Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Overzealous Mods? Is this what we want?
Bookmark and Share
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
Overzealous Mods? Is this what we want?
I haven't been on the board a whole lot recently but what is going on here? The board has traditionally been pretty open so that we can post freely but now I come here to find a thread that tells us comments about an NIU Alumni - an actual former WR who played for NIU on the 2003 team and helped NIU to one of its most historic seasons - must all be on just that one thread...that has been judged "inappropriate" for the main board and has been moved to spayed & neutered??!!

We discuss other coaches in the MAC all the time - have done so for years and years. How many discussions did we have about Toledo Tom? LOTS. How many discussions have we had about Illinois & their coaching circus? LOTS (and they're not even in the MAC!)

Right now there is a thread about Purdue firing their coach. I don't have a problem with that thread. If I do I just don't read it.

But threads about an NIU alum - who happens to coach a team in our own conference - is moved to spayed & neutered??? Is this the kind of censorship we want for our board?

It's not what I want for our board but I'm wondering what the rest of you think.

Please weigh in with your thoughts.
10-19-2016 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: Overzealous Mods? Is this what we want?
(10-19-2016 09:19 AM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  I haven't been on the board a whole lot recently but what is going on here? The board has traditionally been pretty open so that we can post freely but now I come here to find a thread that tells us comments about an NIU Alumni - an actual former WR who played for NIU on the 2003 team and helped NIU to one of its most historic seasons - must all be on just that one thread...that has been judged "inappropriate" for the main board and has been moved to spayed & neutered??!!

We discuss other coaches in the MAC all the time - have done so for years and years. How many discussions did we have about Toledo Tom? LOTS. How many discussions have we had about Illinois & their coaching circus? LOTS (and they're not even in the MAC!)

Right now there is a thread about Purdue firing their coach. I don't have a problem with that thread. If I do I just don't read it.

But threads about an NIU alum - who happens to coach a team in our own conference - is moved to spayed & neutered??? Is this the kind of censorship we want for our board?

It's not what I want for our board but I'm wondering what the rest of you think.

I think you should be banned, and this thread should be moved to S & N!!

Just kidding, HFA! I agree with you.
10-19-2016 09:23 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
Have to be able to be impartial. And pretty much sit back & mostly leave the board alone...only step in when it is absolutely necessary.
10-19-2016 09:38 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
There was requests made particularly about that thread from more than one poster, so I simply took the everything PJ thread that you yourself made in the S&N forum and tidied everything up. I'll take it off S&N if that is your gripe my only real goal there was to put the 3 topics on PJ all in one topic... as for moving things, I have typically just responded to the moderation requests of others. Also, cut me some damn slack... I've been at this for like a month and I can't be on as often so I try to get as much as is asked of me as possible when I'm online

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
10-19-2016 09:38 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I've also moved topics when it started turning into political race wars but I don't think that needs as much explanation... there is a spin room for those types of discussions.

10-19-2016 09:41 AM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

But obviously I'm not perfect and I'll work on the feedback, that work for everyone?

10-19-2016 09:47 AM
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(10-19-2016 09:41 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  I've also moved topics when it started turning into political race wars but I don't think that needs as much explanation... there is a spin room for those types of discussions.

politics should be moved. This should be a site to get away from it.
10-19-2016 09:51 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(10-19-2016 09:47 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  But obviously I'm not perfect and I'll work on the feedback, that work for everyone?

I respectfully suggest that we strip off all your clothes, strap you to a board, and display you at the Homecoming game so that posters who are upset with you can flog you publicly. I think a good public whipping is always good to restore one's senses and provide a palliative release for those who you have offended.
10-19-2016 09:57 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
(10-19-2016 09:47 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  But obviously I'm not perfect and I'll work on the feedback, that work for everyone?

03-lmfao

You picked the wrong time to be a mod.....Can't remember when this board has been more dysfunctional.

You're like Rauner trying to clean up Illinois after years of....

See what I did there....05-duck
10-19-2016 10:43 AM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(10-19-2016 10:43 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

03-lmfao

You picked the wrong time to be a mod.....Can't remember when this board has been more dysfunctional.

