Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Heart of Dallas Bowl
Bookmark and Share
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Heart of Dallas Bowl
I saw one bowl prediction (I think on CBS) that had Army vs. Western Kentucky in the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium.

I want this game more anything else right now. I live in Pennsylvania, but if need be, I will hitchhike out to Dallas. I have to see this bowl game and the Cotton Bowl.

If my family can bring our RV, we will tailgate in style and any Hilltoppers fans can stop by.

I hope this happens. Other predictions have us in the Cure Bowl (South Alabama, yuck) and Birmingham (Kentucky, nah).
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 06:33 PM by HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine.)
11-17-2016 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Heart of Dallas Bowl
(11-17-2016 03:12 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  I saw one bowl prediction (I think on CBS) that had Army vs. Western Kentucky in the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium.

I want this game more anything else right now. I live in Pennsylvania, but if need be, I will hitchhike out to Dallas. I have to see this bowl game and the Cotton Bowl.

If my family can bring our RV, we will tailgate in style and any Hilltoppers fans can stop by.

I hope this happens. Other predictions have us in the Cure Bowl (South America, yuck) and Birmingham (Kentucky, nah).

Wow, I know Trump is president and all but are we calling Orlando "South America" now?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 03:19 PM by mturn017.)
11-17-2016 03:19 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
So... you just want HOD bowl.
11-17-2016 03:22 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

He seems all excited about seeing the Cotton Bowl. I hope he understands we are talking the actual, old Cotton Bowl in east Dallas -- not AT&T Stadium where the Cowboys play and where the Cotton Bowl Game is now played. If that is what he is thinking, he is in for a rude surprise.
11-17-2016 03:29 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
(11-17-2016 03:29 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  He seems all excited about seeing the Cotton Bowl. I hope he understands we are talking the actual, old Cotton Bowl in east Dallas -- not AT&T Stadium where the Cowboys play and where the Cotton Bowl Game is now played. If that is what he is thinking, he is in for a rude surprise.

It's interesting if you approach it right. Like visiting a Roman coliseum. Just don't expect a modern experience.
11-17-2016 03:36 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
pretty sure i read that army wasn't going to count any of their fcs wins this year and thus won't be going to a bowl game
11-17-2016 03:44 PM
Advertisement

Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2016 03:29 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  He seems all excited about seeing the Cotton Bowl. I hope he understands we are talking the actual, old Cotton Bowl in east Dallas -- not AT&T Stadium where the Cowboys play and where the Cotton Bowl Game is now played. If that is what he is thinking, he is in for a rude surprise.

A lot of history in that stadium. Definitely a place I would think everyone would want to see a game in once.
11-17-2016 04:45 PM
techdawg28 Offline
1st String

(11-17-2016 03:12 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  I saw one bowl prediction (I think on CBS) that had Army vs. Western Kentucky in the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium.

I hope this happens. Other predictions have us in the Cure Bowl (South America, yuck) and Birmingham (Kentucky, nah).

I understand you want to play in the Cotton Bowl, but respectfully, I hope you also understand none of us want this game to happen. Nothing against Army, I have nothing but respect for all the service academies (esp Air Force 03-razz), but we want to see a C-USA team play (and hopefully beat) a Power 5 team.

As far as travelling to DFW, I don't know the rules or tie-ins of the Armed Forces Bowl off the top of my head, but that's next door in Fort Worth at Amon G. Carter (TCU's stadium). Went there last year to see Air Force. They had a pretty good game environment there (had to park at a McDonald's and walk tho lol). It's not the Cotton Bowl, but it's a newer stadium in the same metro area.
11-17-2016 05:13 PM

(11-17-2016 03:19 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

Wow, I know Trump is president and all but are we calling Orlando "South America" now?

Nope.

Honest mistake.
11-17-2016 06:32 PM

(11-17-2016 03:44 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  pretty sure i read that army wasn't going to count any of their fcs wins this year and thus won't be going to a bowl game

Where?

Either by 6-6 or APR, Army will go to a bowl. The predictions have us in one.
11-17-2016 06:36 PM

I am. I wish to see the place where Doak Walker played.

