Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Football players graduating or leaving early this year
ClemVegas Offline
Banned

I Root For: Clemson
i'm trying to get an idea of what the best teams in the ACC will be last year.

For Clemson, offense taking a big hit with Gallman, Watson, TE Legget, WR Mike Williams all leaving. I believe it is Boulware's last year.

looks like UNC is losing a lot on offense including the QB, their best WRs, and possibly both Hood and Logan. i can see unc being really bad next year.

I think Justin thomas at g tech is graduating.

Cook at FSU should be headed to NFL
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 12:16 PM by ClemVegas.)
11-19-2016 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Louisville is taking a hit on defense with DB JH Clemons, LB K Kelsey, LB D Fields & NT Brown all graduating. These are big loses to fill.

Key returners on defense will be CB J Alexander, DL Bailey (?), CB T Washington, S C Williams, LB S Thomas, DE D Richardson & DT GG Robinson. Several of them are now juniors but I would expect them to be back.

I would expect these newcomers to make an impact next season: LB Caban, S Smith, S PJ Blue, LB Greenard & S Pass.

JR CB Shaq Wiggins & JR LB Hearns may leave early as well. LB T Young was injured in the bowl game against A&M & missed this season. He is expected to return for his senior season.

Our key loses on offense are WR Staples, WR Quick, TE Hikutini, RB Radcliffe, C Hughley & OL Hunter. Minimal impact on offense.

Key returners on offense are QB L Jackson, WR Samuel, WR Dawkins, WR Bonnafon, WR Smith, RB Scott, RB Smith, OL Mahoni, OL Christian & WR Peete. Several are juniors but I expect them to return.

I would expect these newcomers to make an impact: QB J Pass, WR Yamanoha, WR Fitzpatrick & WR Spence.

Key recruits of whom could make an impact: WR Reed, WR Marshall, RB Wilson, LB Jones, OL Bentley, OL Poutasi, QB Cunningham & TE Averett.

Key to next season will be filling the holes on defense left by Kelsey, Brown, Clemons & Fields. If Hearns, Young & Wiggins return, that would be a great help. Key to the offense will again be the OL.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 02:00 PM by Lenvillecards.)
11-19-2016 01:54 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: ACC Football players graduating or leaving early this year
(11-19-2016 12:07 PM)ClemVegas Wrote:  i'm trying to get an idea of what the best teams in the ACC will be last year.

For Clemson, offense taking a big hit with Gallman, Watson, TE Legget, WR Mike Williams all leaving. I believe it is Boulware's last year.

looks like UNC is losing a lot on offense including the QB, their best WRs, and possibly both Hood and Logan. i can see unc being really bad next year.

I hadn't heard about Trubisky leaving UNC early. Has that announcement been made?
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 09:16 PM by ken d.)
11-19-2016 03:46 PM
samandrea Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(11-19-2016 03:46 PM)ken d Wrote:  
(11-19-2016 12:07 PM)ClemVegas Wrote:  i'm trying to get an idea of what the best teams in the ACC will be last year.

I hadn't heard about Trubisky leaving UNC early. Has that announcement been made?
Not yet, but the writing is on the wall

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
11-19-2016 09:40 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

I would be shocked if Trubisky comes back...most have him at worst Mid 1st Round.
11-19-2016 09:47 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2016 01:54 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Louisville is taking a hit on defense with DB JH Clemons, LB K Kelsey, LB D Fields & NT Brown all graduating. These are big loses to fill.

Key returners on defense will be CB J Alexander, DL Bailey (?), CB T Washington, S C Williams, LB S Thomas, DE D Richardson & DT GG Robinson. Several of them are now juniors but I would expect them to be back.

I would expect these newcomers to make an impact next season: LB Caban, S Smith, S PJ Blue, LB Greenard & S Pass.

JR CB Shaq Wiggins & JR LB Hearns may leave early as well. LB T Young was injured in the bowl game against A&M & missed this season. He is expected to return for his senior season.

Our key loses on offense are WR Staples, WR Quick, TE Hikutini, RB Radcliffe, C Hughley & OL Hunter. Minimal impact on offense.

Key returners on offense are QB L Jackson, WR Samuel, WR Dawkins, WR Bonnafon, WR Smith, RB Scott, RB Smith, OL Mahoni, OL Christian & WR Peete. Several are juniors but I expect them to return.

