WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting and intelligent debate on Islam
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Interesting and intelligent debate on Islam
I happened upon this video at the conclusion of watching another video on Bronco Stampede as it emerged with a variety of other choices.

It is intelligent, interesting, and thought provoking.

We live in a complex world, so I try to arrive at some understanding of it's workings by examining as many perspectives as possible.

This video was one of the more balanced examinations of Islam...for and against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghr-JMq1VT0#t=2347
10-14-2016 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu_fan101 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU
RE: Interesting and intelligent debate on Islam
Why is this board so political? I'm a Muslim ama
10-15-2016 07:09 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-15-2016 07:09 PM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  Why is this board so political? I'm a Muslim ama

This is far from political. In a quest for understanding of terrorism and why it even exists, the debate provided some insights.

I am for equality of all races, color, and religions. The United States, as flawed as it is, strives to achieve that goal. Granted there is a long way to go. However, understanding of cultures, history, and philosophies is essential in reaching that evasive goal.

I wish everyone nothing but good. Again, very far from being political.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 06:56 PM by bostonbronco.)
10-15-2016 08:35 PM
emu_fan101 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-15-2016 08:35 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 07:09 PM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  Why is this board so political? I'm a Muslim ama

This is far from political. In a quest for understanding of terrorism and why it even exists, the debate provided some insights.

I am for equality of all races, color, and religions. The United States, as flawed as it is, strives to achieve that goal. Granted their is a long way to go. Understanding of cultures, history, and philosophies is essential in reaching that evasive goal.

I wish everyone nothing but good. Again, very far from being political.

Whatever you say buddy, but this is a college sports forum so why is it being posted here? Also the title of the youtube video makes me fail to believe it's the most unbiased video out there. But again, hey ama if you wanna know something about Islam/Muslims
10-15-2016 09:05 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(10-15-2016 09:05 PM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  Whatever you say buddy, but this is a college sports forum so why is it being posted here? Also the title of the youtube video makes me fail to believe it's the most unbiased video out there. But again, hey ama if you wanna know something about Islam/Muslims

You are in the off topic section where anything goes.
10-15-2016 09:26 PM
Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
And emi-fan, you're not a mod so stfu.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016 10:16 PM by Moomba.)
10-15-2016 10:15 PM
emu_fan101 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-15-2016 10:15 PM)Moomba Wrote:  And emi-fan, you're not a mod so stfu.

What a kind group you all are
10-15-2016 10:58 PM
Advertisement

Moomba Offline
Banned

I Root For: Pers's new id's
(10-15-2016 10:58 PM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 10:15 PM)Moomba Wrote:  And emi-fan, you're not a mod so stfu.

What a kind group you all are

You have NO IDEA! 03-melodramatic
10-15-2016 11:21 PM
ESSSS Offline
All American

I Root For:
Quote:Whatever you say buddy, but this is a college sports forum so why is it being posted here? Also the title of the youtube video makes me fail to believe it's the most unbiased video out there.

I haven't watched it.

And likely won't.

But.....if you don't like what it has to say, tell folks why.

Don't try to quash discussion.

Do you think this is a university or something?
10-16-2016 08:14 AM
emu_fan101 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-16-2016 08:14 AM)ESSSS Wrote:  
Quote:Whatever you say buddy, but this is a college sports forum so why is it being posted here? Also the title of the youtube video makes me fail to believe it's the most unbiased video out there.

I haven't watched it.

And likely won't.

But.....if you don't like what it has to say, tell folks why.

Don't try to quash discussion.

Do you think this is a university or something?

I didn't watch it because the video is an hour and a half and has a title to the effect of "such and such proves Islam isn't a religion of peace". Sounds quite biased so I'm not gonna waste my time watching it when I could be doing better things.
10-16-2016 09:34 AM
Advertisement

ESSSS Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-16-2016 09:34 AM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  I didn't watch it because the video is an hour and a half and has a title to the effect of "such and such proves Islam isn't a religion of peace". Sounds quite biased so I'm not gonna waste my time watching it when I could be doing better things.

I get it.

But then you also probably have better things to do than coming onto this board to criticize others.
10-16-2016 09:39 AM
emu_fan101 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-16-2016 09:39 AM)ESSSS Wrote:  
(10-16-2016 09:34 AM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  I didn't watch it because the video is an hour and a half and has a title to the effect of "such and such proves Islam isn't a religion of peace". Sounds quite biased so I'm not gonna waste my time watching it when I could be doing better things.

I get it.

But then you also probably have better things to do than coming onto this board to criticize others.

I'm not criticizing anyone, I asked a question and found out it's not a sports specific board. Who did I criticize?
10-16-2016 10:22 AM
ESSSS Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-16-2016 10:22 AM)emu_fan101 Wrote:  I'm not criticizing anyone, I asked a question and found out it's not a sports specific board. Who did I criticize?

"Whatever you say buddy"...... :)
10-16-2016 11:49 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Jews and Muslims have the same beginnings in terms both religions were sons of Abraham. Both were predicted to be great nations. Many don't realize that Islam honors Jesus as a mighty prophet and some very conservative Jewish sects don't believe Jesus ever existed. Its also interesting to see how the differences are always an emphasis but never the common ground. Christians can be very warlike ie the Crusades, the way Christians treated New World native Indians, Northern Ireland and the Spanish Inquistion. To me there are extremists in politics and in religion. As cool Calvin Coolidge stated "moderation in everything". I think that's a good rule to live by.
10-20-2016 09:35 AM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-20-2016 09:35 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Jews and Muslims have the same beginnings in terms both religions were sons of Abraham. Both were predicted to be great nations. Many don't realize that Islam honors Jesus as a mighty prophet and some very conservative Jewish sects don't believe Jesus ever existed. Its also interesting to see how the differences are always an emphasis but never the common ground. Christians can be very warlike ie the Crusades, the way Christians treated New World native Indians, Northern Ireland and the Spanish Inquistion. To me there are extremists in politics and in religion. As cool Calvin Coolidge stated "moderation in everything". I think that's a good rule to live by.

You are absolutely on target emu79. The Crusades were horrific. Christians were like Isis today fighting for access to heaven. That was 1000 years ago. Humanity should not duplicate those atrocities and many of the atrocities that manifest themselves in so many "so called" causes.

The Crusades: http://www.history.com/topics/crusades

Thank you for posting. I meant no disrespect to anyone by posting the debate. It was the first time I had seen two sides discuss the issue in a environment of thought and intellect.

Again, I wish nothing but peace and happiness for humanity no matter their race, religion, political viewpoints, etc. I am just seeking understanding.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 07:29 PM by bostonbronco.)
10-20-2016 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.