UNT
ODU
Rice
USM
UTEP
UTSA
WKU
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
CUSA.TV Football Broadcast Quality Rankings
Bookmark and Share
devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
CUSA.TV Football Broadcast Quality Rankings
With the first 2 months of the season completed, and I'm wondering what everyone thinks of CUSA.tv streaming.

We're the only FBS conference that charges for streaming (I know the Ivy does in FCS) but are we getting our money's worth?

Obviously this will probably be subjective, but here's my ranking of the teams I've watched:

1. UTSA - TV quality HD broadcast. I think it is for the local CW station, so that would make sense. Easily better than ASN.
2. Charlotte - Video Feed with radio broadcast, Full graphics package, good picture quality
(a large gap)
3. ODU - Video Feed with radio broadcast, minimal graphics (score only) and replays
4. FAU - Jumbotron feed w/ full graphics, no broadcast audio which is something their play by play guy didn't know was happening.
5. Rice - Video Feed with radio broadcast, no graphics, no replay. Consistantly cut to a picture of the score board to update viewers.
6. UTEP - Video Feed with radio broadcast, Feed shows a UTEP logo during stoppages in play and cuts the audio, came back to action 1-2 plays late consistently. Had a scorebug up during 1st half but not the second. (I dropped them 3 spots while watching due to the production issues)
7. WKU - Video Feed with student broadcast, no graphics, bad picture quality
10-29-2016 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: CUSA.TV Football Broadcast Quality Rankings
UTSA's stream quality is the best and I wish ODU stream quality came close to theirs.
10-30-2016 12:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
100% of Marshall's football games were picked up by the television partners, so we don't have a CUSA.tv football production this year, so we get the N/A on this.

Overall, I am not impressed by the overall quality of CUSA.tv, and I've again walked away after an initial purchase. There's a fundamental problem here - I have actually come to expect better quality from available free broadcasts elsewhere. By charging a fee in 2016, I'm expecting professionally produced content - and that's not happening here. This is the model the league has chosen to attempt to monetize the tier 3 games, and I think its a terrible product.
10-30-2016 10:00 AM
bit_9 Offline

I was happy with the quality of feed, it was close to 720 on my tv. But it was basically just a better resolution frontrow feed without the risk of spyware.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
10-30-2016 10:28 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Every home WKU game I watched was in HD, not sure why others didn't have the best results? WKU film crew is some of the best
10-30-2016 10:40 AM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

Wku vs fau was 320x180 resolution at best. And I'm on fios and typically have great latency and feed quality.

10-30-2016 11:01 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2016 11:01 AM)bit_9 Wrote:  Wku vs fau was 320x180 resolution at best. And I'm on fios and typically have great latency and feed quality.

I watched the game in full HD on TV. All WKU games are in HD for our home town, not sure why the streaming is poor.
10-30-2016 12:58 PM
Rojogrande Offline
1st String

WKU film crew does ESPN games, Fox Sports games, and everything else. Half of WKU's student broadcast crew worked the Super Bowl last year as well as several other professional events. WKU has one of the only HD television production trucks in the south. I haven't bothered to watch streaming because our games are always on TV in HD. I am not sure of the disconnect in the streaming service.
10-30-2016 01:44 PM
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

The CUSA.tv streaming is different than WKU's television production team. When I watched the HBU game, it was just the feed from the video board. It wasn't great quality and there were no graphics. I don't know why they didn't have the TV crew working to do the streaming broadcast.
10-30-2016 02:42 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

(10-30-2016 12:58 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 11:01 AM)bit_9 Wrote:  Wku vs fau was 320x180 resolution at best. And I'm on fios and typically have great latency and feed quality.

I watched the game in full HD on TV. All WKU games are in HD for our home town, not sure why the streaming is poor.
Weird. On cusa tv it was the video board feed it seemed. No graphics except a tiny little box on the right bottom with scores.

10-30-2016 04:09 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

UTEP has to be the worst. I think the announcing crew took an extended bathroom break at the beginning of the 4th quarter; I didnt think they were coming back. The replays were minimal. After every break we got the UTEP logo for a play or 3. Then periodically, we would just see the UTEP logo.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2016 09:48 AM by Gilesfan.)
10-30-2016 04:18 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

(10-30-2016 04:18 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  UTEP has to be the worst. I think the officiating crew took an extended bathroom break at the beginning of the 4th quarter; I didnt think they were coming back. The replays were minimal. After every break we got the UTEP logo for a play or 3. Then periodically, we would just see the UTEP logo.

I couldn't take it anymore. I turned it off and just listened to the 94.7 stream on my phone.
10-31-2016 09:31 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(10-31-2016 09:31 AM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 04:18 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  UTEP has to be the worst. I think the officiating crew took an extended bathroom break at the beginning of the 4th quarter; I didnt think they were coming back. The replays were minimal. After every break we got the UTEP logo for a play or 3. Then periodically, we would just see the UTEP logo.

I couldn't take it anymore. I turned it off and just listened to the 94.7 stream on my phone.

Thanks to both of you for that feedback. I will forward your posts to UTEP just to shame them a bit. Doubt it will change anything but Miner fans have complained in recent years too.
10-31-2016 09:39 AM
Advertisement

HeadsetGuy Offline
Special Teams

as a sidebar I wish that CUSA.tv would come up with a ROKU channel.
The CAA added one this week.
Free and full of archived action (they promise live games, I'll check that out this weekend)

http://www.caasports.com/news/2016/11/2/...63652.aspx
11-02-2016 04:05 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
Being an UNT fan living in Virginia, I live off the streaming. This year is the first year I've been able to watch every game. I believe UNT does a great job. They seem to be using more cameras than before and getting some great angle for replays. When our stadium was built it was made to be TV friendly. We've heard that a broadcasting crew can come in and setup very quickly compared to many stadiums.

Back to the topic, I've been happy with the streaming for all of our games except for Rice. Rice not only had inconsistent streaming quality but also missed plays, switched to bad camera angles during games (for example, a camera not going downfield enough to show a receiver catching a deep pass). We were told somewhere that Rice had a big turnover in their Media/IT department so that may have been a factor.

I've watched two different UTSA games and that's a quality broadcast with plenty of camera angles. I wouldn't want to listen to those announcers for an entire season, though. What I really love is the camera rolling during the commercial breaks. They show some fun sideline and crowd shots.
11-03-2016 08:16 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I was going to say has WKU had any games on CUSA TV? I have watched all on TV or ESPN3 that I was not attending...
11-03-2016 10:09 AM
Migser31 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
A question was asked on our board about CUSA.tv streaming our local San Antonio CW broadcast of the LATech game on Saturday. Does anyone know how that works? Though we'll have a broadcast team for the game in Ruston, is that the one that gets streamed via CUSA.tv?
11-07-2016 01:18 PM
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2016 10:09 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  I was going to say has WKU had any games on CUSA TV? I have watched all on TV or ESPN3 that I was not attending...

Houston Baptist
11-07-2016 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.