Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I've seen this before
Bookmark and Share
Berryb1906 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Mizzou
I've seen this before
Is it just me or do you wonder why Carey keeps running his QBs like they are running backs? He is already down to his back-up and we got a scare last night trying to run Maddie. Then you put him back in the game and run him like he never got hurt???

We saw what happened last year. It looks like we are headed there again. It is just a matter of time before we are down to our 3rd or 4th string QB.

Good win though....
11-02-2016 07:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: I've seen this before
I have mixed feeling about this, part of what makes Maddie effective is his off the charts athletic ability and his running ability, he is not going to beat many teams with his arm. I do think that they could be more selective ... the game was pretty much won in three quarters last night and they had all the opportunity in the world to give some of our back-up QBs some reps. If I ran the circus I would not have played a true freshman last night but I sure would have given Santa some live game reps to see what he can do. We know what Graham can do and it is clear to me that he better not be our starter next year.
11-02-2016 08:01 AM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Did he play a true freshman at QB?
11-02-2016 08:13 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(11-02-2016 07:00 AM)Berryb1906 Wrote:  Is it just me or do you wonder why Carey keeps running his QBs like they are running backs? He is already down to his back-up and we got a scare last night trying to run Maddie. Then you put him back in the game and run him like he never got hurt???

We saw what happened last year. It looks like we are headed there again. It is just a matter of time before we are down to our 3rd or 4th string QB.

Good win though....

Santa should have gotten some reps in the 4th quarter. The season is a wash, so it's time to start preparing for next season. We need to see what he can do.

Maddie has worked out well, but he looked like he was banged up. Our only chance against Toledo is if Maddie is firing on all cylinders.
11-02-2016 08:13 AM
Advertisement

Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
It is unfortunate that Carey does not have an eye on the future team. He seems to be fighting for his job and getting young guys ready 4 next year is not on his agenda. Actually the game was a 18 pt lead and less in the 4th Q and with the suspect pass D we have except for the past 5 minutes of game I'm not surprised younger guys didn't play.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
11-02-2016 08:16 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(11-02-2016 08:13 AM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 07:00 AM)Berryb1906 Wrote:  Is it just me or do you wonder why Carey keeps running his QBs like they are running backs? He is already down to his back-up and we got a scare last night trying to run Maddie. Then you put him back in the game and run him like he never got hurt???

Good win though....

Santa should have gotten some reps in the 4th quarter. The season is a wash, so it's time to start preparing for next season. We need to see what he can do.

Maddie has worked out well, but he looked like he was banged up. Our only chance against Toledo is if Maddie is firing on all cylinders.

+1

Unless Santa is hurt, it was nuts to not give him the opportunity to get a series in.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 08:17 AM by HuskieJohn.)
11-02-2016 08:16 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(11-02-2016 08:16 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 08:13 AM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  

Good win though....

+1

Unless Santa is hurt, it was nuts to not give him the opportunity to get a series in.

+1
11-02-2016 08:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.