Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Maddon is a ^&&%^ moron
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Maddon is a ^&&%^ moron
Even Ray Charles could tell that Chapman was gassed tonight. Maddon is an idiot for pitching him so many innings last night. Should have stayed with Hendricks and even after going with Lester should have stayed with him in bottom 8th.

Cubs may never win WS with Maddon as manager.
11-02-2016 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
RE: Maddon is a ^&&%^ moron
I don't know, Francona made a head-scratcher of a move leaving his starter in too long, too. I'm pulling for the Indians for family reasons, but the cubbies may have pulled it off here in the 10th.
11-02-2016 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HobosHeroesStCornerClowns Offline
Banned

(11-02-2016 10:39 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Even Ray Charles could tell that Chapman was gassed tonight. Maddon is an idiot for pitching him so many innings last night. Should have stayed with Hendricks and even after going with Lester should have stayed with him in bottom 8th.

Never sure was a short time
11-02-2016 11:52 PM
Cletus Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The curse has ended

[Image: curse-of-the-billy-goat.jpg]
11-02-2016 11:54 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

come again
11-02-2016 11:58 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(11-02-2016 11:58 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  come again

Players came through and saved his ass. Epstein's moves won this one.
11-03-2016 12:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(11-03-2016 12:01 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

dummy
11-03-2016 12:10 AM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(11-02-2016 10:39 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Even Ray Charles could tell that Chapman was gassed tonight. Maddon is an idiot for pitching him so many innings last night. Should have stayed with Hendricks and even after going with Lester should have stayed with him in bottom 8th.

Oops
11-03-2016 08:49 AM
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(11-03-2016 08:49 AM)gotigers1 Wrote:  

Oops

Renteria would have not allowed it to make it to extra innings. 5 of their 6 runs came after Maddon made pitching moves that was very questionable.

Taking out Hendrick after just 63 pitches when he was dominating the Indians because Russell miss played a ball. Leading to pulling your best catcher to put in Lester. who allowed two runs to score due to a single wild pitch. Knowing that Lester could not defend his position and did not hold on base runners.

Then putting in a closer who had throw almost 50 pitches over the past two games. Even though Lester had gotten out of his early mistake and was also shutting down the Indians.

Maddon threw Chapman 5.3 innings in three days. A Closer usually goes back to back days with at most 1 inning pitched each before he is rested the third day. At MOST a closer may be used three days in a row but no more than 1 inning per game.
11-03-2016 12:12 PM
Advertisement

ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2016 12:01 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

Guess Epstein didn't hire Maddon...
11-03-2016 12:15 PM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
Hendricks and Lester were dialed in.

Maddon took them out too early - probably an inning each.

Chapman was gassed and gave up 3 runs while only 4 outs away from a save.

Cubs still won in the end.

It is what it is - just because a team wins doesn't mean their coach made all the right moves during a game. That's a straw man argument equal to saying Pastner is better than Pitino because he beat him twice in one season.

IMO - Hendricks could've easily gone 7 - he was dominating...shades of Greg Maddux - full command and placement, I was stunned he was pulled. And once Lester got settled in, he was throwing darts.

I mean if Russell comes up with that ground ball for the third out then we're not even having this discussion anyway (not blaming Russell either, it was a hard play - just saying the whole sequence of events began there).

I like Maddon to a degree, just think he overmanaged, but it was a pressure packed situation.
11-03-2016 12:41 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

so, should we value the opinion of a dumazz behind a keyboard that follows rasslin and neckcar..... or the judgment of a lifelong baseball guy being paid millions of dollars to direct a team in the final innings of a world series game seven
11-03-2016 12:44 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid

You made an absolutely STUPID post and should just take your medicine and say you were wrong, but instead it's some type of excuse of how you were actually right even though your last line shows how ridiculously wrong you were!!!
11-03-2016 01:35 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(11-03-2016 01:35 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  

You made an absolutely STUPID post and should just take your medicine and say you were wrong, but instead it's some type of excuse of how you were actually right even though your last line shows how ridiculously wrong you were!!!

Almost every media outlet is praising Epstein and NOT Maddon for the title. Cub fans across the nation are praising Epstein but are very critical of Maddon. The announcers were praising Epstein and NOT Maddon.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/11/03/cu...overrated/

http://themajors.net/despite-joe-maddon-...ld-series/

You determine your position on this issue based purely on the person who made the OP. You are the biggest form of hypocrite there is. Facts are the baseball world is NOT giving great praise to Maddon for the win. Because so many believe the Cubs defeated the Indians AND Maddon to win the series.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 02:00 AM by ncrdbl1.)
11-04-2016 01:02 AM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

I get it, you were playing on the MT.org curse. Like when some poster posts about a potential upset brewing and the game always turns about that time and the favorite prevails.

