Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Middle Tennessee @ Charlotte
Bookmark and Share
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
Middle Tennessee @ Charlotte
Senior day at Charlotte sending off 19 of our first class players. This is a chance for Charlotte to keep our bowl hopes live, first FBS home win, and revenge for last year's blow out in Murfreesboro. MT (I think that is your preferred name) is already bowl eligible and is having a good season so far with some of the best wins in CUSA. I hope Charlotte can come out win a ton of energy and get off to a strong start but I fear MT's size and talent will prove to be too much for the 49ers in the end. MT is a -4 favorite.
11-18-2016 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NanoDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: LaTech
RE: Middle Tennessee @ Charlotte
(11-18-2016 03:13 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  Senior day at Charlotte sending off 19 of our first class players. This is a chance for Charlotte to keep our bowl hopes live, first FBS home win, and revenge for last year's blow out in Murfreesboro. MT (I think that is your preferred name) is already bowl eligible and is having a good season so far with some of the best wins in CUSA. I hope Charlotte can come out win a ton of energy and get off to a strong start but I fear MT's size and talent will prove to be too much for the 49ers in the end. MT is a -4 favorite.

I hope you win this game so your game against UTSA will mean a lot lot more for both teams. You win this game and CUSA is guaranteed with another bowl team.
11-18-2016 04:28 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Online
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Yeah cause that's exactly what this league needs. A bunch of 6-6 teams getting blown out in bowl games. That will do wonders for our rep.
11-18-2016 09:09 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(11-18-2016 09:09 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Yeah cause that's exactly what this league needs. A bunch of 6-6 teams getting blown out in bowl games. That will do wonders for our rep.

Better than no rep at all, sitting at home.
11-18-2016 09:20 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(11-18-2016 09:20 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  
(11-18-2016 09:09 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Yeah cause that's exactly what this league needs. A bunch of 6-6 teams getting blown out in bowl games. That will do wonders for our rep.

I'd rather us have more teams in bowls than more teams 4-8 and 5-7... but eventually you gotta win those games.
11-18-2016 09:25 PM
Heisman

Not sure I agree. When you go 0-4 or 1-3 in non-conference and your one win is against a I-AA then you missed your chance. I'm not sure going to a no name bowl (especially if you get rolled) in that scenario is "repping".
11-18-2016 09:31 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-18-2016 03:13 PM)jaminniner Wrote:  Senior day at Charlotte sending off 19 of our first class players. This is a chance for Charlotte to keep our bowl hopes live, first FBS home win, and revenge for last year's blow out in Murfreesboro. MT (I think that is your preferred name) is already bowl eligible and is having a good season so far with some of the best wins in CUSA. I hope Charlotte can come out win a ton of energy and get off to a strong start but I fear MT's size and talent will prove to be too much for the 49ers in the end. MT is a -4 favorite.

They much prefer the nickname "Empty Sue".

Trust us.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2016 09:38 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
11-18-2016 09:36 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

(11-18-2016 09:31 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Not sure I agree. When you go 0-4 or 1-3 in non-conference and your one win is against a I-AA then you missed your chance. I'm not sure going to a no name bowl (especially if you get rolled) in that scenario is "repping".

Well we can't not fill the bowl slots. Thats bad rep for the conference as well.
11-18-2016 09:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(11-18-2016 09:36 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

They much prefer the nickname "Empty Sue".

Trust us.

True. The longer you ODU folk are empty-handed in the wins category the better.
11-18-2016 09:39 PM
Dowless Offline
Special Teams

(11-18-2016 09:31 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

First we weren't good enough to be in the conference. Now we are not good enough for a bowl. Keep raising the bar and we will keep going over it.
11-18-2016 10:12 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

Because MT is on top of the football world right now.
11-18-2016 10:19 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(11-18-2016 10:19 PM)wh49er Wrote:  

Because MT is on top of the football world right now.

What does that have to do with my point? And further I never said that we were.

But if we lose tomorrow then you can go ahead and ink us at 6-6 in an utter disaster of a season further making my point for me.
11-18-2016 10:30 PM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
Hey, Charlotte is a fine team. Heck, they are the best rushing team in the conference. I think they will run all over us and will be facing UTSA for a bowl. UTSA will probably bowl regardless but Charlotte has everything in the world to play for and it will be senior night. They will leave everything on the field.

We should have 6 this year. Either UTSA or Charlotte and either UNT or USM.

