Opponent: Furman (0-6, 0-3 SoCon)

Place: Kermit Tipton Stadium

Television: None

Webcast: SoCon Digital Network

Radio online: 640WXSM.com (Free)

Furman 2016 Schedule

Furman 2016 Roster

Furman Message Board
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 01:13 PM by ETSUfan1.)
10-10-2016 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
RE: Official Game Thread: Furman
Furman has played an incredibly hard schedule. Tough OoC games, and yes they are 0-3 in the SoCon, but have played the top 3 teams. Gonna be a tough game Saturday. Not out of the question for a win, but very tough.
10-10-2016 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
Our OL must show up if we have chance.
10-10-2016 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

Does anyone know what Kahlil Mitchell did? Big loss on the defensive end of the ball.
10-10-2016 03:47 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Bucs win. Furman has fought hard in games but 0-6 is demoralizing. Bucs win. Still not picking against them.
No idea what Mitchell did but it must've been bad to not get a suspension first.
10-10-2016 03:52 PM
Spector Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SoCon
Furman is much better than people think. I was the first to caution people about VMI. Ever since they changed coaches, that team has been getting better. They are putting players on the field with athleticism and demeanor. I have to be honest, I’ve watched the Bucs over the past weeks and I’ve come to the realization that you can’t make the mistake of tossing out the Mocs and WC games. Yes they played senior teams, but they are measuring components of the players and the coaching staff. What I’ve seen over the past 3 games is the commitment to doing what’s not working. Sticking with the same players executing the same plays that are not working. Everyone experiences a bad game or a game plan that doesn’t work with or against a particular personnel group; hence, you have to be willing to do what is necessary to catch a spark. The last 2 times the QB was replaced resulted in TDs. I’m NOT saying the backup QB is better than the starting QB, I’m just saying you can’t stick with someone who is having a bad game or not producing on that particular day. Games are only 60 minutes long, so you better adjust before it gets out of control. The Bucs fail to make changes until the games are too far out of control – that is a HS mentality. Note: #4 was having a good game against VMI, but he kept getting pulled out for # 11 (who did absolutely nothing). In fact, it looked like they were forcibly trying to get #11 involved in the passing game when it was clear that he was not contributing at all that day (repeatedly dropping balls including a 4th quarter pass in the EZ that was placed right in his hands) #89 was wide open on the other side and could have opened a lemonade stand, but we called #11’s number. Thankfully the next play went to #18 and surprise – TD. The coaches should have noticed what everyone in the stadium saw – stick with #4, #18, #2, etc. Case in point: #18 and #3 came into the game after the Bucs were down 30. RB #3 turned in 50+ yards on 8 or so carries, whereas the coaches kept feeding RB #6 and #15 the ball. #6 ended up with -8 yards on the day and #15 could not have had more than 30. Coaches - when does the light come? You don’t keep feeding #6 and #15 the ball in the second half. Again, I’m NOT saying you replace the starters (they have proved their worth), but if they are having a bad day, you sit them down and go a different route – this includes the linemen. You may think VMI substituted defensive players late in the game, which would account for the production of the replacements, but with the exception of a 2 players who left due to injury, VMI finished the game with the same players on D (they wanted the shutout). The coaches have to be accountable when players are not producing or who just don’t match up well. You can’t stick with guys who worked 3 weeks ago, or play favorites. I understand consistency, but I also understand matchups. I saw speed and effort in #2, #3, #4, #18, and #89. With the exception of #4, and #16 who continue to produce, the coaches appear to be committed to players who produced in week 1 and 2, but fell off the last 3 weeks. AGAIN, not saying you replace players, but the coaches have to recognize the when the engine is stuck in neutral…
10-11-2016 07:05 PM
Advertisement

