WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just in from the game
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
Just in from the game
I was at tonight's game with my family. Sons first leave from West Point. We had a great time. Stadium was rocking. The tailgate on East campus was great, and I got my first look at the new alumni center. Looks fantastic.

As far as the game, I must say, our defense looked questionable at best. Not our strongest effort overall. Terrell didn't have a great game either. Maybe NIU was just that good. Who knows. I feel fortunate we got the win.

Another great day in Kalamazoo though.

Go Broncos!
10-08-2016 11:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
RE: Just in from the game
Terrell was only 78% perfect passing. 93.7 QBR
10-09-2016 08:45 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

On D, we typically had a DB (not Phillips) on an island against a really good WR. AND WEnd we still couldn't stop the NIU QB draw.
10-09-2016 08:46 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(10-09-2016 08:45 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Terrell was only 78% perfect passing. 93.7 QBR

He missed some open guys, throwing behind them. I think I am measuring his performance against what we have come to expect. He never seems to make mistakes. He just seemed a bit off.

The spin move for the final TD was sweet though.
10-09-2016 08:52 AM
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(10-09-2016 08:46 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  On D, we typically had a DB (not Phillips) on an island against a really good WR. AND WEnd we still couldn't stop the NIU QB draw.

I'm okay with the island thing with our DB's. Yeah, we are going to take some lumps, but that is how we've played defense for years under Pinkham, and we have to remember that our corners are young and will continue to develop. What frustrated me with the defense last night was two things; one, our defensive line seemed to take a step backward, and two, NIU used Maddie's feet every time there was a big play or down. It looked like WMU was surprised by it every time or it wasn't even a consideration that it was going to happen.

I am glad that Western got pushed a little bit last night, because their schedule is tough the rest of the year. Last night was a reminder that they still have work to do. That is not a bad thing.
10-09-2016 10:22 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
The campus was alive, stadium was basically full, we beat a team that has been our nemesis including not folding when they came back on us like we had last two years.

Our defense has trouble with QBs who can run and pass, but there are very few defenses at any level who don't.

Fortunately we have the offense to out-score teams like that on our schedule.
10-09-2016 12:48 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

Please suffer an old coute who visited campus for the first time in 3 years. I agree with Hoople the crowd and atmosphere was electric I havent felt that kind of excitement about our team in a long while. I sat next to some old time graduates from WMU back as far as the 50s they were as excited as anyone talking about the Broncos. I sat near some guys who were at WMU during the Harbaugh years and they were beside themselves talking about the boyz wearing the brown and gold of 2016!!! I was extremely proud to be a Bronco last night but not as proud as I was when I drove by the WMU medical school I never in a million years thought WMU would have a medical school!! What an important part of WMU. Those sitting around me said WMU is adding physical therapy soon unbelieveable! What a first class institution we can claim as graduates. Go Broncos run the table!!!! This is a special year that we might not experience again in a while.
10-09-2016 01:41 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(10-09-2016 01:41 PM)goldsworth Wrote:  Please suffer an old coute who visited campus for the first time in 3 years. I agree with Hoople the crowd and atmosphere was electric I havent felt that kind of excitement about our team in a long while. I sat next to some old time graduates from WMU back as far as the 50s they were as excited as anyone talking about the Broncos. I sat near some guys who were at WMU during the Harbaugh years and they were beside themselves talking about the boyz wearing the brown and gold of 2016!!! I was extremely proud to be a Bronco last night but not as proud as I was when I drove by the WMU medical school I never in a million years thought WMU would have a medical school!! What an important part of WMU. Those sitting around me said WMU is adding physical therapy soon unbelieveable! What a first class institution we can claim as graduates. Go Broncos run the table!!!! This is a special year that we might not experience again in a while.
04-cheers

CHEERS. AS A GRADUATE WHO LIVES HERE IN TOWN SINCE MY GRADUATION IN 1968 I HAVE SEEN THE REMARKABLE GROWTH OF MY SCHOOL. EASY TO TAKE SOME OF IT FOR GRANTED SEEING IT EVERY DAY. NICE IMPUT FROM A GRAD WHO HAS JUST DISCOVERED IT. NOBODY LOVES BRONCO FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL MORE THAN ME. BUT IT IS THE GREAT LEARNING INSTITUTION WHERE I MET MY WIFE THAT I AM THE MOST PROUD OF. YES IT WAS ANOTHER GREAT DAY TO BE A BRONCO.
10-10-2016 12:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.