Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I love USM
Bookmark and Share
Jayesseagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
I love USM
but it's always been so hard to bleed Black & Gold!
11-06-2016 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
RE: I love USM
..what year did your graduate??
11-06-2016 10:50 AM
Aquila chrysaetos Offline
Water Engineer

:)
11-06-2016 10:55 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I honestly don't know if it's really been as hard as the past 5 years or so.

The football program has been in absolute shambles except for last year. By far the worst stretch in its history.

Basketball is an unmitigated dumpster fire with no hope, but we've never had much of a basketball program.

Baseball is okay, but under Coach Just Good Enough, they'll always do just enough. It's been pure mediocrity since 09.

Then you have the disaster that CUSA has become (and the fact that we regularly lose to these teams now) and the changing landscape of NCAA Sports......football has underachieved and basketball is in for another shitshow

It's pretty bad right now.
11-06-2016 10:56 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

what's worse...is its not changing any time soon. this latest debacle started with the hiring of the new President, who hired this AD, who hired Sadler and Hopson, who hired his staff. Each hire got progressively worse. The President ain't going nowhere. which means the AD ain't going nowhere. which means Sadler and Hopson are here for a while.

think about that and feel free to 03-puke
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 11:23 AM by Reggie Favre.)
11-06-2016 11:17 AM
Jayesseagle Offline
Special Teams

I graduated in '93
11-06-2016 11:22 AM
Advertisement

Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(11-06-2016 11:17 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  what's worse...is its not changing any time soon. this latest debacle started with the hiring of the new President, who hired this AD, who hired Sadler and Hopson, who hired his staff. Each hire got progressively worse. The President ain't going nowhere. which means the AD ain't going nowhere. which means Sadler and Hopson are here for a while.

Technically it started with the hiring of the previous president, who couldn't make Eagle Walk on time.
11-06-2016 01:31 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-06-2016 01:31 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 11:17 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  what's worse...is its not changing any time soon. this latest debacle started with the hiring of the new President, who hired this AD, who hired Sadler and Hopson, who hired his staff. Each hire got progressively worse. The President ain't going nowhere. which means the AD ain't going nowhere. which means Sadler and Hopson are here for a while.

Technically it started with the hiring of the previous president, who couldn't make Eagle Walk on time.

We have a winner. Saunders was the Ellis Johnson of presidents (who not coincidentally, gave us the Ellis Johnson of coaches). Much like the football & basketball programs themselves, there's a lot of residual, underlying damage to contend with.

It was Saunders hand-picked AD who let Eustachy walk after an NCAA at-large bid. If LE stays a couple more years, or if he leaves anyway and any semi-competent coach BUT the guy now kicked out of the NCAA for 10 years gets the job, who knows how these last few years of basketball play out.
11-06-2016 04:26 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

In all fairness, if Tyndall stays, a player doesn't rat and we still have a successful program with a guy who is all about Southern Miss.
11-06-2016 10:05 PM
LaurelEagleSon Offline
Bench Warmer

One of the big problems here is you can't say, "We need to fire this coach and get a new one," because the people in the admin building have no idea how to hire and keep a decent coach. And if we do and that coach leaves for greener pastures, they move as quickly as possible to hire a coach who is the polar opposite of the one who won football games.

We should never hire anybody who is not the OC at Oklahoma State.
11-06-2016 10:43 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(11-06-2016 10:43 PM)LaurelEagleSon Wrote:  One of the big problems here is you can't say, "We need to fire this coach and get a new one," because the people in the admin building have no idea how to hire and keep a decent coach. And if we do and that coach leaves for greener pastures, they move as quickly as possible to hire a coach who is the polar opposite of the one who won football games.

Awww....forget all this chit....betcha can't wait til Wednesday!!!!04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-rock04-rock04-rock04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-rock04-rock04-rock04-rock
11-06-2016 10:55 PM
Advertisement

LaurelEagleSon Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-06-2016 10:55 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 10:43 PM)LaurelEagleSon Wrote:  One of the big problems here is you can't say, "We need to fire this coach and get a new one," because the people in the admin building have no idea how to hire and keep a decent coach. And if we do and that coach leaves for greener pastures, they move as quickly as possible to hire a coach who is the polar opposite of the one who won football games.

Awww....forget all this chit....betcha can't wait til Wednesday!!!!04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-rock04-rock04-rock04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-rock04-rock04-rock04-rock

Yessir! Can't wait!
11-07-2016 08:42 AM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-06-2016 10:05 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  In all fairness, if Tyndall stays, a player doesn't rat and we still have a successful program with a guy who is all about Southern Miss.

If Tyndall was "all about Southern Miss," how do we find ourselves speculating on what would've happened had he not left for another job after 2 seasons?

Good gravy, the guy was apparently running a cult moreso than a basketball program.
11-07-2016 11:53 AM
4thsteagle Offline
Water Engineer

I agree.
11-07-2016 01:10 PM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

(11-07-2016 11:53 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 10:05 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  In all fairness, if Tyndall stays, a player doesn't rat and we still have a successful program with a guy who is all about Southern Miss.

If Tyndall was "all about Southern Miss," how do we find ourselves speculating on what would've happened had he not left for another job after 2 seasons?

Good gravy, the guy was apparently running a cult moreso than a basketball program.

Tyndall was all about Tyndall and bettering the situation for Tyndall. However, a lot of our AD staff could learn ALOT from him on how he got the fanbase to buy into him while he was here.
11-07-2016 03:01 PM
RockTheRock Offline
Special Teams

(11-07-2016 03:01 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  However, a lot of our AD staff could learn ALOT from him on how he got the fanbase to buy into him while he was here.

Or maybe our fanbase needs to learn much about who and what they buy into.
11-07-2016 03:17 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-07-2016 03:17 PM)RockTheRock Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 03:01 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  However, a lot of our AD staff could learn ALOT from him on how he got the fanbase to buy into him while he was here.

So its the fansbases responsiblity to know if the coaching staff is doing something illegal? Ok.
11-07-2016 04:02 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-07-2016 04:02 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 03:17 PM)RockTheRock Wrote:  

So its the fansbases responsiblity to know if the coaching staff is doing something illegal? Ok.

he does like to rock his rock.....so, there's that.....

Tyndall can sell....and he screwed the pooch relative to ethics....

if one doesn't understand that part of the equation, there is nothing left to say...

that's why the admin and ones that vet a candidate are getting paid to DO THEIR ******* JOB!

everything else is just bs....

there is nothing about this being a responsibility to the average fan to know all the 'ins and outs'.....anyone that thinks such is a ******* moron
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 04:11 PM by stinkfist.)
11-07-2016 04:09 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(11-07-2016 11:53 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  Good gravy, the guy was apparently running a cult moreso than a basketball program.

There ain't no monorail and there never was.
11-07-2016 06:01 PM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(11-07-2016 04:09 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  The admin is getting paid to DO THEIR ******* JOB.

How's that working out?
11-07-2016 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.