Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for WMU fans from a USC fan.
Bookmark and Share
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
Question for WMU fans from a USC fan.
I noticed that we have you guys on the schedule next year as our first game. Let me say congratulations on the season going undefeated is not easy not matter what conference you are in.

I would actually like to see my Trojans get a good test early in the year. Do you guys think you will return any key parts of this team? I just noticed that all these guys with huge numbers are juniors and seniors.
11-21-2016 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
RE: Question for WMU fans from a USC fan.
(11-21-2016 03:23 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I noticed that we have you guys on the schedule next year as our first game. Let me say congratulations on the season going undefeated is not easy not matter what conference you are in.

I would actually like to see my Trojans get a good test early in the year. Do you guys think you will return any key parts of this team? I just noticed that all these guys with huge numbers are juniors and seniors.

The two biggest losses on offense is our QB and #1 WR Zach Terrell and Corey Davis. We return our stable of running backs. We will have a few new faces starting on the offensive line, but we have depth there to.

On defense is relatively young, we are losing a couple of our best defenders but we should be okay.

I really haven't had a chance to look at what the roster is going to look like next season because I have been enjoying this season, one game at a time. I'm sure others know more than I do.
11-21-2016 03:28 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
I think it's a near certainty WMU will regress. But with the way Fleck has recruited, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10+ win season.
11-21-2016 03:50 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
The first game with a new QB could be a challenge but as others said our OL and RBs should be ready to roll. Matter of fact we have a couple banged up RBs right now so that might be an improvement.

Defensively we may well be better.

Doubtful we'll be as good at the beginning of the year, especially if we have a coaching change, but as the season goes on I would not be surprised if we're just as good as this year's team.
11-21-2016 03:58 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
As noted above -- our running game will be Good. Not just "MAC Good", but a GOOD TEST for, yes, USC when playing teams in the P12. Our QB slot -- depends who we have start. Our running back Flacco is a good running QB who could easily get injured as he's scrawny. But if he puts on some bulk and gets his passing game down (his older bro is an NFL QB) -- we may have something there. We also have another good QB recruit who will at least get playing time next year.

Our D should be at least a bit better, if not a good notch Up. But our passing game, our strongest suit, will take a bit hit. So overall, we won't be as challenging, no.

Now, this is all assuming PJ stays. :) However, if one of our Coordinators takes over for him, and keeps the "boat rowing" mentality alive & well, it may not make a big difference, for at least the 1st year (although, it could).
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016 05:58 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-21-2016 05:58 PM
Doo Offline
1st String

Replacing QB is always an unknown... but WMU still has the best roster in the MAC easily.
11-21-2016 06:43 PM
broncos1123 Offline
1st String

We have the top running game in the MAC and our #1 RB has been hurt since the beginning of conference play. Both our RBs, our #1 and #2, are back next season. We have the #4 rated OL in college football right now with a lot of depth. We have Joe Flaccos little brother as our backup QB, plus a stud freshman. We lose our top WR to the first round of the NFL draft, but have good quick young ones waiting in the wings. Our defense is young, we lose a couple of our best defensive players but the vast majority will be back. We have two shutouts this year and give up only 17 points a game.
11-21-2016 09:03 PM
Advertisement

broncos1123 Offline
1st String

You also might want to post this on the WMU boards, might get more answers.
11-21-2016 09:04 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-21-2016 09:04 PM)broncos1123 Wrote:  You also might want to post this on the WMU boards, might get more answers.

be warned the wmu boards are weird.

western will be a good run team next year but USC has one of the biggest meanest d lines in the land so that will be interesting.
11-22-2016 03:47 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Offense declines.
Defense improves.
11-22-2016 06:00 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

(11-22-2016 03:47 AM)pono Wrote:  
(11-21-2016 09:04 PM)broncos1123 Wrote:  You also might want to post this on the WMU boards, might get more answers.

be warned the wmu boards are weird.

western will be a good run team next year but USC has one of the biggest meanest d lines in the land so that will be interesting.

Thanks for the compliment.
11-22-2016 06:28 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:be warned the wmu boards are weird.

Weird? Heck no. We're the cleanest shavers this site's ever seen. We talk politely, sweetly, and never get into any legal troubles. :) *batting eyes*
11-22-2016 09:38 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2016 03:23 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I noticed that we have you guys on the schedule next year as our first game. Let me say congratulations on the season going undefeated is not easy not matter what conference you are in.

Thanks TC. Looking forward to making the trek to SoCal next Labor Day weekend.

As others have mentioned, our strength by far will be in the running game. The passing game will take a sizable step back, losing our QB and top three WRs. Defense should be a little tighter.

And, chances are likely we'll have a new head coach.
11-23-2016 07:59 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
Thanks and have a safe trip guys!
11-23-2016 02:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.