Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thank You Coach Creighton
Bookmark and Share
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Thank You Coach Creighton
Thank you Coach Creighton for coming to EMU and for making this program respectable. You have already accomplishd what no other coach since Harkema could: You are winning in a nearly impossible situation.

HBO targeted our program for shutdown. You all shrugged your shoulders and kicked ass.

A year ago, I didn't think you were the man for the job. I thought you were too conservative* and gimmicky. I questioned your recruiting. I was dead wrong. Thank you for taking a chance on us.

*I kinda sill think you're too conservative on offense, but I'm hoping I'm wrong about this too.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016 05:03 PM by holybovine.)
10-15-2016 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Thank You Coach Creighton
A-men......now how are we going to keep him.
10-15-2016 05:01 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(10-15-2016 05:01 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  A-men......now how are we going to keep him.

Good question.

Good MAC coaches eventually leave when they have an opportunity, and CC is only 47...
10-15-2016 05:08 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I think it depends on how we finish. If WMU is the last loss we have this year, he's gone for sure. If we finish, say, 6-6 or 7-5, I think he stays.

But I think 6-6 would be a bit of a disappointment at this stage...I never thought I'd ever say that. I expect this team to win 2-3 more games. Who knows, maybe even 4.
10-15-2016 05:37 PM
greenandwhiteeagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: EMU/MAC
One game at a time men.
10-15-2016 06:01 PM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
I think he stays regardless of how Eastern ends the season. There is the possibility that we could end 9-3, however, that would mean Coach Creighton's overall record would be 10-26 after three years. I think other schools want to see if the winning can continue.
10-15-2016 06:02 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2016 06:02 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
I think he stays regardless of how Eastern ends the season. There is the possibility that we could end 9-3, however, that would mean Coach Creighton's overall record would be 10-26 after three years. I think other schools want to see if the winning can continue.

Good point, Ken. What was Ron Cooper's record before he bolted for Louisville?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016 06:12 PM by Luckeyone.)
10-15-2016 06:12 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Luckeyone,
You have a point with Cooper. He never had a winning record in his two years at Eastern. That's why, at the time, I thought it strange that another school would want him as their coach, when he accomplished nothing spectacular.
10-15-2016 06:18 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Also I believe CC has a six year contract and this is year 3. He'd be the first one to tell you there's alot of work still to be done this season and going forward to rebuild EMU football. Also I think CC and his family like this area and CC is a very loyal person and grateful for this opportunity. I assume his contract has bonus provisions and I'm assuming his assistants contracts do as well. My concern is about guys like Reed, Neathery and Bullough leaving, they've had alot to do with turning this defense around. I'm assuming we have these group at below market rate contracts. One would hope all three stick around for another season just when EMU football is getting fun. Are the Regents and alums going to pony up $$$ to support facility improvements and higher salaries if CC and staff can prove the program now has legs? And yes it will take more than one season to prove that. And can CC and staff move EMU up in the recruiting rankings?

All of this may be premature, lots of football to be played this year.
10-16-2016 08:07 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(10-16-2016 08:07 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Also I believe CC has a six year contract and this is year 3. He'd be the first one to tell you there's alot of work still to be done this season and going forward to rebuild EMU football. Also I think CC and his family like this area and CC is a very loyal person and grateful for this opportunity. I assume his contract has bonus provisions and I'm assuming his assistants contracts do as well. My concern is about guys like Reed, Neathery and Bullough leaving, they've had alot to do with turning this defense around. I'm assuming we have these group at below market rate contracts. One would hope all three stick around for another season just when EMU football is getting fun. Are the Regents and alums going to pony up $$$ to support facility improvements and higher salaries if CC and staff can prove the program now has legs? And yes it will take more than one season to prove that. And can CC and staff move EMU up in the recruiting rankings?

I agree with everything you said.

You raise several points which are tangible:

1). Keeping CC and his top assistants including pay raises from an athletic department trying to cut, not increase, expenditures.

