Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte Fans
Bookmark and Share
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Charlotte Fans
I haven't been posting here much lately.

Partly because Marshall sucks, and partly because of a busy life.

Having said that, I came here just to eat my crow and give you guys the props you deserve. You not only beat us in our own house, but you out played us. Your guys wanted it more and your coaching staff out coached ours.

Congrats and safe travels for your team back to Charlotte.
10-22-2016 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EdM Offline
1st String

RE: Charlotte Fans
I'll second this. Congrats to the 49ers. Enjoy the win, and remember as you celebrate, drink responsibly. I'm pretty sure I won't, so at least one of us should!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
10-22-2016 08:11 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Nice of you guys to say. Perhaps Charlotte actually DOES belong in C-USA?
10-22-2016 08:13 PM
Cnelson203 Online
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Well you are sitting at 2-2 in conference, so I'd say that , yeah, you belong. Congratulations 49ers.
10-22-2016 08:16 PM
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(10-22-2016 08:13 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Nice of you guys to say. Perhaps Charlotte actually DOES belong in C-USA?

Or Marshall doen't. lol
10-22-2016 08:17 PM
itsbraille49 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the prick that sat next to me and wanted to yell in my face for every first down a year ago gets so drunk his house burns down tonight. I just hope the adjacent trailers are left unharmed.
10-22-2016 08:18 PM
Advertisement

Timo99 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-22-2016 08:08 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  I haven't been posting here much lately.

Partly because Marshall sucks, and partly because of a busy life.

Having said that, I came here just to eat my crow and give you guys the props you deserve. You not only beat us in our own house, but you out played us. Your guys wanted it more and your coaching staff out coached ours.

Congrats and safe travels for your team back to Charlotte.

Classy post. Us Charlotte fans are proud to be in the same conference with Marshall, even if you guys are having a down year. That being said, I hope you enjoy your crow. 04-cheers
10-22-2016 08:21 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2016 08:18 PM)itsbraille49 Wrote:  It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the prick that sat next to me and wanted to yell in my face for every first down a year ago gets so drunk his house burns down tonight. I just hope the adjacent trailers are left unharmed.

03-lmfao hate post of the year right here.
10-22-2016 08:22 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I honor of our first signature win in C-USA (no offense FAU) I present:

The Marshall Ladies Swim Team Dancing Carrots:

COGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGS
10-22-2016 08:37 PM
Von-Bek Offline
1st String

GG 9'er fans, your team played very well and deserved the win. That QB is going to be something else if he stays healthy. GL the rest of the season.
10-22-2016 09:52 PM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for the post. The Marshall fans were awesome, your reputation for hospitality is well deserved. The facility is fantastic, and I think this will be a trip I make every time we play here. In Between bar is a lot a fun too 03-wink.

What a night, we still have a way to go, but tonight I feel like we've finally arrived.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 10:10 PM by chidave.)
10-22-2016 10:09 PM
Advertisement

FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

(10-22-2016 10:09 PM)chidave Wrote:  Thanks for the post. The Marshall fans were awesome, your reputation for hospitality is well deserved. The facility is fantastic, and I think this will be a trip I make every time we play here. In Between bar is a lot a fun too 03-wink.

What a night, we still have a way to go, but tonight I feel like we've finally arrived.

Glad you made the trip and thanks for the kind words.

We honestly take pride in treating visiting fans well.

Did our cheerleaders make it up into the bleachers to greet you guys today? They used to do it every game, but have been told they only get to do it sometimes now.
10-22-2016 10:32 PM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

(10-22-2016 10:32 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 10:09 PM)chidave Wrote:  Thanks for the post. The Marshall fans were awesome, your reputation for hospitality is well deserved. The facility is fantastic, and I think this will be a trip I make every time we play here. In Between bar is a lot a fun too 03-wink.

Glad you made the trip and thanks for the kind words.

We honestly take pride in treating visiting fans well.

Did our cheerleaders make it up into the bleachers to greet you guys today? They used to do it every game, but have been told they only get to do it sometimes now.

Not that I saw (was there @10 minutes before kick-off). That's a pretty cool tradition though.
10-22-2016 10:53 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Congrats 49ers , I'm glad your starting to put things together and I know how those first big wins feel.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 11:04 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
10-22-2016 11:04 PM
ThunderingHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Congrats to the 49ers and the fans. The players did a great job of not folding a few times when Marshall appeared to have momentum. Charlotte's kids and fans had a hunger for success and pure exuberance/excitement after the game. It was refreshing. I didn't see or hear anything bad or unseemly toward Marshall. It was excitement to win.

I miss that feeling. It's special and one you never forget.

This is not a good Marshall team but that doesn't matter. When Marshall beat what became a 1-10 South Carolina team in 1998, I didn't care they didn't have a good season. I still don't. It was when we finally had that marquee I-A victory.

I'm not comparing Marshall to South Carolina, but I am thinking you guys are feeling what we were that night. It's what college football is all about.

Phil Ratliff's wife taught in my community's school system, and his kids were in that system when he was an assistant at Marshall (his daughter came back to go to Homecoming last year). I am thrilled for that family tonight.

Tonight sucks as a Marshall fan, but there's a big part of me, as a fan, can appreciate about tonight. Congrats again, and stay #RockSolid
10-22-2016 11:25 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(10-22-2016 08:17 PM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 08:13 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Nice of you guys to say. Perhaps Charlotte actually DOES belong in C-USA?

Or Marshall doen't. lol

Well we kept you around after going 0-fer two years in a row and almost three, so I feel we have some leeway.

Good game, Charlotte.

PS the people you guys need to direct hate towards will unfortunately not likely be posting in this thread.
10-23-2016 03:42 AM
Advertisement

THUNDER8718 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: HERD
I remember some of our fans talking smack on the Charlotte vs Louisville board. I posted on there be careful of what you say because that could be us. Well look at us now......Hats off to Charlotte, well prepared and looked completely diferent than last year.
10-23-2016 07:29 AM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

(10-23-2016 03:42 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 08:17 PM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  

Or Marshall doen't. lol

Well we kept you around after going 0-fer two years in a row and almost three, so I feel we have some leeway.

Good game, Charlotte.

PS the people you guys need to direct hate towards will unfortunately not likely be posting in this thread.

I'm one of the people they should be directing hate towards. I've been one of the biggest Charlotte haters....but I humbly came here to start this thread and eat my crow.
10-23-2016 08:59 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

The reality is we could actually have been a bowl team this year if the coaching staff started Klugh all year. The team is completely different with him at QB. This may not turn out to be a completely awful loss for Marshall.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 09:09 AM by Niner National.)
10-23-2016 09:07 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Congratulations to Charlotte! No excuses from this Herd fan. You lined up and punched us in the mouth. You guys played with something I wish this Herd team had: Heart. Good luck going forward. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 12:14 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
10-23-2016 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.