Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: Miami
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Game Week: Miami
After playing our toughest opponents, Mizzou, Toledo and Western, we get to the stretch run for the 2016 season. Hard to believe the season is 2/3s over. 03-weeping

I continued to be amazed at the players stepping up this season. Porter stepped up at QB and then Roback. At RB it has been by committee as one steps up for another.

The Toledo and WMU games were fun, to see if we could hang with really good teams. We did.

Now it is time to move from 'moral victories' to the actual victories which will put us into the bowl game season.

Don't know much about Miami, other than they are on a one-game winning streak. Have been distracted by teams named Toledo, Ohio and Western...
10-23-2016 01:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: Miami
Amen, Steve. Time to show that we are for real.

Miami is actually on a two game winning streak (Kent last week and BGSU this week). It's hard to tell how good they are, because the MAC East is kind of a mess, but they shouldn't be taken lightly. They ran a lot of misdirections and jet sweeps against us last season, and we had no answer for them. Our run D is a lot better this year, and I think our offense should keep humming. Let's get to bowl eligibility!
10-23-2016 07:01 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

This is a huge game for EMU.
10-23-2016 07:05 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-23-2016 07:01 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  Miami is actually on a two game winning streak (Kent last week and BGSU this week)...

See, I told you I haven't been really following them... 03-lmfao
10-23-2016 07:13 AM
emu_fan101 Offline
Water Engineer

Hope there's a good turnout for the game. A couple friends of mine who go to U of M are planning on going to the game this Saturday. Let's get win number 6!
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 10:03 AM by emu_fan101.)
10-23-2016 10:03 AM
masttg Offline
1st String

I will be tailgating. Need to pick up this W.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
10-23-2016 10:22 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Its great to see Ross Williams, Spearman and Browning back. Looks like Dawson is out. My biggest concern is at RB, we know Vann is out for the year, status on Banham's injury unknown, Eriksen appears to be out what's the timetable for his return? We are now down to apparently 3 healthy RBs which includes a very good walk on. That is concerning. While Roback has been doing well, I believe Todd Porter is back and available if needed.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 11:00 AM by emu79.)
10-23-2016 10:59 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2016 10:59 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Its great to see Ross Williams, Spearman and Browning back. Looks like Dawson is out. My biggest concern is at RB, we know Vann is out for the year, status on Banham's injury unknown, Eriksen appears to be out what's the timetable for his return? We are now down to apparently 3 healthy RBs which includes a very good walk on. That is concerning. While Roback has been doing well, I believe Todd Porter is back and available if needed.
Good question about injuries. Nice that some have returned but need to get those RBs back. Erickson looked like he had a hand or arm injury late in the Ohio game. Need Banham back for the return game.
10-23-2016 11:04 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

We need to seal the deal at home
10-23-2016 06:49 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Like to see a good sized home crowd to hopefully witness history
10-24-2016 10:00 AM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

This game is starting to scare me just in time for Halloween. Miami put up 40+ last week and has won two in a row. Sounds like BG's turnovers helped quite a bit, but we can't afford a poor effort to start and finish with a W.
10-24-2016 10:36 AM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2016 10:36 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  This game is starting to scare me just in time for Halloween. Miami put up 40+ last week and has won two in a row. Sounds like BG's turnovers helped quite a bit, but we can't afford a poor effort to start and finish with a W.
Agree. EMU needs to play a great game on Saturday. Hope to see the same offensive strategy. I like the way Deboer has mixed it up with the play calling.
10-24-2016 11:44 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-24-2016 10:36 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  This game is starting to scare me just in time for Halloween. Miami put up 40+ last week and has won two in a row. Sounds like BG's turnovers helped quite a bit, but we can't afford a poor effort to start and finish with a W.

What we have to watch for is a let down after so many tough games against the likes of Toledo, Ohio, Western...

Miami is playing better and we've only had one bad game (vs. Mizzou).

And yes, it scares me too.
10-24-2016 11:53 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-24-2016 11:53 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

What we have to watch for is a let down after so many tough games against the likes of Toledo, Ohio, Western...

Miami is playing better and we've only had one bad game (vs. Mizzou).

Actually all the remaining games look tougher than they did three weeks ago
And yes, it scares me too.
10-24-2016 12:32 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

The word 'letdown' comes to mind.

IF we hit on all cyclinders and win Saturday maybe the election night game vs. BSU will be a letdown game.

Letdowns happen. Upsets happen. There were so good ones this past weekend including Penn State over Ohio State.
10-24-2016 12:43 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

EMU is a 7 point favorite.

"Line: EMU -7.0"
10-24-2016 06:42 PM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

In today's press conference, Creighton says they expect to have Banham back "at some point," and "absolutely expect" to have Eriksen back too.

My guess is we'll see limited amounts of Eriksen either this week or next. Banham will probably still be another week or two.
10-24-2016 08:03 PM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(10-24-2016 08:03 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  In today's press conference, Creighton says they expect to have Banham back "at some point," and "absolutely expect" to have Eriksen back too.

My guess is we'll see limited amounts of Eriksen either this week or next. Banham will probably still be another week or two.

We are surprisingly deep at RB, but if we lose one more I think we become too pass-heavy.

Parker looks good for a 1st year back. Turner needs to hang on to the rock. Getting Erickson and Banham back will bring the physical side of the running game back. With Vann next year we will have an extremely good group of backs.

WRs are exceeding expectations - no complaints here. DeBoer is a very good coordinator - fitting all these players together has been fun to watch.
10-24-2016 08:17 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Lots of quotes from Roback in this story on his growth.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/.../92704500/
10-24-2016 08:22 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

I watched CC's press conference today with Cole Gardner.
- Miami has their QB back and he played very well last weekend.
- CC says that M has the league's best defense.
- They talked about Gardner's catch against WMU, but didn't explain the flag that called it back. Anyone know what happened.
10-24-2016 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.