by BDB5yp.)
11-26-2016 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: High bar for our Wide Receivers
(11-26-2016 03:17 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Over the last 4 years we were blessed to have two NFL worthy talents in Da'Ron Brown and Kenny Golladay. If the elbow injury doesn't linger Kenny G is likely a First Round Draft Pick. There's no Receivers on the team this year that made a case for being the next hotshot in my opinion. Who can we expect to step up and out of the shadows of Kenny G ? Will there be more the one difference maker?

3 NFL talents...with TLL. Maybe even 4, I can see Duecee getting a shot.

Deposits some big drops in the WMU game, Blake showed he is a very good WR.

He'lol be our guy next year, looks like Tears on the other side. Beebe, Brown and Saffold from the slot.

We should be just fine, but certainly a dropoff since we have had an embarrassment riches not just over the last 4 years...you can take it back to Moore and Ashford who were also very good receivers.

The bigger question is who the hell is going to throw them the ball?
11-26-2016 06:58 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Be stunned if KG a 1st rounder. He will have to fight to make a roster. We are hurting at WR.hoping the transfer from IOWA ST will be the guy. He looks good. Not sure we will have a big WR next year. The TE could see more attention. Some of those recruits look good.

Agree with 12 - need a passer. My gosh, it's scary what's coming back next year.
11-26-2016 07:59 AM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
(11-26-2016 03:17 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Over the last 4 years we were blessed to have two NFL worthy talents in Da'Ron Brown and Kenny Golladay. If the elbow injury doesn't linger Kenny G is likely a First Round Draft Pick. There's no Receivers on the team this year that made a case for being the next hotshot in my opinion. Who can we expect to step up and out of the shadows of Kenny G ? Will there be more the one difference maker?

That's not even close to true.
11-26-2016 08:14 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(11-26-2016 08:14 AM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

With his size and speed and ability to make plays , I put him at the same talent level of Corey Davis of WMU. If he played 4 years at NIU his Stat line would have been ridiculous. I think he's got a pretty good shot if he's not hurt.
11-26-2016 09:15 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(11-26-2016 09:15 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

With his size and speed and ability to make plays , I put him at the same talent level of Corey Davis of WMU. If he played 4 years at NIU his Stat line would have been ridiculous. I think he's got a pretty good shot if he's not hurt.

Love Kenny G, but Corey Davis is just better.
11-26-2016 09:20 AM
Advertisement

NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(11-26-2016 09:20 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  

They are both great WRs. However, Davis had a great QB throwing to him in Terrell for 4 years and a Kenny G has had what 5 or 6 different QBs in 2 years, 3 of which have been freshman playing in their first ever college games. Even after all that they had similar stats. Just for that alone, Kenny G has to get the edge. That's damn impressive...

Kid was catching passes from Santa, Graham, and Fiedler. Even Maddie hadn't really had much game action at all and he's a running QB not a passer. Hare was the best passing QB he had and even Drew probably wasn't as good as Terrell.

Kenny G will go down as one of my favorite Huskies. Kid was a beast and always kept his mouth shut and did his job. Was a true pleasure to watch, just wish we had him for all 4 years. I'll excited to see what he does at the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
11-26-2016 09:46 AM
Djud Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2016 09:46 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  

They are both great WRs. However, Davis had a great QB throwing to him in Terrell for 4 years and a Kenny G has had what 5 or 6 different QBs in 2 years, 3 of which have been freshman playing in their first ever college games. Even after all that they had similar stats. Just for that alone, Kenny G has to get the edge. That's damn impressive...

Kid was catching passes from Santa, Graham, and Fiedler. Even Maddie hadn't really had much game action at all and he's a running QB not a passer. Hare was the best passing QB he had and even Drew probably wasn't as good as Terrell.

Kenny G will go down as one of my favorite Huskies. Kid was a beast and always kept his mouth shut and did his job. Was a true pleasure to watch, just wish we had him for all 4 years. I'll excited to see what he does at the next level.

