Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can Houston sneak into the CFBP still?
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Can Houston sneak into the CFBP still?
Obviously lots of help is needed but they're still high in the polls and possibly have two, maybe three ranked teams to play. Can a 1-loss AAC team play for it all?
10-16-2016 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
RE: Can Houston sneak into the CFBP still?
No. Barring some absurd scenario involving the rest of P5 teams having 3-4 losses. The bias is still present

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
10-16-2016 07:20 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Unfortunately for UH, with Navy, & Memphis still undefeated in the AAC west, it doesn't look good for UH to even win the AAC west. And with only a minority chance to win the west, UH will be shut out of the AAC championship with no chance at the NY6 bowl G-5 slot much less the CFBP. If UH continues to win but fails to play for the conference championship there is still a chance to play as an at-large team in another NY6 bowl but even that is doubtful based upon the P-5 bias & leverage on NY6 bowl money - even though UH may deserve better. Just life in the G-5. Lots of bias in play when there is money & standing involved.......
10-16-2016 07:31 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I doubt it but because they're so high, I give it a shot, even if lots of help is needed.
10-16-2016 07:38 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
No
10-16-2016 08:49 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
No
10-16-2016 09:53 PM
Advertisement

Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
[Image: People-Watching-Pigs-Fly-51794.jpg]
10-16-2016 10:49 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
I don't see a very clear way. If Houston was blowing absolutely everyone else out and a ton of losses happened maybe, but from the CFP committee perspective,
1. Houston will have a solid victory over Oklahoma and (in this scenario) Louisville, but lost to Navy and was down to the last seconds with Tulsa (plus any other close games remaining).
2. The teams they are competing with will likely have a stronger combination of wins and be around the same record.
10-16-2016 11:10 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
After yesterday, nope.
10-17-2016 12:10 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
No, and I'll go one further and say that even if they went undefeated, I didn't like their chances.
10-17-2016 01:18 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Houston was from a former P5 conference. Either them, BYU, TCU or New Mexico would have been added instead of Baylor.
10-17-2016 02:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
No.

The question is whether they can sneak into the NY6 still. Their chances there are not great, since they do not control their own destiny to win their own division and beyond the AAC may have to face strong claims from Boise St. and/or WMU.
10-17-2016 04:44 AM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
(10-17-2016 02:35 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Houston was from a former P5 conference. Either them, BYU, TCU or New Mexico would have been added instead of Baylor.

so you are saying that New Mexico that has a 3-3 record would have a better shot at making the playoffs this year because dem coogs doh use to be in the SWC back when there were not things called "power conferences" and there would have been more than 5 of them if there were

oh wait you do not even have a clue what you are posting about or responding to

this is why you should not post when you are watching Ow My Balls.....you get distracted with all of your laughing and lose your train wreck of thought
10-17-2016 06:28 AM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
(10-17-2016 04:44 AM)BruceMcF Wrote:  No.

The question is whether they can sneak into the NY6 still. Their chances there are not great, since they do not control their own destiny to win their own division and beyond the AAC may have to face strong claims from Boise St. and/or WMU.

On making a NY6, I say it is possible, but think the comittee will have them ranked lower than polls now. The Oklahoma game was a long time ago and last two weeks have not helped the cause. They still can, but must look like a top team to do it and a bit of luck (less than being top 4 though).
10-17-2016 06:53 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(10-17-2016 06:53 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  On making a NY6, I say it is possible, but think the comittee will have them ranked lower than polls now.
If they can't make up the ground in their division, it won't matter how they are ranked, since the Go5 Access Bowl school is the highest ranked among Go5 Conference Champions, and if they don't make up ground in their division, they aren't going to the American CCG.
10-17-2016 07:51 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(10-16-2016 07:15 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Obviously lots of help is needed but they're still high in the polls and possibly have two, maybe three ranked teams to play. Can a 1-loss AAC team play for it all?

No, especially not with barely squeaking by Tulsa. They only had a .001% chance before that game, zero after.
10-17-2016 07:58 AM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Lots of football to be played. Lots of teams can lose and Tulsa can finish 10-2. We'll see how it plays out.
10-17-2016 08:03 AM
C00G Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston
Navy still has vs Memphis and a short week to prepare for @ USF. They also still have vs Tulsa and @ ECU. Plenty of chances for them to drop 2 conference games.

How could Houston still make the playoffs? Go undefeated the rest of the season, Navy drops at least 2 conference games, Houston wins the American, Oklahoma wins the Big XII, and Louisville wins the ACC. Being a conference champion and having head-to-head wins over two P5 conference champions should do the trick, but it's an unlikely scenario.
10-17-2016 10:29 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
It's possible but not very likely
10-17-2016 11:12 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
I don't think so, Houston looked like a top 5 team at the start of the season but they do not now. I'm not sure if it's injury or teams just figuring out the Houston defense. But they would get demolished by the current top 4.
10-17-2016 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.