Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mens BBall Rankings
BFieldHusky Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCONN
Mens BBall Rankings
Media day for Mens Basketball is less than 2 weeks away. What do you think the coaches poll/rankings will be. My two cents:

1. UConn
2. Cincy
3. SMU
4. Houston
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Temple
8. East Carolina
9. UCF
10. USF
11. Tulane

To me this is at best a 5 bid league, and could end up being 3 bid league. I think Houston has a real chance to be a tourney team, and I give Memphis an outside chance as well because of how good Lawson is and finally having a real coach in Tubby Smith. UConn and Cincy are the two best teams in the league IMO, but I still think SMU will be a good team by years end. Just a lot to replace in terms of losing players and their head coach.

Tulsa takes a step back this year due to a whole new roster. I put Temple so low because of injury concerns and unknowns of who will actually play.
10-12-2016 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Mens BBall Rankings
That looks pretty good to me. As far as Memphis goes, I just don't know. I think we will be on the border. Probably a 4 bid league.
10-12-2016 03:19 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Mens BBall Rankings
As far as bids go, Tulsa is an unknown quantity. We have several freshman, but we also have some impressive JUCO's. Our schedule reminds me of UH's last year. We might be able to run through it, and if we can gel by conference play we might make some waves.

Of course, the opposite could be just as true.
10-12-2016 03:22 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

(10-12-2016 03:19 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  That looks pretty good to me. As far as Memphis goes, I just don't know. I think we will be on the border. Probably a 4 bid league.

I bet Memphis goes. There's talent on that roster, and Tubby does well with talent.
10-12-2016 03:22 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

1. UConn
2. SMU
3. Cincy
4. Memphis
5. Tulsa
6. Houston
7. Temple
8. UCF
9. Tulane
10. ECU
11. USF
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 03:24 PM by invisiblehand.)
10-12-2016 03:24 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
UCF will be 7...maybe 8...(of course that the number of eligible scholarship players they will have this year as Dawkins just loaded up with redshirt players for next year...basically sacrificing this year's squad for next year's gain).
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 03:34 PM by KnightLight.)
10-12-2016 03:34 PM
Advertisement

rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-12-2016 03:22 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 03:19 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  That looks pretty good to me. As far as Memphis goes, I just don't know. I think we will be on the border. Probably a 4 bid league.

I bet Memphis goes. There's talent on that roster, and Tubby does well with talent.

This I agree with. Tubby is an excellent bench coach. He will get the most out of that roster.
10-12-2016 03:37 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators

There isn't that much talent on the roster. Dedric Lawson is obviously really good. But the rest of the rotation is either unproven or has major holes in their games

KJ Lawson----unproven
Markel Crawford---really can't shoot
Jeremiah Martin---Probable starting PG. Solid at best
Christian Kessee---Grad Transfer. Good shooter but small
Chad Rykhoek---Possibly the first grad transfer to have never played a college game.
Jake McDowell---Undersized 4 who really is a walk-on. Given a scholly bc we dont have any other players.
Keon Cleregot----Freshman...who knows
Craig Randall----Played in 11 games last year. Wasn't very good.

If Dedric gets hurt, we could have a 5-10 win team.

If everything breaks right(KJ or Markel become a 2nd scoring option, Kessee can provide an outside threat, Martin can run the team, and one of the backup bigs is a passible college player) we could be an NIT team.
10-12-2016 03:39 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU

Tubby did, after all, win the national title with Rick Pitino's leftovers then proceeded to do little else for the next decade. He should have a Sweet 16 team accordingly.

I'm most interested to see Mike Dunleavy at Tulane. Was he just an NBA coach who had talent carry him or can he really coach and build a team at a program thas been down for 2 decades.
10-12-2016 03:42 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
1. Cincy
2. UConn
3. Houston
4. SMU
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Temple
8. ECU
9. UCF
10. Tulane
11. USF
10-12-2016 03:45 PM
Tech Savy Offline
Banned

I Root For: JOSH PASTNER
Cincinnati will win the regular season title and UConn will win the conference tournament (remember it is played on their home floor). As far as bids, it is probably a 3 bid league: Cincinnati, Connecticut, one of SMU/Memphis/Houston. The Cougars are the longest shot of the three because their OOC is terrible.
10-12-2016 03:47 PM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
As usual. Might as well just create a scheduling alliance with the SWAC and Southland for the OOC.
10-12-2016 03:56 PM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(10-12-2016 03:14 PM)BFieldHusky Wrote:  Media day for Mens Basketball is less than 2 weeks away. What do you think the coaches poll/rankings will be. My two cents:

