Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fire Hopson
Bookmark and Share
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
Fire Hopson
I hate to even say it because he's an unbelievable person that's been through a lot in life. But he can't coach a lick. This is emberassing.
11-12-2016 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

RE: Fire Hopson
Utterly clueless.
11-12-2016 04:46 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

As the guy who started this thread, I feel obligated to say that we also have zero talent aside from about 3 guys. But at this point we look horribly coached.
11-12-2016 04:48 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

And McGillis.
11-12-2016 04:48 PM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
And let Lucky Charm and friends hire another one with his $8 budget?
11-12-2016 04:55 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-12-2016 04:48 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  As the guy who started this thread, I feel obligated to say that we also have zero talent aside from about 3 guys. But at this point we look horribly coached.

This staff is making chicken s*** out of chicken s***.
11-12-2016 05:02 PM
Advertisement

EagNBran Online
All American

(11-12-2016 04:55 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  And let Lucky Charm and friends hire another one with his $8 budget?

A lot of donors who would donate to a higher salary for a better coach have been isolated by McGillis since Day 1. Hasn't cared about them. Hasn't asked their opinion. There's a reason the center of the home side is so empty on Saturdays.
11-12-2016 05:16 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-12-2016 05:16 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 04:55 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  And let Lucky Charm and friends hire another one with his $8 budget?

A lot of donors who would donate to a higher salary for a better coach have been isolated by McGillis since Day 1. Hasn't cared about them. Hasn't asked their opinion. There's a reason the center of the home side is so empty on Saturdays.

Maybe they should actually pony up the cash and set up a meeting instead of saying what they would do if invited into the inner circle. Pay to play is in that order.
11-12-2016 05:21 PM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(11-12-2016 05:16 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  A lot of donors who would donate to a higher salary for a better coach have been isolated by McGillis since Day 1. Hasn't cared about them. Hasn't asked their opinion. There's a reason the center of the home side is so empty on Saturdays.

"A lot" of donors pledged to contribute to the Fedora assistant fund but the funds never were quite accounted for, if they ever materialized. I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the shell game of Division One athletics at USM appears to be crumbling at the hands of Tougaloo, ODU, and the Clarences running the pyramid.
11-12-2016 05:22 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-12-2016 04:46 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  I hate to even say it because he's an unbelievable person that's been through a lot in life. But he can't coach a lick. This is emberassing.

i understand your post is coming from an emotional point of view. try to consider that his 4 year starting QB is hurt, as well as the backup. he is starting a true freshman who has had limited reps in practice with the 1st and 2nd teams, considering he was suppose to red-shirt. the offense is completely handcuffed. keon prob hasnt been tackled all year. once thrown into a full contact college football game for the first time in his life, with just days notice, its easy to understand why he fumbled twice. he threw a number of balls right on the money and the no-talent receivers keep dropping the ball. is that coaching or lack of talent / execution? the defense was defending from the 5 yard line and other bad positions, bc of the turnovers. thats asking a lot of the defense.

you always act like people are being too harsh towards the coaches so i figured it would be appropriate to do the same to you now.
11-12-2016 05:22 PM
EagNBran Online
All American

(11-12-2016 05:22 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 04:46 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  I hate to even say it because he's an unbelievable person that's been through a lot in life. But he can't coach a lick. This is emberassing.

i understand your post is coming from an emotional point of view. try to consider that his 4 year starting QB is hurt, as well as the backup. he is starting a true freshman who has had limited reps in practice with the 1st and 2nd teams, considering he was suppose to red-shirt. the offense is completely handcuffed. keon prob hasnt been tackled all year. once thrown into a full contact college football game for the first time in his life, with just days notice, its easy to understand why he fumbled twice. he threw a number of balls right on the money and the no-talent receivers keep dropping the ball. is that coaching or lack of talent / execution? the defense was defending from the 5 yard line and other bad positions, bc of the turnovers. thats asking a lot of the defense.

you always act like people are being too harsh towards the coaches so i figured it would be appropriate to do the same to you now.

I didn't realize this was the case for every game this season.
11-12-2016 05:34 PM
Advertisement

EagNBran Online
All American

(11-12-2016 05:21 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

Maybe they should actually pony up the cash and set up a meeting instead of saying what they would do if invited into the inner circle. Pay to play is in that order.

You act like they haven't tried to schedule meetings with him. I know personally that they have. Many times he misses. Sometimes Bennett ends up coming alone. Other times he comes but gives no real answers, saying he'll get back to them and not.
11-12-2016 05:35 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-12-2016 05:35 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  

You act like they haven't tried to schedule meetings with him. I know personally that they have. Many times he misses. Sometimes Bennett ends up coming alone. Other times he comes but gives no real answers, saying he'll get back to them and not.

You did not at all comprehend what I wrote.
11-12-2016 05:39 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-12-2016 05:35 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  

if what you say is true, he should be fired first. im afraid that wont happen considering the "new" Pres hired him just a few years ago. it would take some BIG TIME donors to make it happen. idk if we have any that big. this is the situation that concerned me when he was first hired.
11-12-2016 05:44 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-12-2016 05:44 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  if what you say is true, he should be fired first. im afraid that wont happen considering the "new" Pres hired him just a few years ago. it would take some BIG TIME donors to make it happen. idk if we have any that big.

Apparently, our potentially big-time donors are all waiting until they're handed the keys before writing a check.
11-12-2016 05:53 PM
EagNBran Online
All American

(11-12-2016 05:53 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 05:44 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  if what you say is true, he should be fired first. im afraid that wont happen considering the "new" Pres hired him just a few years ago. it would take some BIG TIME donors to make it happen. idk if we have any that big.

Apparently, our potentially big-time donors are all waiting until they're handed the keys before writing a check.

Apparently, you're delusional. People want to feel like they're cared about. You are selling them on a vision and a program. If you give them the finger, don't think you're going to get their support.

It's like people trashing the Bushs for saying they'd vote Hillary (apparently). Well yeah, the dude just trash-talked their family the entire election, you think they'll vote for him?
11-12-2016 07:04 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(11-12-2016 07:04 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  

Apparently, you're delusional. People want to feel like they're cared about. You are selling them on a vision and a program. If you give them the finger, don't think you're going to get their support.

It's like people trashing the Bushs for saying they'd vote Hillary (apparently). Well yeah, the dude just trash-talked their family the entire election, you think they'll vote for him?

I'd shake The Bush's, Kasich's and Frum's hands for putting country before politics....This commie/Lib really respects THESE Conservatives, unlike the trash talk from the other side..

Oh wait...FOOTBALL!!....Can't wait til Howard learns from his mistakes and becomes a BEAST..
11-12-2016 07:10 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-12-2016 07:04 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  

Any AD is going to give the most attention to and take the most input from to the people who contribute the most, not the people who say I "could contribute if...." The latter bit is like asking for a vote on a coporate board before actually buying the stock. Write the check, and I bet he won't miss the meeting.
11-12-2016 09:33 PM
EagNBran Online
All American

That mindset is why we're where we're at financially.
11-13-2016 10:05 AM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-13-2016 10:05 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  That mindset is why we're where we're at financially.

Absolutely.
11-13-2016 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.