Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

How much did Big XII decision play
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
How much did Big XII decision play
How much has the Big XII decision played into the loss of four recruits so far?

Or is it a case of the recruits just changing their minds and/or receiving other offers.

Or to go out on a limb could, the events of last couple of nights and gun fire played into the decision?
10-27-2016 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
RE: How much did Big XII decision play
Big XII, not the other stuff...
10-27-2016 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Going to say it mattered 8. No 2.
10-27-2016 06:08 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Oklahoma started recruiting 1 kid...after previously showing no interest. Cannot blame the kid for getting a better offer.
10-27-2016 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(10-27-2016 06:08 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  Big XII, not the other stuff...

Oklahoma goes after one our recruits and its the 'Big XII, not the other stuff...' lol
10-27-2016 07:05 PM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

We've been out for 5 weeks. Why today.
10-27-2016 07:46 PM
Advertisement

roundhouse74 Offline
Cynic

(10-27-2016 07:46 PM)Briskbas Wrote:  

We've been out for 5 weeks. Why today.

Would yesterday or tomorrow be better?
10-27-2016 07:51 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

This is the way it always works for G5 schools that recruit well early. It's the falling dominoes effect where the good P5 programs are still sorting out their needs vs eligibility & once they start making offers to compensate for ineligibility of earlier commits they pick off some of the top level G5 recruit commitments. We haven't seen this much in the past because we've never had a staff recruit this well, especially early.
10-27-2016 07:51 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

Decommits 100% B12 fallout.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016 08:00 PM by 80sTiger.)
10-27-2016 07:59 PM
Julian Offline
1st String

It's pretty obvious that B12 fallout had a lot to do with it. Why did all others decommits happen right after?
10-27-2016 08:21 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(10-27-2016 05:59 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  How much has the Big XII decision played into the loss of four recruits so far?

Or is it a case of the recruits just changing their minds and/or receiving other offers.

Or to go out on a limb could, the events of last couple of nights and gun fire played into the decision?

uh, they have okla and okla st involved now........end of story
10-27-2016 10:18 PM
Advertisement

TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(10-27-2016 05:59 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  How much has the Big XII decision played into the loss of four recruits so far?

02-13-banana I know, I know. Answer C, all of the above.
10-28-2016 05:29 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
RC's incompetence was the gift that keeps on giving.
10-28-2016 06:11 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(10-27-2016 07:51 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  This is the way it always works for G5 schools that recruit well early. It's the falling dominoes effect where the good P5 programs are still sorting out their needs vs eligibility & once they start making offers to compensate for ineligibility of earlier commits they pick off some of the top level G5 recruit commitments. We haven't seen this much in the past because we've never had a staff recruit this well, especially early.

Exactly. It likely has very little, if any, to do with the Big 12 situation. If you follow recruiting outside of Memphis then you know this is pretty common. These are 17 and 18 year old kids who minds change constantly. These are also kids who the staff did a good job of identifying as G5 talented early on. The hope is that you offer early, they commit and they stick with the commitment. However, the reality is that most commits to us would reconsider if a top tier P5 program came calling. But this also happens to low and mid level P5 schools. Arkansas loses 3 or 4 kids a year in a very similar fashion where they get the commitment early but then Alabama or Ohio State comes calling and boom the kid decommits for a better offer. Norvell and Co. have done an excellent job recruiting, they will replace these recruits with other high quality players.
10-28-2016 07:16 AM
dcg141 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Leaving the AAC
We didn't tell them about our new media deal?
10-28-2016 07:36 AM
TigerRob Offline
Bench Warmer

Had nothing to do with B12 and even if we got invited to B12 this would have happened. Oklahoma missed out on some recruits and now has some interest in one that had committed to us. Two of the other recruits are his friends and were going to follow him here.
10-28-2016 08:28 AM
Advertisement

DDrum1961 Offline
1st String

(10-28-2016 07:16 AM)Tygrys Wrote:  
(10-27-2016 07:51 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  This is the way it always works for G5 schools that recruit well early. It's the falling dominoes effect where the good P5 programs are still sorting out their needs vs eligibility & once they start making offers to compensate for ineligibility of earlier commits they pick off some of the top level G5 recruit commitments. We haven't seen this much in the past because we've never had a staff recruit this well, especially early.

Exactly. It likely has very little, if any, to do with the Big 12 situation. If you follow recruiting outside of Memphis then you know this is pretty common. These are 17 and 18 year old kids who minds change constantly. These are also kids who the staff did a good job of identifying as G5 talented early on. The hope is that you offer early, they commit and they stick with the commitment. However, the reality is that most commits to us would reconsider if a top tier P5 program came calling. But this also happens to low and mid level P5 schools. Arkansas loses 3 or 4 kids a year in a very similar fashion where they get the commitment early but then Alabama or Ohio State comes calling and boom the kid decommits for a better offer. Norvell and Co. have done an excellent job recruiting, they will replace these recruits with other high quality players.

I'm not sure we're totally out with these kids ... I expect the coaches to work towards "re-recruiting" them; showing them that they are still a priority to us ... It may not change their minds, but goes a long way to showing that Memphis is serious about recruiting against the P5 schools ...
10-28-2016 09:01 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(10-27-2016 10:18 PM)btiger Wrote:  

uh, they have okla and okla st involved now........end of story

Lock thread
10-28-2016 09:40 AM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
I told you guys our STAFF had backed off them a bit for a few weeks now.....We have other needs and some guys who have climbed our recruiting board.....Mannie Ford is really turning heads and is a Impact type of Player....Damien DeGruy is a Beast, and you guys go by the Star ranking all you want to, but when a guy like Robinson who is a 5.8 vs DeGruy who is a 5.5 but yet plays tougher Competetion and has that New Orleans Edge that can't be taught....Guy Like Ford who is Athletic Big and Fast, Explosive First step off the line, and has great vision, but didn't go to camps, and only been playing Football 2 years, but is really beginning to put it together now and the talent shows.....Also guys like Ahman Ross and Patrick Howell out of Pearland and again a Few More Surprises for Signing Day....We are Gonna finish Strong and that is a Promise.....#The World Is Ours Memphis....
10-28-2016 09:57 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(10-28-2016 09:57 AM)tigerscane Wrote:  I told you guys our STAFF had backed off them a bit for a few weeks now.....We have other needs and some guys who have climbed our recruiting board.....Mannie Ford is really turning heads and is a Impact type of Player....Damien DeGruy is a Beast, and you guys go by the Star ranking all you want to, but when a guy like Robinson who is a 5.8 vs DeGruy who is a 5.5 but yet plays tougher Competetion and has that New Orleans Edge that can't be taught....Guy Like Ford who is Athletic Big and Fast, Explosive First step off the line, and has great vision, but didn't go to camps, and only been playing Football 2 years, but is really beginning to put it together now and the talent shows.....Also guys like Ahman Ross and Patrick Howell out of Pearland and again a Few More Surprises for Signing Day....We are Gonna finish Strong and that is a Promise.....#The World Is Ours Memphis....

thanks tc. ignore these losers and keep the info coming
10-28-2016 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.