Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Give the Heisman to James Conner
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Give the Heisman to James Conner
Nobody has been truly separation worthy in the Heisman. For all of Lamar Jackson's flash he has just as much of a proclivity to spill the ball into the other team's hands.

So give it to James Conner. He kicked cancer's ass and then set ACC all-time records and helped Pitt to two of their biggest wins in decades.

Unlike the last several Heisman winners, this one would actually be making a statement.
11-20-2016 12:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: Give the Heisman to James Conner
I would have no problem with that.
11-20-2016 12:47 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
I agree with the Jackson thing, although he is one of the best players in college football.

Conner is a nice choice. Barkley at Penn State deserves some consideration, IMO.

Watching Zay Jones on the field at ECU, its always apparent he is the best player on the field. And he is about to set the single season receptions record after already breaking the career receptions record....in a pretty good conference. Didn't translate to wins, but that's not his fault...he doesn't play defense. And yes I know he is not going to win.

Westbrook at Oklahoma's stats...70 for 1354 (19 YPC), 15 TDS. Jones' are 139 for 1473, 6 TDS and one throwing TD. Jones is a slot receiver, so his TD's and YPC would be down, Jimmy Williams their outside guy has 7 TDS and avg's 18 YPC. I just think someone who avg's over 12 catches a game is something to consider.
11-20-2016 08:12 AM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I agree. Unfortunately, the Heisman has long been an award basically reserved for the best QB/RB on a top ten team, much like how many baseball voters only vote for MVPs on a playoff club. Even in light of his extraordinary comeback, Conner wouldn't sniff the award even if he were as dominant as Travis Prentice, it's just what happens when you play for 7-4 Pitt instead of someone like Alabama.
11-20-2016 10:01 AM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Conner has continued the proud tradition of Pitt running backs, from Davies, Hastings, Welch, Goldberg, the Dream Backfield, Dorsett and more.

#ConnerforHeisman

He, unlike Jackson and others, would embody the forgotten meaning of the Heisman.
11-20-2016 06:30 PM
rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
(11-20-2016 06:30 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Conner has continued the proud tradition of Pitt running backs, from Davies, Hastings, Welch, Goldberg, the Dream Backfield, Dorsett and more.

#ConnerforHeisman

He, unlike Jackson and others, would embody the forgotten meaning of the Heisman.

In what way do you think Jackson would not represent the Heisman well?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2016 06:57 PM by rednblackattack.)
11-20-2016 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.