Since you have no credibility anyway, you post how bad the Cubs manager is, knowing that it will turn the other way and you will feel like you had a hand in the Cubs win.

03-idea
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 07:21 AM by BinghamptonNed.)
11-04-2016 07:20 AM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2016 01:02 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

Almost every media outlet is praising Epstein and NOT Maddon for the title. Cub fans across the nation are praising Epstein but are very critical of Maddon. The announcers were praising Epstein and NOT Maddon.

You determine your position on this issue based purely on the person who made the OP. You are the biggest form of hypocrite there is. Facts are the baseball world is NOT giving great praise to Maddon for the win. Because so many believe the Cubs defeated the Indians AND Maddon to win the series.

I am making reference to your last statement. The Cubs may NEVER win a WS with Maddon as manager.

THAT WAS STUPID!!!!

Maddon made some HORRIBLE decisions, but the CUBS WON!!!!

You made a stupid statement, that you should admit was wrong, but you just can't. Yes! I take a more harsh view on this statement because of the source, because you continually make these types of statements then try to play it off because technically you weren't really wrong. BUT YOU WERE!!!! The CUBS WON A WS!!!
11-04-2016 09:37 AM
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(11-04-2016 09:37 AM)tigernole79 Wrote:  

I am making reference to your last statement. The Cubs may NEVER win a WS with Maddon as manager.

THAT WAS STUPID!!!!

You made a stupid statement, that you should admit was wrong, but you just can't. Yes! I take a more harsh view on this statement because of the source, because you continually make these types of statements then try to play it off because technically you weren't really wrong. BUT YOU WERE!!!! The CUBS WON A WS!!!

His management had little to nothing to do with win. Player overcame his actions. Bobby Cox won something like 8 straight division titles, had the best staff in baseball(3 hall of famers) most of those years and only won 1 world series. title.
11-04-2016 05:40 PM
Advertisement

springcat Offline
All American

(11-04-2016 05:40 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

THAT WAS STUPID!!!!

His management had little to nothing to do with win. Player overcame his actions. Bobby Cox won something like 8 straight division titles, had the best staff in baseball(3 hall of famers) most of those years and only won 1 world series. title.

Dude, give it up!
11-04-2016 07:33 PM
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(11-04-2016 07:33 PM)springcat Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 05:40 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 01:35 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  You made an absolutely STUPID post and should just take your medicine and say you were wrong, but instead it's some type of excuse of how you were actually right even though your last line shows how ridiculously wrong you were!!!

THAT WAS STUPID!!!!

Dude, give it up!

Seems as if this forum is the only place that people are disagreeing with my position.

You and others like you must be some of the biggest idiots around if the rest of the baseball world is saying one thing and you still stick to your guns based solely on your bias and prejudice.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/giants/krukow-...rld-series

Giants broadcaster Mike Krukow offered his thoughts on Thursday morning.

"The Cubs won this thing despite over-managing from Joe Maddon. It was awful. It was awful," Krukow said on KNBR 680. "It was the arrogance that he was trying to put his signature on what was gonna happen. And it happened despite taking out Hendricks early, taking out Lester early, putting in Chapman when he was tired.

"And the bunt with 3-2? You're gonna be smarter than the game? I was so outraged at what I was watching
... look, he's done a great job, granted. I mean come on. He's done a great job. He was the guy that kept them going down three games to one ... but at some point in time, you cannot be arrogant enough to think that you have to put your signature on the game.

"And to me, that's what he was doing. It didn't make sense. He was not reading the room. He was not managing this game as it should have been managed. I just wanted to slap the guy. As it turned out, they won despite him, despite his over-managing. And it'll be forgotten by a lot of people, but it won't be forgotten by me and a lot of people."
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 10:20 PM by ncrdbl1.)
11-04-2016 10:15 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I think his management decisions in that game WERE horrible. He yanked two pitchers too soon and used one that he probably shouldn't have and didn't need to!!!

HOWEVER, YOU made the statement that they would not win a World Series with him as manager. They won that night and won their first World Series, and Vegas already believes will not be their only.

You made a STUPID statement that they would NEVER win and can't admit you were wrong!!!!!
11-09-2016 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.