2). I'm hopeful that in the near future we'll hear more about facility improvements.
10-16-2016 10:49 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-16-2016 10:49 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(10-16-2016 08:07 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Also I believe CC has a six year contract and this is year 3. He'd be the first one to tell you there's alot of work still to be done this season and going forward to rebuild EMU football. Also I think CC and his family like this area and CC is a very loyal person and grateful for this opportunity. I assume his contract has bonus provisions and I'm assuming his assistants contracts do as well. My concern is about guys like Reed, Neathery and Bullough leaving, they've had alot to do with turning this defense around. I'm assuming we have these group at below market rate contracts. One would hope all three stick around for another season just when EMU football is getting fun. Are the Regents and alums going to pony up $$$ to support facility improvements and higher salaries if CC and staff can prove the program now has legs? And yes it will take more than one season to prove that. And can CC and staff move EMU up in the recruiting rankings?

I agree with everything you said.

You raise several points which are tangible:

1). Keeping CC and his top assistants including pay raises from an athletic department trying to cut, not increase, expenditures.

2). I'm hopeful that in the near future we'll hear more about facility improvements.

Creighton is not the concern, Neathery is.

Until we challenge for a MAC championship, Creighton isn't going anywhere. And we're nowhere near a MAC championship team right now. Need to string together at least 2 or 3 years of really good football for anybody to even consider any MAC coach promotions. Ours is nothing but a feel good story at this point.

Yes, it feels really, really good, but let's tap the brakes a little.

One game at a time, enjoying each and every one.

Still smiling from yesterday's great win! Kudos to the entire team.
10-16-2016 11:25 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

I could see a scenario where EMU finishes 8-4.
If that happens, I believe Creighton will get looks and probably get hired away.
10-16-2016 07:26 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-16-2016 07:26 PM)KPJ Wrote:  I could see a scenario where EMU finishes 8-4.
If that happens, I believe Creighton will get looks and probably get hired away.

A coach with only 3 years of FBS experience, with a 3 year track record of 2-10, 1-11, and 8-4, who's recruiting classes rank in the bottom quarter of his conference, who has never won a Division championship (let alone a conference championship), is going to get looks from P5 schools?

Compare that to what Fleck has done to finally get his shot, not even in the same universe. Or the previous 2 MAC coaches to move up, from BG and Toledo, not even close to their level of success or resume's.

Love the enthusiasm for our tiny bit of success so far this year, but talk of our coach getting hired away at this point is crazy talk.
10-17-2016 12:30 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
And I don't believe the dollar sign is the most important thing in cc life he had alot of successful years at drake before he decided to move

Might make fbs coach of the year
10-17-2016 04:04 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

(10-17-2016 12:30 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  

A coach with only 3 years of FBS experience, with a 3 year track record of 2-10, 1-11, and 8-4, who's recruiting classes rank in the bottom quarter of his conference, who has never won a Division championship (let alone a conference championship), is going to get looks from P5 schools?

Compare that to what Fleck has done to finally get his shot, not even in the same universe. Or the previous 2 MAC coaches to move up, from BG and Toledo, not even close to their level of success or resume's.

Love the enthusiasm for our tiny bit of success so far this year, but talk of our coach getting hired away at this point is crazy talk.

We'll see how things go. Creighton to PJ is not an Apples to Apples comparison. WMU has had much success over the last two decades. The expectation in Kalamazoo is Bowl eligibility. WMU was also able to give PJ a much larger contract than anything EMU could afford.

The talk isn't as crazy as you make it sound.
10-17-2016 05:19 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-17-2016 05:19 AM)KPJ Wrote:  
(10-17-2016 12:30 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  

We'll see how things go. Creighton to PJ is not an Apples to Apples comparison. WMU has had much success over the last two decades. The expectation in Kalamazoo is Bowl eligibility. WMU was also able to give PJ a much larger contract than anything EMU could afford.

The talk isn't as crazy as you make it sound.

Matt Campbell, Dino Babers, Darrell Hazell, the last 3 MAC promotions, prior to Fleck? Hazell most similar maybe, and look how that turned out for Purdue.

Like you said, we'll see how things go, I suppose anything could happen. Just don't see a P5 AD putting his neck on the line like that, or any alumni or big boosters getting excited about that type of resume at this point.

Let's start with a good showing in Kalamazoo!
10-17-2016 08:10 AM
TimBuck2 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: eastern
Fleck will get a job in a power 5 this year if he wants it. Not many high-profile candidates out there this cycle. Having said that, Purdue is an awful program, and would certainly be a death sentence.
10-17-2016 10:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.