Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Join the MAC or Sunbelt
Bookmark and Share
Wildeagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Join the MAC or Sunbelt
Need to lobby the MAC or Sunbelt for membership. Better competition. http://warrennolan.com/football/2016/conferencenpi
10-30-2016 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Join the MAC or Sunbelt
how about let's just stay put and wait for the current p5 tv contracts to expire....

that's when the flagship schools are going to form an entire other conference that mimics the NoFunLeague....

we have ~8 yrs to figure out how to posture with the remainders....

that's my take in hoping our leadership can collect the monies necessary to put southern miss in the best position possible moving forward....
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 12:09 PM by stinkfist.)
10-30-2016 12:08 PM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2016 11:41 AM)Wildeagle Wrote:  Need to lobby the MAC or Sunbelt for membership. Better competition. http://warrennolan.com/football/2016/conferencenpi

The worst part of that ... we're not even the conference leader in the worst conference. 03-pissed 03-hissyfit
10-30-2016 03:23 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(10-30-2016 12:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  how about let's just stay put and wait for the current p5 tv contracts to expire....

that's when the flagship schools are going to form an entire other conference that mimics the NoFunLeague....

that's my take in hoping our leadership can collect the monies necessary to put southern miss in the best position possible moving forward....

Based on what I saw on TV, our crowd blew away lots of so-called big time programs yestiddy....and I can't for the life of me fugure out why some conferences, specifically the AAC, would rather have the Toolames and S. Floridas playing in front of 3,000 spectators, instead of 25-36,000 every game for USM, depending on foe and season records.

Oh yeah...it's all those 25 TV sets turned on in N'Awlins and Tampon Bay...04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 03:34 PM by eaglebeaver.)
10-30-2016 03:33 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-30-2016 03:33 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 12:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  how about let's just stay put and wait for the current p5 tv contracts to expire....

Based on what I saw on TV, our crowd blew away lots of so-called big time programs yestiddy....and I can't for the life of me fugure out why some conferences, specifically the AAC, would rather have the Toolames and S. Floridas playing in front of 3,000 spectators, instead of 25-36,000 every game for USM, depending on foe and season records.

Oh yeah...it's all those 25 TV sets turned on in N'Awlins and Tampon Bay...04-cheers

we need mo' money and help from local/state lawmakers to help secure funding....or kidnap warren hood for a tax free ransom 03-wink

I don't see the latter being an option and the struggle with the former is a problem as the current construct exists....
10-30-2016 03:40 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

What about just going back to CUSA East? I never understood why we just quietly let them throw us in the West. I don't want to play UTSA or North Texas.
10-30-2016 04:03 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

First off, making a decision off of a power ranking after 9 weeks of one season is silly. Just 2 years ago, CUSA got the bonus check for being the top G5, so those things change with the wind.

That established, the only other conference worth joining right now is the AAC. Deserved or not, there's an elevated perception there, the media deal is far and away better than anyone else's, and ESPN can be relied upon to inflate its investments. Being part of the AAC would give us a leg up on being in that best position when the next bag of s*** hits the fan. If we can't do that, we may as well do as Stink says and hold tight until the next round. Anywhere we can get from the Belt or MAC, we get from here just as well. One thing I do like about CUSA in regard to our long-game strategy is the relationship it gives us with the Texas schools. Rice & possibly even the others will be good friends to have when the Big 12 understudies find themselves abandoned and looking for a new clique to hang with.
10-30-2016 04:05 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(10-30-2016 04:03 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  What about just going back to CUSA East? I never understood why we just quietly let them throw us in the West. I don't want to play UTSA or North Texas.

So you'd rather play both of the FU's, Charlotte, & Old Dominion every single year? Keep in mind, we're playing East teams more than we should be right now because of the UAB situation.

West is down this year, but aside from Marshall, the East has about 20 years combined at the FBS/IA level. At least Rice, UTEP, and La Tech have some name value if nothing else. The only true noob in the West is UTSA. I've always thought we got the better end of that deal.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 04:21 PM by HarborPointe.)
10-30-2016 04:20 PM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(10-30-2016 12:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I'm hoping our leadership can collect the monies necessary to move southern miss forward.

[Image: UFO-over-a-city.jpg]
10-30-2016 04:23 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-30-2016 04:20 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 04:03 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  What about just going back to CUSA East? I never understood why we just quietly let them throw us in the West. I don't want to play UTSA or North Texas.

So you'd rather play both of the FU's, Charlotte, & Old Dominion every single year? Keep in mind, we're playing East teams more than we should be right now because of the UAB situation.

West is down this year, but aside from Marshall, the East has about 20 years combined at the FBS/IA level. At least Rice, UTEP, and La Tech have some name value if nothing else. The only true noob in the West is UTSA. I've always thought we got the better end of that deal.

