Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just Offered a 6-3 315 Lb. JUCO D-Lineman...
Bookmark and Share
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
Just Offered a 6-3 315 Lb. JUCO D-Lineman...
who originally signed outta HS with Indiana...

More JUCO offers every day....guess the "brain trust" starting seeing what we's been seeing...04-cheers
10-23-2016 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Just Offered a 6-3 315 Lb. JUCO D-Lineman...
this is where I give Hop a pass to date....

the map has been drawn....one is a fool if they don't understand how we need immediate help in the depth category coupled with developing 4/5 yr players....
we don't have S***EarholeCheating 'bility

it's how the divining rod is currently being utilized that is my concern when it comes to finding the water within all the current cast....

we need changes within the asst coaching ranks.....and I mean NEXT YEAR

southern miss has wasted enough time....that is no longer acceptable unless one enjoys losing most years moving forward....

....and we're almost there....
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 03:39 PM by stinkfist.)
10-23-2016 03:34 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2016 03:34 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  this is where I give Hop a pass to date....

the map has been drawn....one is a fool if they don't understand how we need immediate help in the depth category coupled with developing 4/5 yr players....

it's how the divining rod is currently being utilized that is my concern when it comes to finding the water within all the current cast....

southern miss has wasted enough time....that is no longer acceptable unless one enjoys losing most years moving forward....

'xactly, stinky my friend..

The only reason I post these JUCO guys is because we were told earlier that USM would now recruit more "conventionally"....BUT....it is "apparently apparent" Hop sees we aren't as "loaded" as many thought, JUCO's will beef up our undersized lineman and non-talented LB's (hate we lost the kid from NWJC), and, just maybe, Monkie's "unconventional" 'cruitin' his last year might be the norm every year, here on out, for USM. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 04:17 PM by eaglebeaver.)
10-23-2016 04:15 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
I could give a fuzzy rat's a** from where we get our players so long as they can compete with the guys across from them.
10-23-2016 05:13 PM
stinkfist Offline

you know what's really funny about how this board is developing relative to what many already knew???

some of those ep flies that cannot engage in a serious topic with tangible arguments always go into hibernation mode when the discussion gets serious....

playground intellect disclaimer: yeah, that's muh most obvious number one favorite troll baiting redundant attempt 03-wink

it's nice seeing some from our fan base embracing this board for what is best method.....

to the the latter, I say kudos and 04-cheers
10-23-2016 05:29 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2016 05:13 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I could give a fuzzy rat's a** from where we get our players so long as they can compete with the guys across from them.

uh..I don't care where we get em either...Just noticed we are moving back towards a Monkie recruiting strategy than the more traditional one earlier in the year..

Likewise, I could give a warm bucket of s#it whether this discussion is interesting to you or not...04-cheers
10-23-2016 05:47 PM
Advertisement

TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
I've mentioned this recruiting strategy previously. Landscape is changing and quickly. No longer are acres of diamonds available. JUCO recruiting you're getting a proven asset and product not in high demand due to perception. Immediate needs pursue JUCO, working projects go after high school grads.

Must admit, JUCO route one must be carful of the players character.
10-23-2016 06:30 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2016 06:30 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  I've mentioned this recruiting strategy previously. Landscape is changing and quickly. No longer are acres of diamonds available. JUCO recruiting you're getting a proven asset and product not in high demand due to perception. Immediate needs pursue JUCO, working projects go after high school grads.

interesting and thanks..(but not as interesting as calling one "the Chosen One") 04-cheers
10-23-2016 06:54 PM
stinkfist Offline

(10-23-2016 05:47 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 05:13 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I could give a fuzzy rat's a** from where we get our players so long as they can compete with the guys across from them.

uh..I don't care where we get em either...Just noticed we are moving back towards a Monkie recruiting strategy than the more traditional one earlier in the year..

Likewise, I could give a warm bucket of s#it whether this discussion is interesting to you or not...04-cheers

I don't think that was his premise relative to your last statement....

and it would be nice to hear an explanation how southern miss has an advantage going strictly after HS talent when we know our coaching situation is a revolving door package when signed (it doesn't matter if they win or lose.....they leave or will be fired regardless based on w/l%)

I like what Monk started.....Tyndall did the same exact thing (unfortunately, he was a cheatin' lyin' bastage fat tub-0-goo)....so is Doc with transfers....

it's still a sin the personality within this town drove LE away....to add to that point, is much of why Monk jumped ship a year early....yeah, there are things I know too....

maybe I'm misinterpreting the intent in your post.....I've been begging for utilizing the juco strategy long before Monk was hired.....it ranks up there with pining about taking too long to expand the rock and the neglect to the yurt....

I'm a build it, they will come type.....our only downside is unwarranted scrutiny from resident yocals that believe none of the above is best method to grow a product when you don't have a pot to piss in....

that's my 2 pennies in a nutshell....
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 07:56 PM by stinkfist.)
10-23-2016 07:50 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(10-23-2016 06:54 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 06:30 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  I've mentioned this recruiting strategy previously. Landscape is changing and quickly. No longer are acres of diamonds available. JUCO recruiting you're getting a proven asset and product not in high demand due to perception. Immediate needs pursue JUCO, working projects go after high school grads.

interesting and thanks..(but not as interesting as calling one "the Chosen One") 04-cheers

Always method to the madness 04-cheers
10-23-2016 07:55 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(10-23-2016 07:50 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

and it would be nice to hear an explanation how southern miss has an advantage going strictly after HS talent when we know our coaching situation is a revolving door package when signed (it doesn't matter if they win or lose.....they leave or will be fired regardless based on w/l%)

I like what Monk started.....Tyndall did the same exact thing (unfortunately, he was cheatin' lyin' bastage fat tub-0-goo)....so is Dov with transfers....

maybe I'm misinterpreting the intent in your post.....I've been begging for utilizing the juco strategy long before Monk was hired.....it ranks up there with pining about taking too long to expand the rock and the neglect to the yurt....

