Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beautiful, unique
Bookmark and Share
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Found this review on epinions, by a guy named b. laird, written in July '01.

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium is a very attractive stadium with good views and seating that is about average in comfort. Maybe because the stadium is mostly built below ground, the place seems much louder than a stadium this size (52,000 soon to be 62,000) should be. The best thing about coming to a game here is the truly unique way that Ole Miss fans tailgate, or rather picnic. This takes place in an area of the Ole Miss Campus called "the grove". "The grove" is a huge oak tree shaded park in the heart of the campus, just a short walk from the stadium. It is here where fans, usually some 10,000 strong, from Ole Miss as well as the opposing team, gather under tents and entertain themselves before game time. There is a stage in "the grove" where live music is played as well as music by the Ole Miss band, this contributes tremendously to a party like atmosphere. At night games, one of the best things to do is just to stand back and gawk at all of the thousands of tents lit up by the lights in the grove. I have been to games on many college campuses and this is truly one of the most beautiful and exciting places to experience a college football game. "The grove" and the pre-game activities in it are astonishing. The main reason is because it is so unique! However, I must admit that after several hours of partying (drinking) in "the grove", the crowd tends to become a bit loud and rowdy, especially when the Ole Miss players conduct their pre-game team walk through the grove. This rowdiness tends be taken into the stadium as well, but is done mostly in support of their team. Unless you're an LSU fan, not much open hostility is shown to visitors. The Oxford town square is nearby and many people go there after the games to either celebrate or sulk after the game. The restaurants on the square are upscale and pricy and the bars tend to be wild, but Oxford Ms is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and fun places to experience a college football game! Truly unique!

04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow
09-03-2003 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Found this review on epinions, by a guy named b. laird, written in July '01.

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium is a very attractive stadium with good views and seating that is about average in comfort. Maybe because the stadium is mostly built below ground, the place seems much louder than a stadium this size (52,000 soon to be 62,000) should be. The best thing about coming to a game here is the truly unique way that Ole Miss fans tailgate, or rather picnic. This takes place in an area of the Ole Miss Campus called "the grove". "The grove" is a huge oak tree shaded park in the heart of the campus, just a short walk from the stadium. It is here where fans, usually some 10,000 strong, from Ole Miss as well as the opposing team, gather under tents and entertain themselves before game time. There is a stage in "the grove" where live music is played as well as music by the Ole Miss band, this contributes tremendously to a party like atmosphere. At night games, one of the best things to do is just to stand back and gawk at all of the thousands of tents lit up by the lights in the grove. I have been to games on many college campuses and this is truly one of the most beautiful and exciting places to experience a college football game. "The grove" and the pre-game activities in it are astonishing. The main reason is because it is so unique! However, I must admit that after several hours of partying (drinking) in "the grove", the crowd tends to become a bit loud and rowdy, especially when the Ole Miss players conduct their pre-game team walk through the grove. This rowdiness tends be taken into the stadium as well, but is done mostly in support of their team. Unless you're an LSU fan, not much open hostility is shown to visitors. The Oxford town square is nearby and many people go there after the games to either celebrate or sulk after the game. The restaurants on the square are upscale and pricy and the bars tend to be wild, but Oxford Ms is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and fun places to experience a college football game! Truly unique!

04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow
09-03-2003 01:06 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

I like the article...he is just realizing and/or experiencing what we have known for decades. 04-bow 04-bow
09-03-2003 09:45 PM
Advertisement

REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

I like the article...he is just realizing and/or experiencing what we have known for decades. 04-bow 04-bow
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.