I agree....just for this conversation, east vs west never mattered once cusa 3.0 happened....

the only thing that mattered was then playing UAB/Tech every year....the west was the logical choice at that point....a line had to be drawn

and we've been given the scheduling gift playing Marshall every year....why WKU/MT isn't in that bunch is what bothers me....

I couldn't give two shites about next week's game outside of getting another W and watching if we can continue to improve as a squad....

it wouldn't bother me if we never played f_u(s), odu, or uncc in pigskin speak unless it was an ooc game

last caveat....el paso is the only one that is farther than most of the east....from us hattiesburglars 03-wink

east division in miles from the 'burg

828 to norfolk

761 to huntington

776 to boca

825 to miami

621 to charlotte

424 to nashville/murfreesboro

west division miles from the 'burg

238 to ruston

233 to b'ham

435 to yugeston

527 to denton

630 to san antonio

lunar trip to almost mexico 03-wink

toss in there are more alumni in the west cities vs the east....

seems pretty simple why we're in the west now....
10-30-2016 05:01 PM
CajunEagle Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-30-2016 03:40 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

we need mo' money and help from local/state lawmakers to help secure funding....or kidnap warren hood for a tax free ransom 03-wink

I don't see the latter being an option and the struggle with the former is a problem as the current construct exists....

We had this discussion at tailgate yesterday, Stink-em-up. I never in my life have I heard so many reasons/excuses from who I call rational people, that going over for a half hour, it all came down that basically.......LET'S JUST STAY WHERE WE ARE. My non-changing argument, if you REALLY wanted to move up, and quit pretending that USM is on the same level as the big boys, then get your scrawny collective asses together and do something about it. Most in the discussion verbalized that all they want to see is "our kids and coaches putting out a total 60 minute effort....no matter if we are getting crushed or stomping whoever the opponent". Honestly. Since it seems to not be a priority.....we ain't going anywhere.
10-30-2016 05:10 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(10-30-2016 05:10 PM)CajunEagle Wrote:  

We had this discussion at tailgate yesterday, Stink-em-up. I never in my life have I heard so many reasons/excuses from who I call rational people, that going over for a half hour, it all came down that basically.......LET'S JUST STAY WHERE WE ARE. My non-changing argument, if you REALLY wanted to move up, and quit pretending that USM is on the same level as the big boys, then get your scrawny collective asses together and do something about it. Most in the discussion verbalized that all they want to see is "our kids and coaches putting out a total 60 minute effort....no matter if we are getting crushed or stomping whoever the opponent". Honestly. Since it seems to not be a priority.....we ain't going anywhere.

I've listened to that crapola for 42 of my 51 in this this town.....

all one can attempt to do is try to explain how problems are solved....

#biatchesareeverywhere

#earplugs

#tittiesrequired

03-wink .... kudos and 04-cheers ....I always knew there were other sane people in this town....

one has to understand the problem before talking about it....anything else is a complete waste of time with the exception that plant growth enjoys those exhaust fumes
10-30-2016 05:21 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2016 05:21 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#biatchesareeverywhere

#earplugs

#tittiesrequired

03-wink .... kudos and 04-cheers ....I always knew there were other sane people in this town....

one has to understand the problem before talking about it....anything else is a complete waste of time with the exception that plant growth enjoys those exhaust fumes

You're such a "TOOL", Stinkfist....03-lmfao (and now I know you're the same age as the renegades in the band!)
10-30-2016 05:28 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-30-2016 05:28 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 03:33 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Based on what I saw on TV, our crowd blew away lots of so-called big time programs yestiddy....and I can't for the life of me fugure out why some conferences, specifically the AAC, would rather have the Toolames and S. Floridas playing in front of 3,000 spectators, instead of 25-36,000 every game for USM, depending on foe and season records.

#biatchesareeverywhere

#earplugs

#tittiesrequired

You're such a "TOOL", Stinkfist....03-lmfao (and now I know you're the same age as the renegades in the band!)

I love me some pep band folks....I personally thanked MG for bringin' them back....they're a hoot to watch hoops with....

however, you left out the rowdy rail days...that's when it was really fun 03-wink
10-30-2016 05:31 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2016 05:31 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 03:40 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  we need mo' money and help from local/state lawmakers to help secure funding....or kidnap warren hood for a tax free ransom 03-wink

#biatchesareeverywhere

#earplugs

#tittiesrequired

I love me some pep band folks....I personally thanked MG for bringin' them back....they're a hoot to watch hoops with....

however, you left out the rowdy rail days...that's when it was really fun 03-wink

Dammit, Stanky, not the Pep Band! By emphasizing "TOOL" (who wrote your moniker, "Stinkfist") I was giving you what I slyly thought was the perfect CLUE!!!! 04-cheers
....and you're the same age as the fools in the band, TOOL...