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(10-11-2016 07:05 PM)Spector Wrote:  Furman is much better than people think. I was the first to caution people about VMI. Ever since they changed coaches, that team has been getting better. They are putting players on the field with athleticism and demeanor. I have to be honest, I’ve watched the Bucs over the past weeks and I’ve come to the realization that you can’t make the mistake of tossing out the Mocs and WC games. Yes they played senior teams, but they are measuring components of the players and the coaching staff. What I’ve seen over the past 3 games is the commitment to doing what’s not working. Sticking with the same players executing the same plays that are not working. Everyone experiences a bad game or a game plan that doesn’t work with or against a particular personnel group; hence, you have to be willing to do what is necessary to catch a spark. The last 2 times the QB was replaced resulted in TDs. I’m NOT saying the backup QB is better than the starting QB, I’m just saying you can’t stick with someone who is having a bad game or not producing on that particular day. Games are only 60 minutes long, so you better adjust before it gets out of control. The Bucs fail to make changes until the games are too far out of control – that is a HS mentality. Note: #4 was having a good game against VMI, but he kept getting pulled out for # 11 (who did absolutely nothing). In fact, it looked like they were forcibly trying to get #11 involved in the passing game when it was clear that he was not contributing at all that day (repeatedly dropping balls including a 4th quarter pass in the EZ that was placed right in his hands) #89 was wide open on the other side and could have opened a lemonade stand, but we called #11’s number. Thankfully the next play went to #18 and surprise – TD. The coaches should have noticed what everyone in the stadium saw – stick with #4, #18, #2, etc. Case in point: #18 and #3 came into the game after the Bucs were down 30. RB #3 turned in 50+ yards on 8 or so carries, whereas the coaches kept feeding RB #6 and #15 the ball. #6 ended up with -8 yards on the day and #15 could not have had more than 30. Coaches - when does the light come? You don’t keep feeding #6 and #15 the ball in the second half. Again, I’m NOT saying you replace the starters (they have proved their worth), but if they are having a bad day, you sit them down and go a different route – this includes the linemen. You may think VMI substituted defensive players late in the game, which would account for the production of the replacements, but with the exception of a 2 players who left due to injury, VMI finished the game with the same players on D (they wanted the shutout). The coaches have to be accountable when players are not producing or who just don’t match up well. You can’t stick with guys who worked 3 weeks ago, or play favorites. I understand consistency, but I also understand matchups. I saw speed and effort in #2, #3, #4, #18, and #89. With the exception of #4, and #16 who continue to produce, the coaches appear to be committed to players who produced in week 1 and 2, but fell off the last 3 weeks. AGAIN, not saying you replace players, but the coaches have to recognize the when the engine is stuck in neutral…
Austin Herink is so much better than Nick Sexton, you don't even realize.
10-11-2016 07:47 PM
Spector Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SoCon
(10-11-2016 07:47 PM)etsuandpurdue3 Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 07:05 PM)Spector Wrote:  Furman is much better than people think. I was the first to caution people about VMI. Ever since they changed coaches, that team has been getting better. They are putting players on the field with athleticism and demeanor. I have to be honest, I’ve watched the Bucs over the past weeks and I’ve come to the realization that you can’t make the mistake of tossing out the Mocs and WC games. Yes they played senior teams, but they are measuring components of the players and the coaching staff. What I’ve seen over the past 3 games is the commitment to doing what’s not working. Sticking with the same players executing the same plays that are not working. Everyone experiences a bad game or a game plan that doesn’t work with or against a particular personnel group; hence, you have to be willing to do what is necessary to catch a spark. The last 2 times the QB was replaced resulted in TDs. I’m NOT saying the backup QB is better than the starting QB, I’m just saying you can’t stick with someone who is having a bad game or not producing on that particular day. Games are only 60 minutes long, so you better adjust before it gets out of control. The Bucs fail to make changes until the games are too far out of control – that is a HS mentality. Note: #4 was having a good game against VMI, but he kept getting pulled out for # 11 (who did absolutely nothing). In fact, it looked like they were forcibly trying to get #11 involved in the passing game when it was clear that he was not contributing at all that day (repeatedly dropping balls including a 4th quarter pass in the EZ that was placed right in his hands) #89 was wide open on the other side and could have opened a lemonade stand, but we called #11’s number. Thankfully the next play went to #18 and surprise – TD. The coaches should have noticed what everyone in the stadium saw – stick with #4, #18, #2, etc. Case in point: #18 and #3 came into the game after the Bucs were down 30. RB #3 turned in 50+ yards on 8 or so carries, whereas the coaches kept feeding RB #6 and #15 the ball. #6 ended up with -8 yards on the day and #15 could not have had more than 30. Coaches - when does the light come? You don’t keep feeding #6 and #15 the ball in the second half. Again, I’m NOT saying you replace the starters (they have proved their worth), but if they are having a bad day, you sit them down and go a different route – this includes the linemen. You may think VMI substituted defensive players late in the game, which would account for the production of the replacements, but with the exception of a 2 players who left due to injury, VMI finished the game with the same players on D (they wanted the shutout). The coaches have to be accountable when players are not producing or who just don’t match up well. You can’t stick with guys who worked 3 weeks ago, or play favorites. I understand consistency, but I also understand matchups. I saw speed and effort in #2, #3, #4, #18, and #89. With the exception of #4, and #16 who continue to produce, the coaches appear to be committed to players who produced in week 1 and 2, but fell off the last 3 weeks. AGAIN, not saying you replace players, but the coaches have to recognize the when the engine is stuck in neutral…
Austin Herink is so much better than Nick Sexton, you don't even realize.
Please go back and read again what I said. I didn't say replace #7. I said, there will be games in which personnel will not be performing. You have to realize when that time occurs and you have to make a change to personnel or play call. This does not mean going to a QB rotation. I personally believe, they should have left the QB in and mixed up the RB and Receiving corps to include the TE. #4, #2 and #16 have produced.
10-11-2016 08:51 PM
Bucc18 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Tennessee
BUCS

