Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Report; Aresco will push for Power 6 narrative and may contact ESPN early for money
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
Report; Aresco will push for Power 6 narrative and may contact ESPN early for money
From the Orlando Sentinel today,

"This includes pushing a Power 6 narrative – a strategic initiative put together by officials to showcase the strength of the league and its member schools – showing how the conference deserves to be included in the other autonomous conferences like the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC.

The league has been holding off on such a public push until the end of conference realignment.

Aresco said he spoke to the league members by telephone Tuesday morning and despite what some might think, those conversations went well.

“It hasn’t been awkward talking with them. It’s never been awkward,” he said. “The reason I think it hasn’t been awkward is because we’ve all tried to be sensitive to each other. I’ve tried to empathize with our membership. I understand what they’re going through. I would be going through the same sort of thing if I was in their position. We’ve always had an open dialogue.

The discussions turned to the future – The current TV contract is up in a few years but Aresco said he may reach out to the league’s network partners to discuss a new deal with the hope being to provide more revenue for the AAC’s members."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/co...story.html
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 03:52 PM by baruna falls.)
10-18-2016 03:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3rdWardCoog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UH
RE: Report; Aresco will push for Power 6 narrative and may contact ESPN early for money
"May or maybe" needs to out of his vocal. He must get this done.
10-18-2016 03:50 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

Report; Aresco will push for Power 6 narrative and may contact ESPN early for...
Godspeed Mr. Aresco.
10-18-2016 03:51 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

RE: Report; Aresco will push for Power 6 narrative and may contact ESPN early for money
(10-18-2016 03:44 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  From the Orlando Sentinel today,

"This includes pushing a Power 6 narrative – a strategic initiative put together by officials to showcase the strength of the league and its member schools – showing how the conference deserves to be included in the other autonomous conferences like the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC.

The league has been holding off on such a public push until the end of conference realignment.

Aresco said he spoke to the league members by telephone Tuesday morning and despite what some might think, those conversations went well.

“It hasn’t been awkward talking with them. It’s never been awkward,” he said. “The reason I think it hasn’t been awkward is because we’ve all tried to be sensitive to each other. I’ve tried to empathize with our membership. I understand what they’re going through. I would be going through the same sort of thing if I was in their position. We’ve always had an open dialogue.

The discussions turned to the future – The current TV contract is up in a few years but Aresco said he may reach out to the league’s network partners to discuss a new deal with the hope being to provide more revenue for the AAC’s members."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/co...story.html

Wonder what the Power 6 initiative looks like.
10-18-2016 03:53 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

Report; Aresco will push for Power 6 narrative and may contact ESPN early for...
Gotta get Army & BYU on board.

Most valuable properties out there.
10-18-2016 03:55 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

10-18-2016 04:00 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

Here is some ammunition for Aresco.

1. SEC 40.38
2. Pac12 41.38
3. ACC 42.24
4. Big 10 49.70
5 Big 12 54.58
6 AAC 62.49
7 FBS Indep 79.48
8 MWC 83.91
9 MAC 84.59
10 Sun Belt 90.09
11 CUSA 98.48

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm
10-18-2016 04:07 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

CincyBeerGuru
@CincyBeerGurufrom Twitter49m
@JonSolomonCBS How much $ do you think the AAC can get on the next deal?

JonSolomonCBS
@jonsolfrom Twitter43m
@CincyBeerGuru No idea. It will be interesting. AAC is establishing itself as No. 6, but still far away from Big 12 in eyeballs.
10-18-2016 04:20 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think there are TWO hurdles that Aresco and the AAC need to overcome in the future.
1. TV money
2. Bowl game

These two things separate the AAC from P5
1. We are going to struggle getting P5 money from current TV providers because lack the Big name anchor schools. But if we can get 8-10 million we can still be competitive, he might have to go and take a risk on new providers like Google etc.

2. We need the AAC to get an anchor bowl, maybe the Liberty,Outback, Capital that are based in the home city of one of our schools but to that we will need help from city and also get a partner wether it's Fedex or maybe someone like Underarmor to Adopt the league and put big money for the bowl game and demand as part the the AAC champ goes there with the money they put up a quality P5 opponent cann be gathered.
Maybe get such a deal by having the entire league sign under one provider like Nike,Undearmor etc thus that brand will have an economic tie to the league success
10-18-2016 04:48 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-18-2016 03:50 PM)3rdWardCoog Wrote:  "May or maybe" needs to out of his vocal. He must get this done.

He has no real leverage over ESPN, question is... Is it worth renegotiating to get another 3 to 5 year locked in from their side. My feeling is the longer he waits the more power he has.
10-18-2016 04:58 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
The real question is what will ESPN ask for in return for giving the AAC extra money. Let's face it, our numbers are better than the "G4" because of out teams. For more money for the AAC as it currently stands, they are going to want a grant of rights. How much is a grant of rights worth in our current configuration to ESPN and will that be enough for the members to sign it?
10-18-2016 05:06 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-...ng-power-6

OPen in Incognito mode in Google Chrome if it asks for a subscription
10-18-2016 05:17 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(10-18-2016 04:48 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I think there are TWO hurdles that Aresco and the AAC need to overcome in the future.
1. TV money
2. Bowl game

1. We are going to struggle getting P5 money from current TV providers because lack the Big name anchor schools. But if we can get 8-10 million we can still be competitive, he might have to go and take a risk on new providers like Google etc.

2. We need the AAC to get an anchor bowl, maybe the Liberty,Outback, Capital that are based in the home city of one of our schools but to that we will need help from city and also get a partner wether it's Fedex or maybe someone like Underarmor to Adopt the league and put big money for the bowl game and demand as part the the AAC champ goes there with the money they put up a quality P5 opponent cann be gathered.
Maybe get such a deal by having the entire league sign under one provider like Nike,Undearmor etc thus that brand will have an economic tie to the league success
Good post
10-18-2016 05:43 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I still don't see why adding Army (to get the army/navy game and maybe some sort of deal with CBS) and adding some key MWC teams along with a couple bball onlies is a bad idea.

I think it would be awesome.
10-18-2016 06:02 PM
First Mate Offline
1st String

(10-18-2016 05:43 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  
(10-18-2016 04:48 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I think there are TWO hurdles that Aresco and the AAC need to overcome in the future.
1. TV money
2. Bowl game

Good post

Agree. We need a good anchor bowl for our champion when they aren't in a NY6 or playoff.
10-18-2016 06:07 PM
First Mate Offline
1st String

(10-18-2016 06:02 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I still don't see why adding Army (to get the army/navy game and maybe some sort of deal with CBS) and adding some key MWC teams along with a couple bball onlies is a bad idea.

Totally agree. Don't see how adding Army (prestige/history/fans/tv) and adding a couple extra NCAA caliber teams hurts us.

I can only help.
10-18-2016 06:09 PM
Advertisement

Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
(10-18-2016 06:02 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I still don't see why adding Army (to get the army/navy game and maybe some sort of deal with CBS) and adding some key MWC teams along with a couple bball onlies is a bad idea.

It's not a bad idea, it's that unless the American gets a significantly larger payout on their next media deal they aren't in position to raid the MW. Army could be in whenever they want, they just (to this point) don't want to be.
10-18-2016 06:10 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Bring back angry BC#1
10-18-2016 06:10 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
I'm about ready for us to sign a GOR and extension until around 2025 when the B12 and P12 deals expire if we can get anything over $5-6m per school annually.
10-18-2016 06:52 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
Wichita St. would add value to this league as a non-football school. We should add them as soon as possible I think.
10-18-2016 07:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.