Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State if Quarterback position for next season
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Hare and Maddie are gone.Graham, Santa, Childers and Thompson are on scholarship. We have two recruits committed. I would not be surprised if JC QB signed. Graham is ok at best and Santa can't beat him out.
You need a stud QB to win in college. Do we have on in the roster
10-20-2016 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: State if Quarterback position for next season
Tough to tell, we have a coaching staff than cannot evaluate talent and that will not give any of the back-ups reps to help give them some experience for the coming year.
10-20-2016 12:22 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Hire a QB coach, and have him go all out on grooming Tommy Mister. He ran the exact same offense as Lynch did in HS. Kenny G is gone next year, if we can get the Oline back to dominating up front, him and Huff together could be a lethal combination. All wed need is Mister to be able to throw it decently just to keep the defenses honest. Pipe dream at this point, but definitely worth a shot IMO. We're in good shape at RB, Mister had a Notre Dame offer coming out of HS, we need him on the field and he could help most at QB

Here are his HS QB highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/621990/5721b...3b5447b3bd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 12:25 PM by NIU32.)
10-20-2016 12:22 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-20-2016 12:22 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Hire a QB coach, and have him go all out on grooming Tommy Mister. He ran the exact same offense as Lynch did in HS. Kenny G is gone next year, if we can get the Oline back to dominating up front, him and Huff together could be a lethal combination. All wed need is Mister to be able to throw it decently just to keep the defenses honest. Pipe dream at this point, but definitely worth a shot IMO. We're in good shape at RB, Mister had a Notre Dame offer coming out of HS, we need him on the field and he could help most at QB

Makes sense. But the question is, will it make sense to Carey, or will we see Graham at QB?
10-20-2016 12:27 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(10-20-2016 12:27 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 12:22 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Hire a QB coach, and have him go all out on grooming Tommy Mister. He ran the exact same offense as Lynch did in HS. Kenny G is gone next year, if we can get the Oline back to dominating up front, him and Huff together could be a lethal combination. All wed need is Mister to be able to throw it decently just to keep the defenses honest. Pipe dream at this point, but definitely worth a shot IMO. We're in good shape at RB, Mister had a Notre Dame offer coming out of HS, we need him on the field and he could help most at QB

Makes sense. But the question is, will it make sense to Carey, or will we see Graham at QB?

The thought of starting Graham over Mister is nauseating. How do we have him on the field over Mister? We need our best athletes on the field and it's our coaching staff's job to make that happen. Huff, Harbiston, and Jones will be the RBs next year. Keep Mister on the bench or USE him!? The freshman QBs will need a year or so to get their bodies ready for college ball. Mister has been in a D1 program 3 years now. He's ready

10-20-2016 12:31 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-20-2016 12:31 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  

The thought of starting Graham over Mister is nauseating. How do we have him on the field over Mister? We need our best athletes on the field and it's our coaching staff's job to make that happen. Huff, Harbiston, and Jones will be the RBs next year. Keep Mister on the bench or USE him!? The freshman QBs will need a year or so to get their bodies ready for college ball. Mister has been in a D1 program 3 years now. He's ready

Of course, this makes all the sense in the world. But, Carey has been known to do things that don't make sense. If he's still around, I am not expecting good things next year.
10-20-2016 12:34 PM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(10-20-2016 12:22 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  Tough to tell, we have a coaching staff than cannot evaluate talent and that will not give any of the back-ups reps to help give them some experience for the coming year.

This. Grad transfer or JUCO is the only way I see for next year. The talent at both of those options will have been somewhat developed, which our coaches don't seem the best at. Need to have someone step in next year and if it is Graham we are in more trouble than this season.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 12:39 PM by HuskiePride12.)
10-20-2016 12:38 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

I think Carey is so averse to potential turnovers that he would probably play Graham instead of a less experienced (though not by much) QB with way more upside.
10-20-2016 01:39 PM
Djud Offline
Special Teams

Everyone was crying for Graham after Wyoming; the opportunity came when Hare went down. When Graham struggled the obvious choice was made; play the experienced QB: Maddie. Everyone was quick to jump on the Maddie bandwagon (for good reason). I think it's understable why we haven't seen the freshmen QB's; so without any of them taking a single snap, the assumption is they are not the answer. I don't get it.
10-20-2016 02:28 PM
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

(10-20-2016 12:22 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Mister had a Notre Dame offer coming out of HS, we need him on the field and he could help most at QB

Very impressive
10-20-2016 03:11 PM
Springfield Soxfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: White Sox
What happened to Poinsettia Bowl MVP Fiedler?
10-20-2016 05:34 PM
Advertisement

NILAW Offline

Great idea! If only our coaches think of it and actually do something that makes sense! Rodney Hall looks like the real deal; however that idea of starting a true freshman at QB is scary - I don't care how good he is and adjusts, there is such a huge difference between high school and D1 football!
10-20-2016 06:16 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Go for a grad transfer. I know this won't be popular but Malik Zaire from ND will probably be available.
10-20-2016 06:53 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(10-20-2016 06:53 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Go for a grad transfer. I know this won't be popular but Malik Zaire from ND will probably be available.

Why on earth would he come to NIU?
10-20-2016 06:56 PM
HuskieJoe Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-20-2016 05:34 PM)Springfield Soxfan Wrote:  What happened to Poinsettia Bowl MVP Fiedler?

Fiedler played in the MACC. Graham was back for the Poinsettia Bowl
10-20-2016 07:54 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(10-20-2016 07:54 PM)HuskieJoe Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 05:34 PM)Springfield Soxfan Wrote:  What happened to Poinsettia Bowl MVP Fiedler?

Fiedler played in the MACC. Graham was back for the Poinsettia Bowl

Fiedler quit football and transferred to Wisconsin just to be student from what I heard.

10-20-2016 08:11 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

It ain't good
10-20-2016 09:09 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(10-20-2016 06:53 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Go for a grad transfer. I know this won't be popular but Malik Zaire from ND will probably be available.

Grad transfer is what I'm hoping for. They need to put in a qb that has prior history of knowing how to play the position and play it decent. Because a decent FBS qb will be better than Graham.
10-20-2016 11:37 PM
Captain Huskie Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-20-2016 12:34 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Of course, this makes all the sense in the world. But, Carey has been known to do things that don't make sense. If he's still around, I am not expecting good things next year.

For all Huskies fans sake, I hope Carey is gone.
10-20-2016 11:41 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
Carey will be back next year.

None of the current Huskie QB's whom I have seen play QB for the Huskies have impressed me much in terms of being able to lead the team back to Detroit. That does not include Mister. I am hoping the Huskies have some secret weapon at QB, who has so far been under wraps, but he will be released on the world next year. I would prefer it be a freshman, whom we can start for four years.
10-21-2016 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.