BOUNCE 27 to 20

BACK
10-13-2016 08:49 PM
BucFan1244 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
I just am hoping to see better energy from ETSU this week after last week. Also if we got a 4th and short early on we need to go for it. The coaches need to get this team going by doing this.
10-14-2016 05:07 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

We're not winning today lol.
10-15-2016 11:22 AM
Advertisement

BucFan1244 Offline
Special Teams

How did we win the first two games this year??? Also how did we ever score points???
10-15-2016 12:50 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(10-15-2016 12:50 PM)BucFan1244 Wrote:  How did we win the first two games this year??? Also how did we ever score points???
I don't know. I think the team isn't putting their heart in right now after Mitchell got kicked off the team. It looked likethe team might be split on Twitter.
10-15-2016 01:11 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Big steps backwards recently? Too young still? Not enough talent? Bad luck? Poor coaching? Where's the hope looking forward?
10-15-2016 06:18 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2016 06:18 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  Big steps backwards recently? Too young still? Not enough talent? Bad luck? Poor coaching? Where's the hope looking forward?

Very good questions. I am not knowledgeable enough to understand what is going wrong. But I do know we are still a very young and developing team. SoCon does not get any easier.
10-15-2016 07:03 PM
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
These last 4 games have been as bad as any of the games from last year. The offense has been flat out terrible. The roster has all this "youth" but most of these guys arent going to be around much longer as they will be recruited over. There are 50 freshmen and redshirt freshmen on the team and 45 sophmores and redshirt sophmores on the team. That is way too many. If we werent playing a socon schedule this year it would be one thing but they needed some more experience on this team.

Lopsided scores aren't whats so bad; its that the score gets lopsided in the first or second quarter.
This game was decided before half time or at least right after halftime. Why not make sure Weiger got a couple of snaps in the 4th quarter? This offense has only scored 3 4th quarter garbage TD's in the last 16 quarters, why not see what he can do?
10-15-2016 07:31 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
My guess would be that this team has zero depth. The first two weeks of the year when we were healthy, it was easier. Plus we have all freshman and sophomores who just didnt know any better. Now when the game gets a little out of hand, we lose all composure. At this rate, we will be lucky to win our game Thursday night. Good thing it's a horrible D2 team. Our line play lately has been atrocious. And our secondary today was pitiful
10-15-2016 08:15 PM
Efan Offline
Special Teams

I think they're better than this. For a variety of reasons, this team has lost its focus. Not saying they should have won any of these last 4 games, but they should've been closer. They don't need to mail it in.
10-15-2016 09:54 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

(10-15-2016 07:31 PM)brock20 Wrote:  These last 4 games have been as bad as any of the games from last year. The offense has been flat out terrible. The roster has all this "youth" but most of these guys arent going to be around much longer as they will be recruited over. There are 50 freshmen and redshirt freshmen on the team and 45 sophmores and redshirt sophmores on the team. That is way too many. If we werent playing a socon schedule this year it would be one thing but they needed some more experience on this team.

Lopsided scores aren't whats so bad; its that the score gets lopsided in the first or second quarter.
This game was decided before half time or at least right after halftime. Why not make sure Weiger got a couple of snaps in the 4th quarter? This offense has only scored 3 4th quarter garbage TD's in the last 16 quarters, why not see what he can do?

Couldn't agree more with the Wieger comment. No reason he shouldn't be getting ATLEAST a series. For ****s sake put the kid in and see what he can do
10-16-2016 12:31 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

I worry that we are going to lose Wieger at the end of this season. I don't know how good he is. If he really can't beat out Sexton for the job he can't be that good. If the coach is simply keeping Sexton ahead of him because of his experience, then Wieger should transfer.

Thursday's game will tell us a lot. If we show up flat, it is obviously an effort problem. I left at halftime Saturday as it was obvious that we weren't going to win and it upset me that we didn't even try to score on our final drive before the half. It isn't just one or two areas, the entire team has looked terrible these last few games.
10-16-2016 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.