I'm a build it, they will come type.....our only downside is unwarranted scrutiny from resident yocals that believe none of the above is best method to grow a product when you don't have a pot to piss in....

Spot on!!! Wouldn't think the logic is that difficult to comprehend but for some it is. Rather we like it or not is irrelevant it's the position we find ourselves
10-23-2016 07:57 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(10-23-2016 07:57 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 07:50 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I like what Monk started.....Tyndall did the same exact thing (unfortunately, he was cheatin' lyin' bastage fat tub-0-goo)....so is Dov with transfers....

Spot on!!! Wouldn't think the logic is that difficult to comprehend but for some it is. Rather we like it or not is irrelevant it's the position we find ourselves

it's like the cringe I will silently portray when I vote for Trump....love the map he laid out yesterday, but wouldn't think about buying him a beer on any occasion...and there is no question I cannot prescribe to the entitlement planning that destroys growth the libtards portray as best method....

it's surreal and ironic looking at the historical brain trust psychology in this town relative to southern miss athletics....

I don't have to like you personally to like how one's goal is to adapt and strive to achieve continued success....it's the planning short and long term that I base my decision making on when accepting how that can be achieved....

too many now get caught up in all the stupid shite the media portrays as fact.....all that does is yield to line 1b in my sig....
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 08:10 PM by stinkfist.)
10-23-2016 08:07 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I wasn't crapping on the thread, just agreeing with you & stinky.
10-23-2016 08:24 PM
99beers Offline
Banned

I Root For: So Miss
Bottom line on juco boys. They must be able to start and contribute immediately. Period. Monk didn't do so well at that.
10-23-2016 09:32 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(10-23-2016 09:32 PM)99beers Wrote:  Bottom line on juco boys. They must be able to start and contribute immediately. Period. Monk didn't do so well at that.

I thought he did just fine at that. as well as with the P5 transfers. we need more of both. ever heard of Mike Thomas btw?
10-23-2016 09:59 PM
mlytc Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-23-2016 09:59 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 09:32 PM)99beers Wrote:  Bottom line on juco boys. They must be able to start and contribute immediately. Period. Monk didn't do so well at that.

I thought he did just fine at that. as well as with the P5 transfers. we need more of both. ever heard of Mike Thomas btw?

He brought in several that failed to perform, though. Mike Thomas was a special guy but look at Bridgford from Cal, Matthews from TCU and some linemen and LBs that fell flat on their faces.
10-23-2016 10:16 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(10-23-2016 10:16 PM)mlytc Wrote:  

He brought in several that failed to perform, though. Mike Thomas was a special guy but look at Bridgford from Cal, Matthews from TCU and some linemen and LBs that fell flat on their faces.

sure. but imagine what the team would look like without d'nerius antoine, devonta foster, allenzae staggers, elijah parker and sherrof ruff to name a few. think about that a second. id say he did alright. but yeah, we need to make the most of the JUCO guys. def need them to contribute. id like to see more P5 transfers.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 10:35 PM by Reggie Favre.)
10-23-2016 10:22 PM
stinkfist Offline

'15 was his best.....

it's our last recruiting tool where we have an advantage to help achieve a nice mix of 3/2 stars out of HS...

"aardvarking" (nsfw...so don't google if'n you can't handle stuff like that) is the urban term that comes to mind when I hear we don't recruit mostly HS talent....those days are over if we want to compete both on the turf and the hardwood....

people need to look at what southern miss is now up against before making blanket statements that have no chance of success moving forward....

it's tough operating under the radar in today's world....
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 07:26 AM by stinkfist.)
10-24-2016 07:23 AM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(10-23-2016 10:22 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 10:16 PM)mlytc Wrote:  

sure. but imagine what the team would look like without d'nerius antoine, devonta foster, allenzae staggers, elijah parker and sherrof ruff to name a few. think about that a second. id say he did alright. but yeah, we need to make the most of the JUCO guys. def need them to contribute. id like to see more P5 transfers.

I would also add Russell, Bolton and Swain. Those guys contributed a lot and added a lot of size to the middle of the defense. I think JUCO recruiting is hit or miss (as is HS recruiting). You only take guys with 1 year left if they can be immediate help (note players I listed). You can also go after guys with 2-3 years to give and hope they blossom within a year or so (Mike Thomas, Casey Martin).
10-24-2016 09:32 AM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(10-23-2016 03:34 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  this is where I give Hop a pass to date....

Just for conversation's sake, do you think Hopson would cut a coach loose after one year as an assistant?

We saw how reluctant Fedora was to let Bradford go. I'm sure it is a difficult task to fire an assistant. I just wonder if he would do it after one season.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 09:35 AM by eagle04.)
10-24-2016 09:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.