Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This Is How F'd Up our TV is
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
This Is How F'd Up our TV is
Two defending conference champs...playing in a freaking holiday tournament - one who nearly beat Duke in last year's NCAA tournament and the other who beat Michigan State and no TV whatsoever.

Not even an Internet stream.

Not even one on C-USA's own platform/website.

Maybe it is time to go to the MAC or back to the Belt.

The level of bush leagueness this conference has become reminds me of the early/lean years in the Sun Belt.
11-25-2016 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: This Is How F'd Up our TV is
how is this a fault of CUSA? The tourney puts together media coverage
11-25-2016 02:09 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
Who owns the tourney? Didn't they work with ASN last year?
11-25-2016 04:51 PM
Heisman

(11-25-2016 02:09 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  how is this a fault of CUSA? The tourney puts together media coverage

That's a fair point, but I guess my beef is more with how the league is approaching the importance of this type of issue (or lack thereof).

Do you think for a second if an SEC team was in this tournament that they wouldn't at least show the games involving the SEC team on the ESPN/SEC Network regardless of even if the tournament didn't have its own TV agreement? Yet, this league won't lift a damn finger to show the it's own member's games on their cheap ass CUSATV website!

And FIU I really don't under why the hell ASN is sponsoring a tournament that they aren't even carrying. If someone can explain that to me please overcome my ignorance for me.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 05:11 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
11-25-2016 05:09 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(11-25-2016 02:04 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Two defending conference champs...playing in a freaking holiday tournament - one who nearly beat Duke in last year's NCAA tournament and the other who beat Michigan State and no TV whatsoever.

The level of bush leagueness this conference has become reminds me of the early/lean years in the Sun Belt.

Maybe no one cares about you...
11-25-2016 08:07 PM
Heisman

(11-25-2016 08:07 PM)wh49er Wrote:  
(11-25-2016 02:04 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Two defending conference champs...playing in a freaking holiday tournament - one who nearly beat Duke in last year's NCAA tournament and the other who beat Michigan State and no TV whatsoever.

Maybe no one cares about you...

That's beyond the point, but congrats on being a d-bag again.
11-25-2016 08:18 PM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
eh, we don't have it so great in the MAC... also your attendance dive bombs playing midweek MACtion games in the cold in November
11-30-2016 01:31 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Because you've got a bunch of pencil pushers sitting at a cubicle crunching numbers for some TV network and they don't see ANY CUSA team having enough "value" in terms of TV VIEWERS. That's why PERIOD.

Why doesn't CUSA stream these types of games? Because CUSA is poor.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016 02:30 PM by TTT.)
11-30-2016 02:29 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
This **** was solved on post #2. Neither MT nor CUSA owned the rights to broadcast these games.
11-30-2016 02:35 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(11-30-2016 02:35 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  This **** was solved on post #2. Neither MT nor CUSA owned the rights to broadcast these games.

No. there was no media coverage AT ALL - the tournament didn't even try to have any TV. Our best writer got permission instantly from tourney folks to Facebook Live stream the games
11-30-2016 02:40 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(11-30-2016 02:40 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  
(11-30-2016 02:35 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  This **** was solved on post #2. Neither MT nor CUSA owned the rights to broadcast these games.

No. there was no media coverage AT ALL - the tournament didn't even try to have any TV. Our best writer got permission instantly from tourney folks to Facebook Live stream the games

Then don't play in podunk basketball tournaments. If you go to tournaments or are the visiting team CUSA has no control over the broadcast
11-30-2016 02:55 PM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(11-30-2016 02:55 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

Then don't play in podunk basketball tournaments. If you go to tournaments or are the visiting team CUSA has no control over the broadcast

/thread
11-30-2016 03:53 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
I think some here are missing the underlying point to all of this...it's all about perceived value. CUSA doesn't have any perceived value. How do we change that? We win...consistently, especially against the "bigger" schools, send multiple teams dancing every year, have as much post-season success as we can with as many conf. members as we can.

Then everything will fall into place and we won't have to wonder why we can't view certain games anywhere...
11-30-2016 03:57 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY

We could possibly make some space for you... every Troy home game this season is featured on ESPN3... including gargantuan tilts against Alabama State and Alabama A&M. 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot
11-30-2016 04:21 PM
Heisman

Good chance that the three teams we played in that tournament will have better RPIs than two of the three ODU played in theirs.

But again that's not the point. There were no media rights for this tourney yet the league didn't do jack. As I said you can bet your arse that if Vandy would have been in it their games would have been on the SEC Network. Though CUSA didn't have control they still could have supported their member. We just have some very weak leadership right now.
11-30-2016 04:57 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(11-30-2016 04:57 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Good chance that the three teams we played in that tournament will have better RPIs than two of the three ODU played in theirs.

But again that's not the point. There were no media rights for this tourney yet the league didn't do jack. As I said you can bet your arse that if Vandy would have been in it their games would have been on the SEC Network. Though CUSA didn't have control they still could have supported their member. We just have some very weak leadership right now.

Maybe right and MT got some good wins for sure. SO CUSA could have put MT's games up on CUSATV with the tourney's blessing but who's going to produce it? And did MT's administration seek out any help?
11-30-2016 05:05 PM
Advertisement

monarx Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
If the point is CUSA is bush league, its hard to disagree. There are a lot of things it could do MUCH better. I expected this conference to be on par with the AAC/MWC/A10 in visibility, promotion, quality, money and success. None of that seems to be the case, and without equality in visibility, promotion, quality and financial resources the success will be hard to come by.
11-30-2016 05:11 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Much of the money is going to conference officials.

Doesn't Judy, Judy, Judy make about $700,000 ?
11-30-2016 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
If our conference wasn't near the bottom of the NCAA's standings, we wouldn't have to participate in a pay-to-play basketball tournament against other reasonably good RPI teams. Evansville, Toledo, UNCW... all good programs and all of a caliber we don't see frequently in most of our conference teams' OOC schedules much less wins against them. It is what it is. We are doing what we have to do in order to give ourselves the strongest chance of success this year. It's necessary when we have three sub-300 RPI teams and EIGHT (8) sub-200 teams with another close by at #195 (La Tech). Only three in the top 100 -- MT #22, Charlotte #86, and Marshall #94. And it probably won't get a heck of a lot better through the rest of OOC play unless we miraculously turn it around and stop losing to awful teams and have more than three teams win games against top 100 teams. Next year we play in the Diamond Head Classic and will be doing our part, AGAIN, to give ourselves and the conference a fighting shot at being at least respectable at NCAAs.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016 06:04 PM by Ole Blue.)
11-30-2016 06:03 PM
Heisman

(11-30-2016 05:05 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(11-30-2016 04:57 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Maybe right and MT got some good wins for sure. SO CUSA could have put MT's games up on CUSATV with the tourney's blessing but who's going to produce it? And did MT's administration seek out any help?

Good questions that I don't have the answer to; however, it should be the league working to help out the schools not the schools trying to figure out how to help out the league. We did enough of that in the Sun Belt. My expectation is we left those kind of issues behind but I now know that's not the case.

As Kajun pointed out - Judy's salary. It's not commensurate with the level of service the members are currently getting.
11-30-2016 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.