Five Fast Gun Reforms President Trump Will Sign Into Law
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Five Fast Gun Reforms President Trump Will Sign Into Law
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/09/...will-make/

Quote:Ending Gun-Free Zones On Military Bases

Quote:National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

There is significant momentum towards establishing national concealed carry reciprocity in all 50 states. President Trump, working with a Republican-controlled House and Senate, should be able to get this passed into law within the first 90 days. There are four different bills to choose from in the House and Senate.

Quote:Legalizing Silencers

Making a hearing safety device criminal was one of the dumbest things ever done under the Administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt… and that’s saying a lot. The Hearing Protection Act is already written and has co-sponsors. It should be passed within the first 60 days of President Trump’s administration, which is a blessing to high-volume shooters such as myself who would like to better protect our hearing.

Quote:NICS Background Check Reform

Gun control supporters want a “universal” background checks on all gun purchases in order to create a de facto gun registry… and that’s just not going to happen. What is going to happen is that President Trump, the House, and Senate are going to work on legislation to close the gaping holes in the existing background check system so that it is more effective, ensuring better and more accurate updating of prohibited persons. This will likely run in conjunction with mental health reform to both help people in crisis obtain the help they need, and ensure that fears of losing their Second Amendment rights won’t keep people from seeking help for a temporary but important mental health crisis.

Quote:Allow Importation of Collectable Historical Firearms

President Obama has stymied the importation of historically significant firearms provided to allies after the Second World War and the Korean War through executive orders. The Collectible Firearms Protection Act will allow the reimportation of hundreds of thousand of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1911 pistols.
11-14-2016 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: Five Fast Gun Reforms President Trump Will Sign Into Law
Love it even though I am bit ambivalent about legalizing silencers.
11-14-2016 05:02 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's a start.

I do not like reciprocity though. That is something that should be left entirely up to each state.
11-14-2016 05:06 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-14-2016 05:02 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Love it even though I am bit ambivalent about legalizing silencers.

They shouldn't be illegal to begin with. They contribute absolutely zero lethality to a firearm, much like the left's famous boogeyman the barrel shroud. If anything they make guns less lethal because of the reduction of bullet performance and the effect that adding extra weight out on the end of the barrel.
11-14-2016 05:08 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(11-14-2016 05:06 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's a start.

I do not like reciprocity though. That is something that should be left entirely up to each state.

The reason Gun Owners of America has pushed national reciprocity is it is part and parcel of Constitutional Carry. CCW states cannot do reciprocity with a state that simply allows you to carry if you're lawfully able to do so. There's no permits to CCW in Alaska, Vermont, West Virginia, Missouri, etc, etc. Ergo nothing to have reciprocity with. So this is an attempt -- especially by GOA -- to close this loophole. I've gotten no less than THREE push mailers from GOA to hammer Congress Critters over national reciprocity.
11-14-2016 05:12 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I'm good with national reciprocity. I already have reciprocity from about 40 states as it is. Not sure what basis the federal government has to mandate that but they can let that sort itself out
11-14-2016 05:17 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(11-14-2016 05:02 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Love it even though I am bit ambivalent about legalizing silencers.

I used to be the same way. People using them for target practice is becoming a bigger thing now.

I'm half deaf from 40 years of shooting, first 20 of which with no hearing protection so I see the wisdom I suppose.
11-14-2016 05:20 PM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Suppressor are already legal you just have to pay for a stamp from the BATFE. I'm looking into a suppressor for a a few if mine right now.
11-14-2016 05:34 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-14-2016 05:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

They shouldn't be illegal to begin with. They contribute absolutely zero lethality to a firearm, much like the left's famous boogeyman the barrel shroud. If anything they make guns less lethal because of the reduction of bullet performance and the effect that adding extra weight out on the end of the barrel.

But they use them in all the action movies and those guys never miss!!
11-14-2016 05:38 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
"Reform"

LOL
11-14-2016 05:45 PM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-14-2016 05:34 PM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Suppressor are already legal you just have to pay for a stamp from the BATFE. I'm looking into a suppressor for a a few if mine right now.

Not in all states, they aren't.
11-14-2016 05:50 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
42 states it's legal for civilian ownership, 40 of those permit for hunting as well.

[Image: asa_edu_map_0616161.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 05:58 PM by rath v2.0.)
11-14-2016 05:56 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
BTW, just shocking which states do not allow them...
11-14-2016 05:59 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
He should add that ANY active or reservist member of our armed services are automatically CCW licensed in ALL 50 states and across state lines...in every state but Alaska and Hawaii. Id even add that they should be able to carry an military issued sidearm while in uniform.
11-14-2016 06:07 PM

Will these new gun laws include money for emotional counseling for the apoplectic Piers Morgan?
11-14-2016 06:39 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I alway used silencers on COD so yeah when you are hunting the most dangerous game in real life why wouldn't you want one.
11-14-2016 06:43 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Does this mean that if I have a CCW license in Texas I don't need one in any other state, like national drivers licenses? If that's the case I would favor it 100% as sometimes I hear of people forgetting that they aren't permitted to carry away from your state and they get fined/arrested by the other state.
11-14-2016 08:01 PM

(11-14-2016 08:01 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Does this mean that if I have a CCW license in Texas I don't need one in any other state, like national drivers licenses? If that's the case I would favor it 100% as sometimes I hear of people forgetting that they aren't permitted to carry away from your state and they get fined/arrested by the other state.

Precisely correct. All states must reciprocate with all other states INCLUDING Constitutional Carry states. And the bill that GOA is backing I believe also has provisions that your firearm, if legal in your home state, is legal in whatever other state you're in.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 08:06 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
11-14-2016 08:05 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Most states already do unless they picked a fight with that other state over something unrelated.

Like I said, as an Ohio resident, I already have reciprocity for my Ohio CCW in close to 40 states with the exception of the People's Republics of New York, Mass., Maryland, Illinois, California, Conn., New Jersey, Oregon, Hawaii. and the District of Columbia. The confederacy of progressive idiocy.

Ollie, its up to the permit holder to stay up to date on the laws of reciprocity. Lots of otherwise law abiding people get booked on a felony charge for passing through a radioactive progressive state with a gun locked in their truck New York and New Jersey are notorious.

One goofy type of rule this national law would change is WI and Texas recognize Ohio CCW but only those issued after 3/22/15. So someone (like me) who had one before then and still holds a valid license does not get reciprocity in those two states for some silly reason but someone who got theirs possibly a week later can.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 09:05 PM by rath v2.0.)
11-14-2016 08:56 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(11-14-2016 05:59 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  BTW, just shocking which states do not allow them...

I'm shocked Connecticut is one of them. I figured after Sandy Hook, that would be a thing of the past.
11-14-2016 09:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.