I would expect these newcomers to make an impact: QB J Pass, WR Yamanoha, WR Fitzpatrick & WR Spence.

Key recruits of whom could make an impact: WR Reed, WR Marshall, RB Wilson, LB Jones, OL Bentley, OL Poutasi, QB Cunningham & TE Averett.

Key to next season will be filling the holes on defense left by Kelsey, Brown, Clemons & Fields. If Hearns, Young & Wiggins return, that would be a great help. Key to the offense will again be the OL.

Robbie Bell very well could he a upgrade over Hughley at Center...also Yamanoha is a CB not a WR.
11-19-2016 09:50 PM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2016 09:50 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(11-19-2016 01:54 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Louisville is taking a hit on defense with DB JH Clemons, LB K Kelsey, LB D Fields & NT Brown all graduating. These are big loses to fill.

Robbie Bell very well could he a upgrade over Hughley at Center...also Yamanoha is a CB not a WR.

I can see Bell being an upgrade. Yamanoha came in as a 4* WR but given the depth I can see him switching to CB. However he is listed as a WR still on the roster.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 10:55 PM by Lenvillecards.)
11-19-2016 10:51 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

He switched last Summer to CB...here is the link ...you also left off Jordan Davis the 4* TE that transferred from Texas A&M who is sitting out this year.

In addition to having nearly 1,500 receiving yards last season, Taylor-Yamanoha was also a successful cornerback at Rancho Cotate High School, where he made 31 tackles and seven interceptions in 2015.

"Every time we talk about a recruit, we talk about position flexibility," Petrino said. "Can this guy play more than one position? Both of those guys are going to be good defensive football players. They've both shown the talent that you need. We'll see how it goes in the fall, but depth-wise and ability-wise, they'll both be good players for us."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../87440280/
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2016 09:50 AM by Maize.)
11-20-2016 09:31 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2016 09:31 AM)Maize Wrote:  He switched last Summer to CB...here is the link ...you also left off Jordan Davis the 4* TE that transferred from Texas A&M who is sitting out this year.

In addition to having nearly 1,500 receiving yards last season, Taylor-Yamanoha was also a successful cornerback at Rancho Cotate High School, where he made 31 tackles and seven interceptions in 2015.

"Every time we talk about a recruit, we talk about position flexibility," Petrino said. "Can this guy play more than one position? Both of those guys are going to be good defensive football players. They've both shown the talent that you need. We'll see how it goes in the fall, but depth-wise and ability-wise, they'll both be good players for us."

Thanks for the corrections, it's hard to keep up with everyone.
11-20-2016 11:31 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2016 11:31 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(11-20-2016 09:31 AM)Maize Wrote:  He switched last Summer to CB...here is the link ...you also left off Jordan Davis the 4* TE that transferred from Texas A&M who is sitting out this year.

No problem...just remembered his recruitment and most felt his best position in college was CB...That is what Washington recruited him for as well...Former 4*...and I like the fact he is a 6-1/6-2 CB...
11-20-2016 01:22 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2016 01:22 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(11-20-2016 11:31 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

No problem...just remembered his recruitment and most felt his best position in college was CB...That is what Washington recruited him for as well...Former 4*...and I like the fact he is a 6-1/6-2 CB...

Love them big CB with speed & hands.
11-20-2016 02:57 PM
Advertisement

ClemVegas Offline
Banned

I Root For: Clemson
Watson said last night there is a possiblity he might come back b/c he loves Clemson football.
11-20-2016 04:05 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2016 04:05 PM)ClemVegas Wrote:  Watson said last night there is a possiblity he might come back b/c he loves Clemson football.

I be surprised...it is a rough game...if Jackson is in his position next year I would throw him out of Louisville...the human body can take only so much in this sport...look at Teddy Bridgewater...he might not even play again but at least he has his contract guaranteed to go with his degree.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2016 05:03 PM by Maize.)
11-20-2016 05:02 PM
H.U.S.T.L.E. Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: VT / JMU
VT will be losing a decent amount on both sides of the ball after this season. I think it's one of the reasons we've had decent success in Fuente's first year, since he's had a bunch of older guys to lean on through the offensive transition.