I'll do better next time..
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 06:22 PM by eaglebeaver.)
10-30-2016 06:19 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-30-2016 06:19 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 05:10 PM)CajunEagle Wrote:  We had this discussion at tailgate yesterday, Stink-em-up. I never in my life have I heard so many reasons/excuses from who I call rational people, that going over for a half hour, it all came down that basically.......LET'S JUST STAY WHERE WE ARE. My non-changing argument, if you REALLY wanted to move up, and quit pretending that USM is on the same level as the big boys, then get your scrawny collective asses together and do something about it. Most in the discussion verbalized that all they want to see is "our kids and coaches putting out a total 60 minute effort....no matter if we are getting crushed or stomping whoever the opponent". Honestly. Since it seems to not be a priority.....we ain't going anywhere.

#biatchesareeverywhere

#earplugs

#tittiesrequired

Dammit, Stanky, not the Pep Band! By emphasizing "TOOL" (who wrote your moniker, "Stinkfist") I was giving you what I slyly thought was the perfect CLUE!!!! 04-cheers

you did just fine....I just rolled with another derivative....check out the music thread over at the cusa board.....it's my fave thread that I and many others visit daily.....you nailed my moniker....I've had to explain it to many a folk....

stinkfist was the first one I learned in drop D....jones and carey playing in their time sigs never lets me down in any TTT time ....kudos and 04-cheers to all music!

edit: posted this one just for you....it's not 'that' one....but I'm certain you'll like it too....

http://csnbbs.com/thread-659724-post-137...id13735045
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 07:26 PM by stinkfist.)
10-30-2016 06:36 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2016 06:36 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 05:21 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I've listened to that crapola for 42 of my 51 in this this town.....

#biatchesareeverywhere

#earplugs

#tittiesrequired

you did just fine....I just rolled with another derivative....check out the music thread over at the cusa board.....it's my fave thread that I and many others visit daily.....you nailed my moniker....I've had to explain it to many a folk....

stinkfist was the first one I learned in drop D....jones and carey playing in their time sigs never lets me down in any TTT time ....kudos and 04-cheers to all music!

edit: posted this one just for you....it's not 'that' one....but I'm certain you'll like it too....

My wife sez I'm good at ONE thing (and ONE thing only!)----->TRIVIA! She sez iffen there wuz a market for trivia (besides Jeopardy!04-cheers) I'd be a millionaire....But since there ain't, I ain't!!!!!!03-lmfao
10-30-2016 07:40 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-30-2016 07:40 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 06:36 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 05:28 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  You're such a "TOOL", Stinkfist....03-lmfao (and now I know you're the same age as the renegades in the band!)

My wife sez I'm good at ONE thing (and ONE thing only!)----->TRIVIA! She sez iffen there wuz a market for trivia (besides Jeopardy!04-cheers) I'd be a millionaire....But since there ain't, I ain't!!!!!!03-lmfao

lol....you and boody must play in the same sandbox on thursday evenings (my fave ez bartender now that bevy has moved to greener pastures)

I can only help with intriguing topic matter.....my arse can't remember squat in specifics anymo'
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 07:50 PM by stinkfist.)
10-30-2016 07:49 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
(10-30-2016 12:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  hoping our leadership can collect the monies necessary to put southern miss in the best position possible moving forward....

...lawd jesus hep this ignant man.
10-31-2016 12:35 AM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
(10-30-2016 05:01 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 04:20 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

I agree....just for this conversation, east vs west never mattered once cusa 3.0 happened....

the only thing that mattered was then playing UAB/Tech every year....the west was the logical choice at that point....a line had to be drawn

and we've been given the scheduling gift playing Marshall every year....why WKU/MT isn't in that bunch is what bothers me....

I couldn't give two shites about next week's game outside of getting another W and watching if we can continue to improve as a squad....

it wouldn't bother me if we never played f_u(s), odu, or uncc in pigskin speak unless it was an ooc game

last caveat....el paso is the only one that is farther than most of the east....from us hattiesburglars 03-wink

east division in miles from the 'burg

828 to norfolk

761 to huntington

776 to boca

825 to miami

621 to charlotte

424 to nashville/murfreesboro

west division miles from the 'burg

238 to ruston

233 to b'ham

435 to yugeston

527 to denton

630 to san antonio

lunar trip to almost mexico 03-wink

toss in there are more alumni in the west cities vs the east....

seems pretty simple why we're in the west now....

...I agree, if we moved east those team bus rides would just be killers.
10-31-2016 12:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.