Soros-Funded MoveOn.org Consoles Libs Over Trump Win
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Soros-Funded MoveOn.org Consoles Libs Over Trump Win
[Image: moveon1.jpg]

Heartbroken

Quote:Hi fellow MoveOn member,

This is Justin Ruben—I was the Organizing Director at MoveOn while George W. Bush was president. I run a parents organizing group these days. I’m writing you today to say few things:

First, it’s important that we don’t lose hope. It’s okay to cry and mourn and hug our loved ones closer. But the worst thing people of good conscience can do is become “lost in the wilderness” while the radical right runs roughshod over everything we believe in. So yes, we should mourn. And think about what went wrong. And how we can do better next time. But we have to keep our hope alive, always. And never, ever give up.

Second, we don’t always win, even if we are on the right side of history. But our ongoing work makes more wins possible. While I was at MoveOn in 2004, we ran what was at the time the biggest people-powered campaign ever to stop the re-election of President Bush. We worked so hard, but we came up short. It was heartbreaking. But we picked ourselves up and still kept at it. Two years later, we took back the House and Senate. Two years after that, we helped elect Barack Obama president.

We were only able to do these things because we never, ever gave up and never stopped organizing. Our work together paved the pathway to taking back Congress, ending the war, and electing President Obama for eight years.

Which leads me to my third point, which is: We’re going to need to organize harder and do more than we ever have before. Donald Trump is a unique threat to our democracy, and MoveOn now has its most important mission ever, one we never imagined we’d face. Those of us who are women, immigrants, refugees, Black people, Muslims, LGBT Americans, Latinos, and so many others are under even greater threat. Our typical efforts won’t be enough. Which is why I have an important request:

Can you chip in $2.70 a month to MoveOn? Your ongoing support will help build the momentum we’ll need to stop Donald Trump and a GOP-controlled Congress from tearing our country apart.

Thanks for all you do.

—Justin Ruben
Board President, MoveOn.org Civic Action
11-17-2016 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Soros-Funded MoveOn.org Consoles Libs Over Trump Win
…on the "right side of history." That makes my skin crawl. Like fingernails on a chalkboard. Like Killary's Rally voice. I think history gave them a swift kick to the gonads this time.
11-17-2016 07:18 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Soros-Funded MoveOn.org Consoles Libs Over Trump Win
Quote:Can you chip in $2.70 a month to MoveOn? Your ongoing support will help build the momentum we’ll need to stop Donald Trump and a GOP-controlled Congress from tearing our country apart.

Mourn and console. Mourn and console. Mourn and console. Oh BTW, can you pitch in to the slush fund? Less than the cost of a gallon of gas per month no less.
11-17-2016 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.