So on offense, we've got two O-linemen and Sam Rogers graduating. Rogers leaving will be a big hole, as he's the vocal leader of this team, so it will be important for someone to step up and fill that void next year. Where we might take a big hit is if some underclassmen decide to declare early. Wyatt Teller might leave early, and he's considered by most experts to be our best o-lineman. I'd be shocked if Isaiah Ford comes back, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky Hodges left as well. The only reason Hodges might stay is to improve even more as a receiver, and stake his claim in the draft as a WR instead of a TE.

On defense, we'll lose DE Ken Ekanem, plus DTs Woody Baron and Nigel Williams on to graduation. All starters, so that will be big. The positive is that the young guys behind them have played significant snaps because of injuries to Ekanem and Williams this year. In the secondary, Chuck Clark is the only senior. I was actually surprised to see that, and that should bode well for next year as the younger guys have seen a lot of snaps the past couple years.
11-21-2016 08:43 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2016 09:47 PM)Maize Wrote:  

I would be shocked if Trubisky comes back...most have him at worst Mid 1st Round.

1 great reason for Trubisky to come back, Cleveland Browns!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns...nfl-draft/
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016 09:34 AM by Lenvillecards.)
11-21-2016 09:34 AM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
Cook will be gone from FSU, and Demarcus Walker. Those are the most dramatic pieces lost.

Starting corner Marquez White as well, who will be a loss, but if everyone comes back healthy our defensive backfield is pretty deep.

Will probably also lose the best offensive lineman, Rod Johnson. Could lose one or both our inside D-linemen, and starting LB Matthew Thomas.

Depending on who decides to go, our losses will be either significant but fairly typical, or pretty substantial.
11-21-2016 10:40 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2016 09:34 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(11-19-2016 09:47 PM)Maize Wrote:  

1 great reason for Trubisky to come back, Cleveland Browns!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns...nfl-draft/

Well he will be heading to Cleveland regardless...unless you want Lamar Jackson to go their in 2018....05-nono
11-21-2016 10:47 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Duke QB Sirk has been granted a 6th year for 2017 by the NCAA.
11-21-2016 01:31 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Louisville RB LJ Scott will transfer.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../95586036/

Scott, a third-year junior, played in only four games this season while being slowed by injuries, including a nagging hamstring injury. He had three carries for 21 yards and four catches for 41 yards and a touchdown.
Scott, of Marion, Ohio, was considered one of Louisville's best blocking running backs and best receivers out of the backfield, and 2016 looked like it could have been one for him to have a bigger role than ever. But with the injuries contributing, he spent much of year out of uniform or as a little-used backup to Brandon Radcliff and Jeremy Smith. He previously has doubled as a fullback at U of L, but senior Lamar Atkins held that role for the Cardinals this season.
Without Scott and Radcliff, who is a senior this year, U of L next season will return Jeremy Smith and current backups Malik Williams, Trey Smith and Dae Williams, who is redshirting in 2016. The Cards also have a recruiting commitment from four-star Florida running back Colin Wilson.

During a lengthy post on Instagram, Scott expressed gratitude for having had the chance to play at U of L.
"Three Years Ago God Placed Me Here, The University Of Louisville, To Fulfill A Purpose," Scott wrote. "To Not Only Touch Lives But To Open My Heart And Allow Mine To Be Touched As Well. To Not Be Good But To Be Great In All Aspects Of Life. And Most Importantly To Not Be Successful But To Be Significant. My Time Here Can't Be Measured In Any Stat, Or Any Accolade. But Rather In The Smiles, Laughs, And Tears Shared With People God Has Blessed Me To Run Into. The Lessons Learned Here Have Made Me The Man, Friend, Partner, Son, Brother, And Child Of God I Am Today. I Can't Thank Everyone Who Made My Time What It Was Here Enough! Three Years Of Memories I'll Recall For A Lifetime. This Is Bittersweet, But God Is Calling Me To Fulfill Another Purpose Elsewhere."
He added that he and his family are "humbled and honored to have called ourselves Cardinals. Farewell."
12-19-2016 04:22 PM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
(11-21-2016 01:31 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Duke QB Sirk has been granted a 6th year for 2017 by the NCAA.

He'll be backing up Jones, right?

Not that it's not still significant to have that option to fall back on.
12-19-2016 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.