Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NYD Bowl
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
NYD Bowl
Nice win by Temple. I love how they run a pro-set offense and have a "downhill running game."

It appears that the East is out of the NYD conversation.

Navy, Memphis, and Houston are the three that are still in competition, and either Navy or Memphis will be eliminated tomorrow.

By my math:

AAC: Navy, Memphis, Houston

CUSA: None

MAC: Western Michigan, Toledo

MW: Boise State, SDSU

Sun Belt: Troy
10-21-2016 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE: NYD Bowl
(10-21-2016 09:20 PM)fanhood Wrote:  Nice win by Temple. I love how they run a pro-set offense and have a "downhill running game."

Navy, Memphis, and Houston are the three that are still in competition, and either Navy or Memphis will be eliminated tomorrow.

By my math:

You're kidding about Troy, San Diego State, and Toledo aren't you? San Diego State lost to 3 and 4 South Alabama, which should eliminate any G5 contender even after beating 3 and 3 Cal. Toledo best win was 5 and 2 Eastern Michigan, lost to a 4 and 4 team but beat a couple of 1 and 6 teams. Of course Troy plays in the worst FBS conference as far as competition goes, and it's not even close. They beat no one but granted they did play well at Clemson.

Outside the AAC I see Boise and Western Michigan as the two threats.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 10:44 PM by sfink16.)
10-21-2016 10:42 PM
fanhood Offline
All American

(10-21-2016 10:42 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  
(10-21-2016 09:20 PM)fanhood Wrote:  Nice win by Temple. I love how they run a pro-set offense and have a "downhill running game."

By my math:

You're kidding about Troy, San Diego State, and Toledo aren't you? San Diego State lost to 3 and 4 South Alabama, which should eliminate any G5 contender even after beating 3 and 3 Cal. Toledo best win was 5 and 2 Eastern Michigan, lost to a 4 and 4 team but beat a couple of 1 and 6 teams. Of course Troy plays in the worst FBS conference as far as competition goes, and it's not even close. They beat no one but granted they did play well at Clemson.

You are forgetting that only the Champions will be considered. Let's say that Navy goes 10-3, you don't think that a 12-1 Troy or 12-1 SDSU or 12-1 Toledo gets in ahead of them? Toledo would have a win over a ranked Western Michigan, and SDSU would have beaten Boise State on the road. If you cannot see how that would happen, I am not sure what to say.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 11:28 PM by fanhood.)
10-21-2016 11:27 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
NYD Bowl
(10-21-2016 11:27 PM)fanhood Wrote:  

By my math:

You are forgetting that only the Champions will be considered. Let's say that Navy goes 10-3, you don't think that a 12-1 Troy or 12-1 SDSU or 12-1 Toledo gets in ahead of them? Toledo would have a win over a ranked Western Michigan, and SDSU would have beaten Boise State on the road. If you cannot see how that would happen, I am not sure what to say.

Nope strength of schedule is number 1 Troy's is to weak to justify putting them ahead of any g-5 team champion.
10-21-2016 11:43 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

By my math:

Troy should have beaten Clempson. They beat South Alabama. They could beat any team in the AAC. Attendance for Troy-South was 30,000+ on Thursday night.

So until Troy loses, they still play App, GA Southern and Arkansas state. Yeah if they win the Sunbelt and don't lose again they could get in. Until it's impossible it's possible.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 11:45 PM by shere khan.)
10-21-2016 11:44 PM
PonyUpTempo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: SMU
Now that Boise got past BYU, the AAC is in serious danger of losing the NYD bowl to the MWC. Even if both Houston and Navy win out, Boise might still be ranked ahead of Navy. It wouldn't matter that Houston would be ranked ahead of Boise because they wouldn't be conference champion.
10-21-2016 11:50 PM
Advertisement

sfink16 Offline
All American

(10-21-2016 11:27 PM)fanhood Wrote:  You are forgetting that only the Champions will be considered. Let's say that Navy goes 10-3, you don't think that a 12-1 Troy or 12-1 SDSU or 12-1 Toledo gets in ahead of them? Toledo would have a win over a ranked Western Michigan, and SDSU would have beaten Boise State on the road. If you cannot see how that would happen, I am not sure what to say.

Why are making assumptions of Navy being 10-3? That assumption leaves too many other assumptions. In order for them to be 10-3 then the assumption is that Memphis would be 1 of their losses. That That would most likely lead to a ranked Memphis team playing a highly ranked Houston team for the final regular season game to win the west division. Both already have P5 wins, including Houston's ranked Oklahoma, something no other G5 team can say. Memphis would have beaten a good South Florida team.

Sorry, that loss to FCS equivalent South Alabama by SDST, eliminates them, period. Even a win against Boise State doesn't overcome that. Look at the rest of their schedule. Same with Toledo and Troy, their schedules suck.
10-22-2016 09:00 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Right now
Boise,Navy, Western Michigan are the big contenders
Houston,Memphis,Troy,SDSU are the next in line

But since it has to be a champion there could be shockers in the championship games. Does SunBelt have a championship game?
10-22-2016 09:05 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU

By my math:

SDSU lol.Committee will not even discuss them because of loss to South Alabama.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 10:49 AM by baruna falls.)
10-22-2016 10:48 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-22-2016 09:05 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  Right now
Boise,Navy, Western Michigan are the big contenders
Houston,Memphis,Troy,SDSU are the next in line

But since it has to be a champion there could be shockers in the championship games. Does SunBelt have a championship game?

I think they do, but if you play a game that no one sees or hears, did you really play it.05-stirthepot
10-22-2016 11:03 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 10:48 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  

By my math:

SDSU lol.Committee will not even discuss them because of loss to South Alabama.