KG is a phenomenal athlete that I think may turn out to be the better pro than Davis. It will be a long time, if ever, NIU ever lands a player of his talent. No question Davis's college stats were positively impacted by his superior QB play. What is crazy is KG did not catch three very well thrown balls in the last 2 games; passes that he has been catching throughout his career; he makes those plays he breaks the record.
11-26-2016 12:33 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
A lot of the mock drafts said 6th round. A lot will do with his pro day. Could jump a lot if he shows well up at a high 5th round/low 4th.
11-26-2016 12:35 PM
NIUCOF'12 Offline
Bench Warmer

The NFL Draft Gurus took a while to Notice Jimmie Ward, same thing with Golladay, he is the only legit draft prospect on the team, I'm going to guess Mid round pick. 3-5, Hopefully he gets a Senior Bowl invite, I think he will.
11-27-2016 01:42 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(11-26-2016 09:46 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  

Oh so true on the inability to compare Golladay and Davis. It is truly scary to think the production KG would have put up with a serviceable QB. Davis is probably a better athlete with the measurables, but I think KG will be a better pro. Of course the injury situation will have a lot to say about that, thoughts are with KG. Such a great attitude he maintained during his time at NIU. We were so blessed to see him play.
11-27-2016 03:26 AM
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

If he runs 4.3 he will be a first round pick. The 40 is so important for a WR in the draft it's ridiculous. Golladay needs to spend a lot of time and effort to get his 40 time down as low as possible. From watching the games, he looks more like a 4.6 guy to me but speed coaches can probably get him down to 4.4 before the draft hopefully. Wonder if he will work with Don Beebr?
11-27-2016 05:43 AM
PrideinthePack2 Offline
Special Teams

Well here goes the yearly example of NIU fans overrating their players.

1st round for Kenny? No chance in hell.
11-27-2016 07:58 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

LOL guess Larry English and Jimmie Ward never had a chance as well.
11-27-2016 08:30 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Exactly, Ward and English both blew up at the senior bowl and combine. That's what put them in the 1st round. Hoping Kenny recovers in time so he has the chance to do the same
11-27-2016 08:32 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(11-27-2016 08:32 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  Exactly, Ward and English both blew up at the senior bowl and combine. That's what put them in the 1st round. Hoping Kenny recovers in time so he has the chance to do the same

Exactly. Ward wasn't even on anybodies radar until after the All Star game. Landed in the first round. San Francisco fans thought he would be a bust. Typical fans that don't understand how the NFL evaluates talent would say he has no shot.....
11-27-2016 09:01 AM
Advertisement

niu79 Offline
All American

KG would appear to be a possession receiver. He has the height, not sure about the speed. Would be nice if he were drafted, but even as a free agent he will get a shot to make an NFL roster.
11-27-2016 09:39 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2016 05:43 AM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  If he runs 4.3 he will be a first round pick. The 40 is so important for a WR in the draft it's ridiculous. Golladay needs to spend a lot of time and effort to get his 40 time down as low as possible. From watching the games, he looks more like a 4.6 guy to me but speed coaches can probably get him down to 4.4 before the draft hopefully. Wonder if he will work with Don Beebr?

4.6 seems about right. But at his size I think he just needs to get down to 4.5. Each tenth from there may move him up one round. I'm going to guess he runs a 4.52 and gets drafted in the 5th.
11-27-2016 11:13 AM
PrideinthePack2 Offline
Special Teams

(11-27-2016 08:30 AM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  LOL guess Larry English and Jimmie Ward never had a chance as well.

Using that logic ... he's going to be a 1st rounder because Ward and English were.

I'm not saying he can't be a first rounder because he goes to NIU. I'm saying he's not a 1st rounder because he's not good enough. Ward and English were.

But yeah keep hoping for that 4.3. :lmfao:
11-27-2016 04:15 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2016 11:13 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-27-2016 05:43 AM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  If he runs 4.3 he will be a first round pick. The 40 is so important for a WR in the draft it's ridiculous. Golladay needs to spend a lot of time and effort to get his 40 time down as low as possible. From watching the games, he looks more like a 4.6 guy to me but speed coaches can probably get him down to 4.4 before the draft hopefully. Wonder if he will work with Don Beebr?

4.6 seems about right. But at his size I think he just needs to get down to 4.5. Each tenth from there may move him up one round. I'm going to guess he runs a 4.52 and gets drafted in the 5th.

Da'Ron Brown is smaller, ran a 4.5 and his best year was 68 receptions for 1065 yards and 6. TDs. He got drafted in the 7th. KG beats him in all aspects. After his jury, I agree that 5th round sounds about right. If he heels quick and has a good performance in all star games and the combine (if invited) he could move up
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2016 04:27 PM by NIU32.)
11-27-2016 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.