Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: It's over. Big 12 could not reach a consensus on any candidate
Bookmark and Share
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
OT: It's over. Big 12 could not reach a consensus on any candidate
Per ESPN's Jake Trotter
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 09:00 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
10-17-2016 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
RE: It's over. Big 12 could not reach a consensus on any candidate
till next year
10-17-2016 03:17 PM
IoncemetJonVoight Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MT and COOSA
I suppose this is best for CUSA. If nothing else, it exposed that there is some definite talent in the G5.

Big12 seems to have egg on their face right now.
10-17-2016 04:06 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(10-17-2016 04:06 PM)IoncemetJonVoight Wrote:  Big12 seems to have egg on their face right now.
The whole omelette.
10-17-2016 04:30 PM
PaulDel2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sothern Miss
(10-17-2016 04:30 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(10-17-2016 04:06 PM)IoncemetJonVoight Wrote:  Big12 seems to have egg on their face right now.
The whole omelette.

No, the people with egg on their face are the schools who spent money to go begging for inclusion when the Big XII was just trying to gain leverage with the networks for more money.
10-17-2016 05:14 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?!?
10-17-2016 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Actually, they did not discuss ANY candidates according to Boren. YIKES!
10-17-2016 05:41 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I'm glad this is all over. I didn't think the Big12 would expand. After their weak performance in their OOC games, I thought it was even less likely. I'm sure some in C-USA thought this might have been their ticket to the AAC, but I think this was the best outcome for our conference. I'm celebrating this outcome. We need stability.
10-17-2016 05:57 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(10-17-2016 05:22 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?!?

I think this scene adequately describes C-USA now that expansion talk is done for a little while

10-17-2016 06:57 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(10-17-2016 05:14 PM)PaulDel2 Wrote:  
The whole omelette.

No, the people with egg on their face are the schools who spent money to go begging for inclusion when the Big XII was just trying to gain leverage with the networks for more money.

That is not the way the media is spinning this so far, nor should they really. The B12 basically forced programs to beg and then today tried to pretend like they didn't. It's embarrassing and they are honestly a worse run league than the old Big East at this point. Now personally I'm thrilled that they are stupid as it's a great thing for the AAC, but this entire thing was a joke and I hope the media continues to crush them over this.
10-17-2016 08:47 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
BIG 12 looks like a bunch of dummies. A RICH bunch of dummies but...well ya know what I mean.
10-17-2016 09:33 PM
Advertisement

SouthJags2012 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Alabama
If Big 12 isn't gone in 5 years I will be shocked. When Oklahoma and Oklahoma State join the Big 10 and Texas is left on an island then you will see a version of the old SWC form. Texas will probably end up going independent when all is said and done.
10-18-2016 04:53 AM
eco challenged Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-18-2016 04:53 AM)SouthJags2012 Wrote:  If Big 12 isn't gone in 5 years I will be shocked. When Oklahoma and Oklahoma State join the Big 10 and Texas is left on an island then you will see a version of the old SWC form. Texas will probably end up going independent when all is said and done.

Nothing will happen for another 7 or 8 years, as the end of their GOR gets near, then you will see movement in some form.
10-18-2016 08:44 AM
HeadsetGuy Offline
Special Teams

RE: OT: It's over. Big 12 could not reach a consensus on any candidate
I found this an interesting quote on SI
"UConn is one of many schools facing difficult financial decisions, as it’s nearly impossible to fund football on the AAC’s modest television contract. (The AAC deal runs through 2020 and pays just $126 million from ESPN for the entirety of the deal. There’s a secondary deal with CBS, but the spending significantly outweighs the income for most AAC schools.)"

does AAC financing change the future of G5?
10-18-2016 10:50 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(10-18-2016 10:50 AM)HeadsetGuy Wrote:  I found this an interesting quote on SI
"UConn is one of many schools facing difficult financial decisions, as it’s nearly impossible to fund football on the AAC’s modest television contract. (The AAC deal runs through 2020 and pays just $126 million from ESPN for the entirety of the deal. There’s a secondary deal with CBS, but the spending significantly outweighs the income for most AAC schools.)"
does AAC financing change the future of G5?

03-lmfao There are thousands of high schools around the country 'funding' football with NO TV CONTRACT. Cry me a river UConn 03-weeping 03-weeping 03-weeping
10-18-2016 10:54 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
I think, and I suspect I'll be in the minority, that this is a good thing for C-USA. With UAB coming back next year for football, we should be very, very stable for quite a while. That will give us the chance to develop some real rivalries, and establish who the "haves" and "have-nots" are in the league over a long time. That's a good thing, imo.

I certainly think this is the right place for Marshall, and I'm not talking only about this year. The fact is, we have won only one championship out of 3 -- 10 win seasons, won only one game in Texas since we started in C-USA, and since the realignment we've never beaten Western Kentucky and are 1-2 against Middle Tennessee. We've also lost to Rice in a Championship game, and narrowly beat LaTech in our Championship year in a very hard fought contest. There is every real chance we will, this year, lose to top tier teams of Southern Miss, Western Kentucky, and Middle Tennessee, and thankfully, we don't play LaTech this year who is looking pretty solid. From what I've seen, ODU and FIU may be tough outs, too.

So until we can establish MAC type of dominance in football, I don't think any Marshall fan has a right to squawk all that much about C-USA. If you factor in all other sports, our performance has been ho-hum with limited championships. We certainly can't make much of an argument on being somewhere else based on what we did in the 90's.

So one football championship in 3 years, (not counting the previous C-USA years, where we did NOTHING) is not much to brag about. C-USA is just fine for us. We're lucky to be here in my opinion. I love that every other team is gunning for us. That wasn't the case in the last version of C-USA, where we were a middling, or lower, team almost every year.
10-18-2016 01:42 PM
Advertisement

airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
The B12 has just proven itself beyond any doubt to be the biggest dumpster fire in all of FBS. The end is near for these jokers.
10-18-2016 04:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
baruna falls Offline
All American

(10-17-2016 08:47 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(10-17-2016 05:14 PM)PaulDel2 Wrote:  
The whole omelette.

That is not the way the media is spinning this so far, nor should they really. The B12 basically forced programs to beg and then today tried to pretend like they didn't. It's embarrassing and they are honestly a worse run league than the old Big East at this point. Now personally I'm thrilled that they are stupid as it's a great thing for the AAC, but this entire thing was a joke and I hope the media continues to crush them over this.
Agree Bonds, many articles today about AAc and Aresco pushing for more money and P6 status. Hate all you want butbAAC in position of power going forward
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 05:54 PM by baruna falls.)
10-18-2016 05:47 PM
HeadsetGuy Offline
Special Teams

I saw a tweet earlier today (Pat Forde I think), being the sixth Power conference is like 4th place at the Olympics
10-18-2016 05:52 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

[quote='HeadsetGuy' pid='13694061' dateline='1476831164']
I saw a tweet earlier today (Pat Forde I think), being the sixth Power conference is like 4th place

Not really getting that.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 06:05 PM by baruna falls.)
10-18-2016 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.