You are going to be in for a shock. A 12-1 SDSU with a win over a Top 10 Boise team gets into the NYD Bowl, with a simple Western Michigan loss. Sorry.
10-22-2016 11:25 AM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 09:00 AM)sfink16 Wrote:  
(10-21-2016 11:27 PM)fanhood Wrote:  You are forgetting that only the Champions will be considered. Let's say that Navy goes 10-3, you don't think that a 12-1 Troy or 12-1 SDSU or 12-1 Toledo gets in ahead of them? Toledo would have a win over a ranked Western Michigan, and SDSU would have beaten Boise State on the road. If you cannot see how that would happen, I am not sure what to say.

Why are making assumptions of Navy being 10-3? That assumption leaves too many other assumptions. In order for them to be 10-3 then the assumption is that Memphis would be 1 of their losses. That That would most likely lead to a ranked Memphis team playing a highly ranked Houston team for the final regular season game to win the west division. Both already have P5 wins, including Houston's ranked Oklahoma, something no other G5 team can say. Memphis would have beaten a good South Florida team.

Sorry, that loss to FCS equivalent South Alabama by SDST, eliminates them, period. Even a win against Boise State doesn't overcome that. Look at the rest of their schedule. Same with Toledo and Troy, their schedules suck.

Navy at 11-2 is unlikely to get in. They will surely lose to ND. Sorry man.

If the MW is so bad, and Navy lost to the MW's 4th or 5th best team, what does that say about Navy?
10-22-2016 11:27 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
usf isnt out, just needs help

wmu has to lose, temple has to lose, boise has to lose twice..houston has to winout

usf still has 2 games vs 2 top 25
10-22-2016 11:34 AM
sfink16 Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 11:25 AM)fanhood Wrote:  You are going to be in for a shock. A 12-1 SDSU with a win over a Top 10 Boise team gets into the NYD Bowl, with a simple Western Michigan loss. Sorry.

To be a fan of a team is one thing but to be a blind/dishonest fan in another. Lets look at their last 5 opponents.

Northern Illinois 1-6
South Alabama 3-4 (and lost)
UNLV 3-4
Fresno State 1-6
San Jose State 2-6

That "Murderers Row" accounts for an opponents record of 10-26. I bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with a 5 game stretch that is worse then that!!!!
10-22-2016 11:35 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(10-22-2016 11:27 AM)fanhood Wrote:  

If the MW is so bad, and Navy lost to the MW's 4th or 5th best team, what does that say about Navy?

ND isn't good this year, they have losses to duke/ncstate

and it says air force and navy is a rivalry game where anything can happen
and navy is adjusting a new qb
10-22-2016 11:38 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 11:38 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 11:27 AM)fanhood Wrote:  

ND isn't good this year, they have losses to duke/ncstate

and it says air force and navy is a rivalry game where anything can happen
and navy is adjusting a new qb

Agreed ND is not very good. However, looking at historical records it is fair to assume a Navy loss.
10-22-2016 11:41 AM
Advertisement

sfink16 Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 11:27 AM)fanhood Wrote:  Navy at 11-2 is unlikely to get in. They will surely lose to ND. Sorry man.

The committee, by definition of what they have said in the past, looks at the power of the schedule. Navy will have played Memphis, Houston, Tulsa, and Air force. That is much better competition then the 10-26 for the last 5 games that SDST has played.
10-22-2016 11:43 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 11:35 AM)sfink16 Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 11:25 AM)fanhood Wrote:  You are going to be in for a shock. A 12-1 SDSU with a win over a Top 10 Boise team gets into the NYD Bowl, with a simple Western Michigan loss. Sorry.

To be a fan of a team is one thing but to be a blind/dishonest fan in another. Lets look at their last 5 opponents.

Northern Illinois 1-6
South Alabama 3-4 (and lost)
UNLV 3-4
Fresno State 1-6
San Jose State 2-6

That "Murderers Row" accounts for an opponents record of 10-26. I bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with a 5 game stretch that is worse then that!!!!

I am not being blind or dishonest. SDSU's opponents have not been good. The Cal win is the only one that is impressive.

With that being said, I am simply pointing out that the NYD Bowl is still a possibility for many teams, since at the end of the day, only five teams will be considered.

A three loss, or even two loss team is unlikely to get in in front of a team with a better record. Furthermore, contrary to what some have inferred on this board, the AAC schedule does not equate to a murderers row either.

My initial post simply pointed out the teams that were still in consideration.
10-22-2016 11:45 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 11:43 AM)sfink16 Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 11:27 AM)fanhood Wrote:  Navy at 11-2 is unlikely to get in. They will surely lose to ND. Sorry man.

The committee, by definition of what they have said in the past, looks at the power of the schedule. Navy will have played Memphis, Houston, Tulsa, and Air force. That is much better competition then the 10-26 for the last 5 games that SDST has played.

Do they get credit for losing to Air Force by three touchdowns? Air Force is currently 1-2 in the conference that you are maligning. If so, great. However, you then have to give credence to the team that won that very same conference.

Furthermore, two of Tulsa's four wins are against the same teams that SDSU has beat. The other two wins are against NC A&T and a bad SMU team. The combine record of the FBS teams that Tulsa has beaten is 5-16. What, do they get credit for losing 48-3 to Ohio State? C'mon man.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 11:50 AM by fanhood.)
10-22-2016 11:47 AM
sfink16 Offline
All American

(10-22-2016 11:41 AM)fanhood Wrote:  Agreed ND is not very good. However, looking at historical records it is fair to assume a Navy loss.

Navy has a better chance of losing to 4-2 Army then ND.
10-22-2016 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.