Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nine from Ragin' Cajun Softball Receive NFCA Adademic Honor
Bookmark and Share
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
Nine from Ragin' Cajun Softball Receive NFCA Adademic Honor
Nine Ragin' Cajuns Receive NFCA Academic Honor

Below is the article from the Cajun website. I noted that Ga State was ranked in the top 10 nationally so kudo's to them as well.

LAFAYETTE – Nine student-athletes from the 2015-16 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns softball team received Easton/NFCA Scholar-Athlete honors, the National Fastpitch Coaches Association announced.

Sarah Arceneaux, Kara Gremillion, Haley Hayden, Chelsea Lotief, Katie Repole, Macey Smith, Alex Stewart, Shannon Theriot, and Kassidy Zeringue earned the NFCA accolade for maintaining a 3.50 GPA or better during the 2015-16 academic school year.

Lotief led the group with a perfect 4.0 GPA recorded in her first year on campus. Zeringue, who earned second team honors on the 2016 Academic All-America Division I softball team, completed her junior year with a 3.621 GPA.

The Ragin' Cajuns boasted a 3.202 grade point average as a team and were recognized as an Easton All-Academic Team. Louisiana finished in the Top 100 (No. 83), out of 290 Division I programs, in the team rankings.

The rankings and honors recognize the academic prowess of softball teams across seven membership divisions. NCAA Division I, with 1,240 honorees, had the most student-athletes with a 3.5 grade-point average or higher, while 1,124 in Division III earned recognition, followed by 963 Division II student-athletes. High School weighted and High School unweighted posted 618 and 512 honorees apiece. NAIA amassed 384 recipients and Junior College totaled 311.

Ragin' Cajuns Softball has won three straight Sun Belt Conference championships and 14 overall in the 16 years of league competition since 2001. The program has appeared in the NCAA Tournament 18 consecutive years and 26 times overall in the past 27 years dating back to 1990. Last season, the Ragin' Cajuns hosted an NCAA Regional at Lamson Park for the fourth time in the past five years (2012, 2014-16) and advanced to an NCAA Super Regional for the fifth straight year (2012-16).
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 01:31 PM by CajunAmos.)
10-10-2016 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
RE: Nine from Ragin' Cajun Softball Receive NFCA Adademic Honor
http://www.utamavs.com/sports/w-softbl/s...16aaa.html

Quote:...
The Mavericks finished 26th in the nation with a 3.47 team GPA and had 12 individuals selected as Easton Scholar-Athletes. The team mark was the best in the Sun Belt Conference.
10-11-2016 10:01 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
RE: Nine from Ragin' Cajun Softball Receive NFCA Adademic Honor
I always wonder if our larger roster size than most schools impacts the team GPA number. We've been in the mid 30's roster size for the last 3-4 years.
10-12-2016 09:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.