1. UConn
2. Cincy
3. SMU
4. Houston
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Temple
8. East Carolina
9. UCF
10. USF
11. Tulane

To me this is at best a 5 bid league, and could end up being 3 bid league. I think Houston has a real chance to be a tourney team, and I give Memphis an outside chance as well because of how good Lawson is and finally having a real coach in Tubby Smith. UConn and Cincy are the two best teams in the league IMO, but I still think SMU will be a good team by years end. Just a lot to replace in terms of losing players and their head coach.

Tulsa takes a step back this year due to a whole new roster. I put Temple so low because of injury concerns and unknowns of who will actually play.

I think you have USF too high.
10-12-2016 04:39 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
Mens BBall Rankings
11. ECU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10-12-2016 04:48 PM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
The four sucky teams have been at the bottom of the pile for so long... you'd think one of them would finally break out and grab some unexpected W's. But we shall see.
10-12-2016 05:29 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-12-2016 03:39 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

There isn't that much talent on the roster. Dedric Lawson is obviously really good. But the rest of the rotation is either unproven or has major holes in their games

KJ Lawson----unproven
Markel Crawford---really can't shoot
Jeremiah Martin---Probable starting PG. Solid at best
Christian Kessee---Grad Transfer. Good shooter but small
Chad Rykhoek---Possibly the first grad transfer to have never played a college game.
Jake McDowell---Undersized 4 who really is a walk-on. Given a scholly bc we dont have any other players.
Keon Cleregot----Freshman...who knows
Craig Randall----Played in 11 games last year. Wasn't very good.

If Dedric gets hurt, we could have a 5-10 win team.

If everything breaks right(KJ or Markel become a 2nd scoring option, Kessee can provide an outside threat, Martin can run the team, and one of the backup bigs is a passible college player) we could be an NIT team.

The Tigers have two more players not listed that may contribute: Karim Azab - a 6-11, 255 lb center from Egypt and Jimario Rivers - a 6-8 195 JUCO forward. Azab is enrolled, but he might not play this year.

Chad is indeed the first grad transfer in NCAA history never to play at all at the college level.

KJ is talented, but is recovering from 4/1/16 surgery that could take one year to fully heal.

If everything breaks right, however, we have sufficient talent and a great coach to be a NCAA bubble team and maybe sneak into the field, IMO.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 06:38 PM by Tiger1983.)
10-12-2016 06:10 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-12-2016 03:42 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

Tubby did, after all, win the national title with Rick Pitino's leftovers then proceeded to do little else for the next decade. He should have a Sweet 16 team accordingly.

I'm most interested to see Mike Dunleavy at Tulane. Was he just an NBA coach who had talent carry him or can he really coach and build a team at a program thas been down for 2 decades.

Dunleavy has a great resource in his son, who has already helped him find a good assistant. I don't think Dunleavy will fail at Tulane.
10-12-2016 08:17 PM
gostangs Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Dunlevy's son is a smart dude. Typical SMU grad.
10-12-2016 09:10 PM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

I Root For: UCF
(10-12-2016 04:39 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 03:14 PM)BFieldHusky Wrote:  Media day for Mens Basketball is less than 2 weeks away. What do you think the coaches poll/rankings will be. My two cents:

1. UConn
2. Cincy
3. SMU
4. Houston
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Temple
8. East Carolina
9. UCF
10. USF
11. Tulane

The War on I-4 hoops edition may be to decide last place in the conference this year! 04-cheers
10-12-2016 09:15 PM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(10-12-2016 09:15 PM)Mike the Knight Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 04:39 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  

1. UConn
2. Cincy
3. SMU
4. Houston
5. Memphis
6. Tulsa
7. Temple
8. East Carolina
9. UCF
10. USF
11. Tulane

The War on I-4 hoops edition may be to decide last place in the conference this year! 04-cheers

Amazing given the size and exposure of both our schools. Should be able to be middle of the pack with little or no effort. I think we will be holding campus wide tryouts for anyone who wants to play.
10-12-2016 09:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.