Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
-READ THIS MESSAGE FROM THE MODERATOR TEAM-
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
-READ THIS MESSAGE FROM THE MODERATOR TEAM-
Friends -

I'll spare you any sanctimonious messaging about sore losers needing a space to vent and pompous victors reveling in the glow of victory.

Stop the name calling. Make your case, say your point, and stop calling people names.

Talk sense if you have it and if not, then don't respond. The fact that someone oppose you politically does not invite you to personally insult them. As soon as someone gets personal, the debate is over and that person loses.

If people don't like the rules they are free to leave.
11-16-2016 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

RE: -READ THIS MESSAGE FROM THE MODERATOR TEAM-
Bump.
11-16-2016 02:20 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
agreed wholeheartedly - Bump
11-16-2016 03:06 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Bump. Stop the name calling.
11-17-2016 10:25 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Here is the deal: do not call other posters names. Do not call people morons, jerks, idiots, change up their usename to something infantile or anything else that can be deemed targeting that individual poster. The AUP is in place, easily accessible, and a pretty good guideline for trying to push this site to strong, honest conversation.

For instance, in general, you will not be warned for saying "Trump is a racist" but (if we see it) you probably will be moderated for saying "(poster) is a racist piece of dog crap for supporting Trump."

Remember, the idea here is not to have a firm if/then on everything as the moderators try to roll with the flow of the thread. We do not warn or ban for disagreement -- we warn ban to stop people from trolling and stirring **** and going after each other personally.

The idea here is for all posters to remember to keep it civil and not insult other individual posters.
11-17-2016 10:47 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Seconding LS's post.... and adding that there is a difference between shortening someone's username to something else that doesn't mean anything 'negative' (as I just did)... i.e. Hambone10 to HB or Ham or Hambone or 10 or Bones, and shortening it to something that DOES (or could) mean something bad. If you use it and someone is unhappy about the shortening and the shortening COULD be offensive, you'll be asked to stop. If I complained about having my name shortened to Ham, I'd probably be told to put on my big boy pants.

and Bull... the 'all but' is the key component. The gray area. If someone ALL BUT calls you a racist, and you therefore feel justified in calling them a moron in response, you lose. If you 'all but' call him a moron (and we see it or it is reported), you both will probably get a polite warning.

Some posters act like 5 or 10 points is the end of your life.... as if you've never been told 'no' in your lives. Take the correction, learn from it and move on. Stop with the 'he did it first' childishness. Maybe he did. Maybe he got warned as well. Maybe HE got a verbal because it was 'all but' and you got 5 points because it was 'all'.
11-17-2016 11:28 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
The level of civility on this board needs to improve. The moderation team has let you all have free reign for the election season but now it's time to tone it down.

*Read the Spin Room AUP.

*Live by the Spin Room AUP.

*Report those that don't abide by the Spin Room AUP.

That is all!
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 12:52 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
11-17-2016 12:49 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.