You're like Rauner trying to clean up Illinois after years of....

See what I did there....05-duck
No kidding -_- can't please everyone...

I get moderation requests and get blasted for addressing them, then if I ignore them I'll get blasted asking what we even have mods for if they don't do anything. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016 10:49 AM by Stay Cool.)
10-19-2016 10:48 AM
thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
You are doing fine. Everyone is a little testy these days. You will never be able to please everyone! We appreciate all your efforts.
10-19-2016 10:56 AM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-19-2016 09:38 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  There was requests made particularly about that thread from more than one poster, so I simply took the everything PJ thread that you yourself made in the S&N forum and tidied everything up. I'll take it off S&N if that is your gripe my only real goal there was to put the 3 topics on PJ all in one topic... as for moving things, I have typically just responded to the moderation requests of others. Also, cut me some damn slack... I've been at this for like a month and I can't be on as often so I try to get as much as is asked of me as possible when I'm online

Those were good calls. And by no means is moving something to S&N "censorship" or whatever. It's just sensible moderation that, in the long run, is better to have.
10-19-2016 01:19 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(10-19-2016 01:19 PM)DogTracks Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 09:38 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  There was requests made particularly about that thread from more than one poster, so I simply took the everything PJ thread that you yourself made in the S&N forum and tidied everything up. I'll take it off S&N if that is your gripe my only real goal there was to put the 3 topics on PJ all in one topic... as for moving things, I have typically just responded to the moderation requests of others. Also, cut me some damn slack... I've been at this for like a month and I can't be on as often so I try to get as much as is asked of me as possible when I'm online

Those were good calls. And by no means is moving something to S&N "censorship" or whatever. It's just sensible moderation that, in the long run, is better to have.
Thank you for your reasonable assessment

10-19-2016 01:32 PM
Advertisement

the_instigator Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: life
Can you create a Maddawgz folder so all his ad nauseum, delusional posts get filter there? It would seriously be a better board if that could be done.
10-19-2016 01:50 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
I blame the mods for us sucking this year.
10-19-2016 02:08 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(10-19-2016 02:08 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  I blame the mods for us sucking this year.

It's my idea each game to call the jet sweeps. 07-coffee3
10-19-2016 02:32 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(10-19-2016 02:32 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 02:08 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  I blame the mods for us sucking this year.

It's my idea each game to call the jet sweeps. 07-coffee3
I personally phoned Rod telling him go for the FG fake last game *high five*

10-19-2016 02:41 PM
Advertisement

NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

(10-19-2016 09:19 AM)HuskieFootball Addict Wrote:  I haven't been on the board a whole lot recently but what is going on here? The board has traditionally been pretty open so that we can post freely but now I come here to find a thread that tells us comments about an NIU Alumni - an actual former WR who played for NIU on the 2003 team and helped NIU to one of its most historic seasons - must all be on just that one thread...that has been judged "inappropriate" for the main board and has been moved to spayed & neutered??!!

What is offensive about the Purdue Coach firing thread? Why single out that topic. I am usually a die-hard Huskie fan, but I guess I must be dead since I gave up on this team, and that is a shame. We can still go 6-6, but what will that get us?
10-19-2016 07:49 PM
VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

If memory serves, you politicked to get the position as moderator, nominated yourself...I think it was even you who started a thread saying this board needs a new moderator. You changed your moniker to the Masked Moderator, for heaven's sake.

So, sorry, I'm not feeling all that sorry for you because you're taking a bit of heat. HuskieFootballAddict is correct, you have been overzealous with inserting yourself into the fabric of this message board.

Are you going to jump to action every time MadDawgz doesn't like a post? What makes message boards interesting and relevant is a variety of opinions on a myriad of topics. Yes, they should have some tangible tie to Northern Illinios University or collegiate sports to be on the main board. However, you're moving topics that do have just that.

A moderator stops flame wars and incendiary posts. A moderator removes blatantly offensive threads. A moderator does not act as a judge and jury to what is acceptable fodder, however, for a message board.
10-20-2016 10:10 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

If someone has a moderation or moderator issue it's best to discuss via PM to the moderators directly. Please do so going forward.
10-20-2016 10:43 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.