Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

McQueary
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
McQueary
You know, if he had gone to the real police, and been fired for doing so, he should totally be awarded $7M. That's a whistleblower.

But he went to Paterno, called it fondling, essentially sat on what he saw, and got promoted. He's part of the problem.

He got $7M because he said his football coaching career is over. Well, it should be over. That's the price for not properly reporting a crime in order to advance your career. He cast his lot with Paterno, and his career should go down in flames with Paterno's reputation.
10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
RE: McQueary
McQueary gets twice as much money as the boy he saw Sandusky with..
10-28-2016 02:49 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-28-2016 02:26 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  You know, if he had gone to the real police, and been fired for doing so, he should totally be awarded $7M. That's a whistleblower.

But he went to Paterno, called it fondling, essentially sat on what he saw, and got promoted. He's part of the problem.

He got $7M because he said his football coaching career is over. Well, it should be over. That's the price for not properly reporting a crime in order to advance your career. He cast his lot with Paterno, and his career should go down in flames with Paterno's reputation.

And he waited a day before going to Paterno.

To me, he is the closest to pond scum in the whole deal other than Sandusky.
10-28-2016 02:50 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
The only proper response to seeing a grown man penetrating a child or fondling or touching in any sexual manner is to curb stomp the offending adult. The fact that McQueary ran crying to his daddy is reprehensible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2016 04:50 PM by Shannon Panther.)
10-28-2016 04:46 PM
Advertisement

dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(10-28-2016 04:46 PM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  The only proper response to seeing a grown man penetrating a child or fondling or touching in any sexual manner is to curb stomp the offending adult. The fact that McQueary ran crying to his daddy is reprehensible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using CSNbbs mobile app

Agreed
10-28-2016 04:57 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
What a POS
10-28-2016 05:18 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(10-28-2016 02:49 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  McQueary gets twice as much money as the boy he saw Sandusky with..

That's just sad. There are no other words.
10-28-2016 06:24 PM
Advertisement

The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(10-28-2016 02:49 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  McQueary gets twice as much money as the boy he saw Sandusky with..

If ever there was something to be permanently stapled to a person, this about does it.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2016 06:58 PM by The Cutter of Bish.)
10-28-2016 06:56 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
although he deserves his share of criticism, the fact is he did speak up to his supervisor, which is more than others did. he is not the super hero in this story, but he is not the villain either.
10-28-2016 07:29 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-28-2016 07:29 PM)goofus Wrote:  although he deserves his share of criticism, the fact is he did speak up to his supervisor, which is more than others did. he is not the super hero in this story, but he is not the villain either.

He was there and could have identified the boy. Nobody ever did.

He talked to his Dad about whether he should tell anyone at all.

Finally a day later he told Paterno. He did not consider going to the police.
10-28-2016 10:51 PM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(10-28-2016 07:29 PM)goofus Wrote:  although he deserves his share of criticism, the fact is he did speak up to his supervisor, which is more than others did. he is not the super hero in this story, but he is not the villain either.

I don't think that he is *the* villain. I think that he is *a* villain. And there are an unfortunate many in this story, Sandusky being far and away the biggest.

This entire situation is just sad and disappointing.
10-29-2016 07:21 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
There comes a time where you don't worry about the consequences of reporting your boss. This definitely qualifies.

---

McQueary is no victim here (nor did he deserve a dime). Just like the employees at Wells Fargo who are suing them over being pressured to commit identity theft. The threat of losing one's job over pressure to commit a crime (or be an accessory to it) is never an excuse. The proper response - go to the police, then sue the employer. But that being said, he is far lower on the cretin pole than Paterno and the others that were at the top of the pyramid and chose to hide it rather than report it. McQueary did see something, and he did say something. But there's really no excuse for him not going to the criminal authorities.

There are cases where someone who isn't extremely well versed in legal consequences of certain acts can be somewhat forgiven for not understanding the law and inadvertantly being pressured to break a law. Usually those people end up in jail too if they get caught. This case is not one of those cases.

----

One of the best things my dad ever taught me was "You can lose a job...but don't ever lose your career. Sometimes losing your job can be the best case scenario." That advice put in a very good place when I worked at Enron and other energy trading firms in the 90's. I know lots of people who, when presented with the dilemma of finding another job, missing the promotion, or just getting along....chose to just get along. Many got away with it. A surprising large number of them didn't and went to jail or got convicted of felonies.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2016 10:45 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
10-29-2016 10:44 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
It's not like anyone ever wants to witness something like that happen, but at least he did something.

I think him doing this to get something back makes the choice/action he took after what he saw cast him in a less becoming light. Makes a questionable and delayed choice of how to come forward, regrets he could have done more, then goes after the employer for big damages. Yeah, kinda a dirtbag.

If PSU had conventional or logical security measures in place within UP, instead of the ridiculous beaurocracy it had/has, yeah, it would have a right to fire "Red." It didn't when it did, and, again, looks bad in this.

It's a tough one. Bad guy, bad school...guy's probably not going to coach anywhere, and that's not a bad thing, but gets some blood money for the school breaching protocol. Kind of close there with two wrongs making a right.
10-29-2016 11:47 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Please correct me if I'm wrong but this guy...

Saw a young boy being sexually assaulted

Walked away instead of stopping it allowing the sexual assault to continue

Told his immediate superior the next day

Watched nothing happen about what he saw

Stayed with the same employee for several years after

Remained silent until called to testify and only told the truth once under oath

Sued for being let go

Was awarded more in damages than the young boy he left to be sexually assaulted
10-29-2016 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.