I like ancient stadiums.
11-17-2016 06:38 PM
Advertisement

(11-17-2016 05:13 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  

I understand you want to play in the Cotton Bowl, but respectfully, I hope you also understand none of us want this game to happen. Nothing against Army, I have nothing but respect for all the service academies (esp Air Force 03-razz), but we want to see a C-USA team play (and hopefully beat) a Power 5 team.

As far as travelling to DFW, I don't know the rules or tie-ins of the Armed Forces Bowl off the top of my head, but that's next door in Fort Worth at Amon G. Carter (TCU's stadium). Went there last year to see Air Force. They had a pretty good game environment there (had to park at a McDonald's and walk tho lol). It's not the Cotton Bowl, but it's a newer stadium in the same metro area.

Well, Army is considered a Power 5 team. 04-cheers

No, I understand your sentiment. I wish to see that as well but not for this bowl game. I am choosing to be selfish.
11-17-2016 06:40 PM
wkuengineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU

I hope this happens. Other predictions have us in the Cure Bowl (South Alabama, yuck) and Birmingham (Kentucky, nah).

I am amazed an Army fan would want anything to do with WKU. We only give up 3.3 yards per rush, 13th best in the country. That includes two games against run heavy SEC teams. I think it would be a terrible match up for you both because of that and our elite playmakers on offense. The game would likely be over in the first quarter.
11-17-2016 07:16 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2016 07:16 PM)wkuengineer Wrote:  

I am amazed an Army fan would want anything to do with WKU. We only give up 3.3 yards per rush, 13th best in the country. That includes two games against run heavy SEC teams. I think it would be a terrible match up for you both because of that and our elite playmakers on offense. The game would likely be over in the first quarter.

We weren't very good the year we played Army. We were pretty good the year we played navy. Tech struggled with both of them. It's not easy to stop them when you arent used to playing that offense.
11-17-2016 08:46 PM
wkuengineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
(11-17-2016 08:46 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  

We weren't very good the year we played Army. We were pretty good the year we played navy. Tech struggled with both of them. It's not easy to stop them when you arent used to playing that offense.

2014 we beat Navy 36-27 and Army 52-24. We have done well against the triple option under Holt even the rush defense was not nearly as good as the one we have now.
11-17-2016 08:56 PM

Reread the thread. I want the Cotton Bowl stadium, not Western Kentucky in particular though your school is superior to South Alabama.
11-17-2016 09:15 PM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

Who is the "we" you're talking about? I don't give a poo about a "power" 03-lmfao 5 team. I'd rather see Army any day over Kentucky or some other 12th place SEC school.
11-17-2016 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(11-17-2016 09:37 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  

Who is the "we" you're talking about? I don't give a poo about a "power" 03-lmfao 5 team. I'd rather see Army any day over Kentucky or some other 12th place SEC school.

I have a couple of friends who are Marshall fans. Hopefully, you guys can recover from this year.

Any insights on Morgan State?
11-17-2016 11:46 PM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
(11-17-2016 04:45 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  

A lot of history in that stadium. Definitely a place I would think everyone would want to see a game in once.

Having been to both stadiums five plus times, the Cotton Bowl is an infitinitely better place to watch football. Texas/OU is hands down the best atmosphere of any rivalry game.
11-18-2016 12:43 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I don't know. Maybe familiarity does indeed breed contempt. I grew up in the Dallas area. My first memory of the Cotton Bowl is an SMU- Texas A&M game in the mid-fifties. I've survived more than a couple of Texas-OU weekends. I was at the first game that the Cowboys played in the Cotton Bowl and used to get into Cowboy games for free by wearing my high school letter jacket (into my junior year in college when the gate guard strongly questioned my high school status). There have been some great Cotton Bowl games. Texas-Syracuse, Texas-Navy, and A&M- Alabama come to mind. She is indeed a great old lady -- but wanting to come to Dallas from Pennsylvania just to see the Cotton Bowl -- wow, good on you bud.
11-18-2016 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.