We need to pull our heads out of our rears and be ready to step up because Charlotte will be ready no doubt.
11-18-2016 11:33 PM
techdawg28 Offline
1st String

Can't win bowl games we don't play in.

C-USA has done pretty well in bowls the past couple of years (7-3 last 2 seasons) so if we can just get some teams in them we can bring home some hardware. Either Tech or WKU would have a good shot at pretty much any bowl game. Whoever goes to the New Orleans Bowl will probably win because Arkansas State doesn't win non-conference games (1-9 over this season and last). If MTSU gets a later bowl game and Stockstill is back in they'll win. UTSA/UNT have both had good weeks and bad weeks. If they play to their potential in a bowl game, victory is possible.

But no matter what happens, we'll have one team (potentially two) going to their first bowl game ever. That's still an accomplishment for these young programs that will help tremendously in recruiting. Better recruiting, better teams going forward.
11-19-2016 01:24 AM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I don't think we'll lay down today so as not to embarrass CUSA if we make a bowl. We beat a team that trounced you 42-17 last week. Our program is only four years old and we have an excuse, what's yours? Maybe if you're so concerned about CUSA's bowl winning percentage you should decline your invitation.

Looking forward to 2:00, should be a perfect day for a football game and hope we have it in us to keep our bowl hopes alive.
11-19-2016 07:17 AM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

6-6 and going to a bowl game is never an embarrassment. Anyone who says that is silly. It's hard to win so if you get there, it's always earned. Even if you beat us, you still have to go to UTSA and they are tough at home.

Our excuse is that we lost the best QB we've ever had for the season. He was the heart of this team so yeah, we're in a freefall. Merry Christmas. It's your only shot. It will be a close game mainly because of that one reason. I'm not confident at all but we'll see. Again, Charlotte will play like their lives depended on it.

We will have at least 2 teams that have never been to a bowl before. ODU and UTSA/Charlotte
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 09:06 AM by BlueraiderJT.)
11-19-2016 09:03 AM
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(11-19-2016 09:03 AM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  6-6 and going to a bowl game is never an embarrassment. Anyone who says that is silly. It's hard to win so if you get there, it's always earned. Even if you beat us, you still have to go to UTSA and they are tough at home.

Our excuse is that we lost the best QB we've ever had for the season. He was the heart of this team so yeah, we're in a freefall. Merry Christmas. It's your only shot. It will be a close game mainly because of that one reason. I'm not confident at all but we'll see. Again, Charlotte will play like their lives depended on it.

We will have at least 2 teams that have never been to a bowl before. ODU and UTSA/Charlotte

With all the 5-7 teams heading to bowls, 6-6 is the new 7-5.
11-19-2016 09:19 AM
Tintin Offline
1st String

(11-18-2016 11:33 PM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  Hey, Charlotte is a fine team. Heck, they are the best rushing team in the conference. I think they will run all over us and will be facing UTSA for a bowl. UTSA will probably bowl regardless but Charlotte has everything in the world to play for and it will be senior night. They will leave everything on the field.

We should have 6 this year. Either UTSA or Charlotte and either UNT or USM.

We need to pull our heads out of our rears and be ready to step up because Charlotte will be ready no doubt.

Not today. We're down three offensive lineman. Nate Davis was injured last week against Rice when we were up 21-3. After that our offense came to a complete stop.
We will be starting two lineman today who are suspect.
PHillips and Washington will have to run today on their own as the blocking from the line will not be up to par.
KLugh will also have to hit a,pass or two to keep the Raiders from stacking the box (which is what I would do).

I predict a game similar to most of ours. Charlotte will hang for a bit but the defense collapses as the game goes on because the offense can't stay on the field.
11-19-2016 09:44 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Well you have no chance at winning a bowl game...

unless you play in one

So for that reason I hope Charlotte pulls this one out and their last game of the season will put a CUSA in a bowl. Win or lose it's great experience for the team and fans making their first bowl game.
11-19-2016 10:21 AM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

Well, the way we give up yards right now, you guys will run all over us. I wished we stacked the box. We don't. In fact, we drop our LB's back 5-6 yards and then expect them to close the gaps or tackle once the runner has momentum. It boggles my mind how we scheme defensively. Makes no sense whatsoever.

They key for us will be to force Charlotte into 3rd and long situations. It's a our only shot of keeping them out of the endzone.
11-19-2016 10:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.