Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Run is Over
Bookmark and Share
AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
The Run is Over
Not feeling very hopeful about the future of our football program. Between this, Tuberville, Bohn, Ono, recruiting, etc, I just don't see how we ever get back on track. What does today mean for the future of the program? Is the run over?

10-17-2016 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kco17 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: The Run is Over
Best thing we can hope for is FCC makes it to the MLS so we can renegotiate the rental agreement.

10-17-2016 03:59 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Run has been over for a while. We just kept the subsidizing and spending to keep the dream alive. Just kept subsidizing and spending to keep the dream alive. I have a feeling UCis in for some significant cost slashing in the very near future.

I feel bad for those folks who have to make the phone calls for club seat renewals about this time next year.

10-17-2016 04:00 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-17-2016 04:00 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Run has been over for a while. We just kept the subsidizing and spending to keep the dream alive. Just kept subsidizing and spending to keep the dream alive. I have a feeling UCis in for some significant cost slashing in the very near future.

I feel bad for those folks who have to make the phone calls for club seat renewals about this time next year.

I feel bad for the girl who called me last night. In hindsight, I probably should not have picked up the phone.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 04:02 PM by bearcatmill.)
10-17-2016 04:02 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(10-17-2016 03:57 PM)AeroCat Wrote:  Not feeling very hopeful about the future of our football program. Between this, Tuberville, Bohn, Ono, recruiting, etc, I just don't see how we ever get back on track. What does today mean for the future of the program? Is the run over?

Unfortunately it appears so. Attendance numbers are going to be scary.

10-17-2016 04:03 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Welp, time for me to go and get another degree at a power 5 conference school. Need to find a new school to root for. I heard Arizona State has good Master's Degree programs on-line.

10-17-2016 04:03 PM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(10-17-2016 04:03 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Welp, time for me to go and get another degree at a power 5 conference school. Need to find a new school to root for. I heard Arizona State has good Master's Degree programs on-line.

Extraordinarily good looking women. Can't say that benefit translates to the online degree program.

10-17-2016 04:08 PM
WalterSobchak Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MY BEARCATS
(10-17-2016 04:03 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Welp, time for me to go and get another degree at a power 5 conference school. Need to find a new school to root for. I heard Arizona State has good Master's Degree programs on-line.

I had the same thought. But then I remembered that 99% of tO$U fans don't have a degree from the school. So don't worry about the degree. I know somebody who picks up cheap shirts of all the P5 teams and pulls out the appropriate shirt after a high profile victory. Especially if it was against tO$U.

10-17-2016 04:33 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
(10-17-2016 04:08 PM)MickMack Wrote:  

Extraordinarily good looking women. Can't say that benefit translates to the online degree program.

I hear there are a lot of good looking women online, if you know the right websites.

10-17-2016 04:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
First we need a new president of the university. Ono made himself the persona of UC. There now is no face of the university. Whomever that is needs to step up and provide leadership. There is no leadership now visible. We are in a world of hurt with multiple problems at the same time.

MAC schools can recruit good teams.

AAC schools can recruit good teams.

CTT has not shown he has a clue in recruiting a good team in the Mid West.

10-17-2016 05:08 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-17-2016 04:42 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

I hear there are a lot of good looking women online, if you know the right websites.

Watch out. Most of them are probably dudes.

10-17-2016 05:11 PM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(10-17-2016 05:11 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(10-17-2016 04:42 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

Watch out. Most of them are probably dudes.

This isn't the Tulsa board.

10-17-2016 05:17 PM
Rational Cat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincy
(10-17-2016 03:59 PM)Kco17 Wrote:  Best thing we can hope for is FCC makes it to the MLS so we can renegotiate the rental agreement.

If FCC makes the MLS, they're waving goodbye to Nippert and UC and building their own facility

I sent one of my kids to ND, so I rooted for them secretly for a while. That hasn't turned out so well, either!

10-17-2016 05:31 PM
uchoops Offline
1st String

I Root For:
AAC has 2 teams ranked in the Top 25 and 2 other getting votes... access to a New Year Days Bowl Game....we stay the path and next round of expansion we have a really good shot....
Go Cats!!

10-17-2016 05:33 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-17-2016 05:33 PM)uchoops Wrote:  AAC has 2 teams ranked in the Top 25 and 2 other getting votes... access to a New Year Days Bowl Game....we stay the path and next round of expansion we have a really good shot....
Go Cats!!

If we stay on the current path with the football program we won't be worthy of a CUSA invite,

10-17-2016 06:25 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Go the Walmart route, as the MAC schools, Dayton, Wright State alums do .. become An Ohio St or Mich fan ... Just head to Walmart to purchase your fandom.

10-17-2016 07:02 PM
Advertisement

Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(10-17-2016 05:33 PM)uchoops Wrote:  AAC has 2 teams ranked in the Top 25 and 2 other getting votes... access to a New Year Days Bowl Game....we stay the path and next round of expansion we have a really good shot....
Go Cats!!

Right, when expansion comes, it will be from the top of the G5. Best to make sure UC is in position.

10-17-2016 07:09 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
Though UC was left behind, my college football interest was successfully realigned into a P5 program today. Major tailgates, national championship implications, access bowl/playoff games, great road trips, and an appearance annually on Gameday.

Come join me to support a new team each week as we root for WPOSU - Whomever Plays Ohio State University. Tough loss for our side last week in overtime. But can't wait for UM to roll the Suckeyes in the Horseshoe.

Membership into this select group requires just a quick stop in the local Walmart in Ann Arbor, Madison, East Lansing, and then some gear for your new team during bowl season.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 09:19 PM by Ragpicker.)
10-17-2016 09:17 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(10-17-2016 09:17 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Though UC was left behind, my college football interest was successfully realigned into a P5 program today. Major tailgates, national championship implications, access bowl/playoff games, great road trips, and an appearance annually on Gameday.

Come join me to support a new team each week as we root for WPOSU - Whomever Plays Ohio State University. Tough loss for our side last week in overtime. But can't wait for UM to roll the Suckeyes in the Horseshoe.

Membership into this select group requires just a quick stop in the local Walmart in Ann Arbor, Madison, East Lansing, and then some gear for your new team during bowl season.

That's even worse than being a UC fan. The best you're going to get in a given year is maybe 2 wins.

10-17-2016 09:26 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(10-17-2016 09:26 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(10-17-2016 09:17 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Though UC was left behind, my college football interest was successfully realigned into a P5 program today. Major tailgates, national championship implications, access bowl/playoff games, great road trips, and an appearance annually on Gameday.

That's even worse than being a UC fan. The best you're going to get in a given year is maybe 2 wins.

But I go to a big boy bowl every year. How fun to be a Tide fan in the Sugar Bowl, or a Washington fan in the Rose Bowl, etc.

And best yet I'm not stuck with one bad coach for years on end.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 09:33 PM by Ragpicker.)
10-17-2016 09:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.