Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's BEAT TEX-@$$ week
Bookmark and Share
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Join in the always fun TEX-@$$ bashing... GO HOGS! BEAT TEXAS!

[Image: utsuck.gif]

[Image: texsuck.jpg]

[Image: texgay.jpg]

[Image: hornshell.jpg]

[Image: bevo.gif]

WPS! GHBT!
09-08-2003 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Great win over Tulsa! 04-bow

Now GO HOGS - BEAT TEXAS!!!!!! :saber: 04-cheers
09-08-2003 02:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigolhawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> TUCK FEXAS </span></span>
09-09-2003 12:07 AM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Go Hogs!! I don't hate Texas as much as you guys do, but I'm sure hoping for an SEC win for the Hogs on Saturday!! 04-cheers

WPS! 03-wink Enjoy that, because I won't do it that often. 03-lol
09-09-2003 01:49 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

[Image: utsuck.gif]

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:
09-10-2003 12:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Hog fans, this question is solely for you.....As you probably know, the odds makers are spotting you guys 13 or 13 1/2 points to Texarse this weekend.

What are your feelings on this game, and please try to take emotion out of it? Do you feel like that is a fair spread for the game? A lot of people are picking the Whorns to win it all this year, of course they say that every year. But, what are the Hogs' chances of pulling this out? What are TX's weaknesses and strengths as opposed to Arkansas'. I know a little more about Ark than I do TX, so everything you can tell me about Texarse would be appreciated. What's the series record, that sorta thing....etc.

Good luck Hogs!!! Bring one home for the SEC!!!
09-10-2003 11:35 PM
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Everyone around here, and in Austin too, think the factors in the game will be the running game, and the line play. The Whorns weakness is mainly in the OL, where only 1 starter returned, while our weakness is the DL for the same reason. We have to shut down Cedric Benson and the running game and force Chance Mock to throw the football. If we stuff the run, we can allow the LBs to help cover the secondary, and that'll help us out big time.

I think the running game is safe for us right now. With Big Shawn paving the way for Cobbs, we should be fine. Cobbs looked like an all-star last week against Tulsa (SEC Offensive Player of the Week), and the last time we played the Whorns, Cobbs burned 'em. My guess is that Texas will put 9 in the box, similar to what UGA did last year, and force Matt Jones to throw the ball. The big key we'll see is how Roy Wittke's new offensive scheme works against a big time opponent.

I figured the line would've been somewhere around +8 or +9 for us. +13 is a little surprising.

Although you can't say emotion is a factor, in this case, it is. While Mack Brown is trying to pump up their squad, the Texas players seem to think this is just another game. That's not the case here...every citizen in this state has had this date circled for years. Houston Nutt, unlike Mack Brown, played in this rivalry, and knows the importance of beating Tex-****** The players know it too...especially last weekend when they came to the student section to sing the fight song. Instead of the usual racuous cheers, they were greeted by the chant "We Want Texas!" and thousands of hands showing the 'down-horns' sign. This game is big enough for Frank Broyles to open up Razorback Stadium and let people watch it for free on the Jumbotron. It's that big to us.

All in all, it's a toss up. Most of the national media think it'll be close, with Tex-a$$ pulling away in the end due to depth. I say we gotta shot if we play our game, control the clock, and are within striking distance, tied, or ahead after 3 quarters. I don't expect it to be a blowout, and if I had no bias in this game, I'd still take Arkansas spread-wise.

WPS
09-11-2003 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cant_think_of_a_witty_nam Offline
All American

I Root For:

Let's not forget Roy Williams.
09-11-2003 11:45 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

calling_the_hogs Wrote:Everyone around here, and in Austin too, think the factors in the game will be the running game, and the line play. The Whorns weakness is mainly in the OL, where only 1 starter returned, while our weakness is the DL for the same reason. We have to shut down Cedric Benson and the running game and force Chance Mock to throw the football. If we stuff the run, we can allow the LBs to help cover the secondary, and that'll help us out big time.

I think the running game is safe for us right now. With Big Shawn paving the way for Cobbs, we should be fine. Cobbs looked like an all-star last week against Tulsa (SEC Offensive Player of the Week), and the last time we played the Whorns, Cobbs burned 'em. My guess is that Texas will put 9 in the box, similar to what UGA did last year, and force Matt Jones to throw the ball. The big key we'll see is how Roy Wittke's new offensive scheme works against a big time opponent.

I figured the line would've been somewhere around +8 or +9 for us. +13 is a little surprising.

Although you can't say emotion is a factor, in this case, it is. While Mack Brown is trying to pump up their squad, the Texas players seem to think this is just another game. That's not the case here...every citizen in this state has had this date circled for years. Houston Nutt, unlike Mack Brown, played in this rivalry, and knows the importance of beating Tex-****** The players know it too...especially last weekend when they came to the student section to sing the fight song. Instead of the usual racuous cheers, they were greeted by the chant "We Want Texas!" and thousands of hands showing the 'down-horns' sign. This game is big enough for Frank Broyles to open up Razorback Stadium and let people watch it for free on the Jumbotron. It's that big to us.

All in all, it's a toss up. Most of the national media think it'll be close, with Tex-a$$ pulling away in the end due to depth. I say we gotta shot if we play our game, control the clock, and are within striking distance, tied, or ahead after 3 quarters. I don't expect it to be a blowout, and if I had no bias in this game, I'd still take Arkansas spread-wise.

WPS
Oh, I took Arkansas the second I saw that spread. By the way, that was a Yahoo spread, I'm not sure what the official spread is. It may be closer to what you said. At any rate, I think the Hogs are a sure bet to cover, and maybe even win.

I believe you're right, in that TX will stack the line and force Matt to throw the ball. But, reading your posts in the off-season tells me that he has greatly improved in the passing game, so maybe that will work to your advantage. I hope so. If he has success early passing, that will be huge for y'all, that will force TX to play back a bit more and open up the holes for your RBs.

Would this be a fair assessment?:

Advantage
RBs- Arkansas
QBs- Arkansas
DL- Texas
OL- Arkansas
DBs- Texas (?? not sure here)
Special Teams- Arkansas (again, not sure)
Coach- Nutt

I say Arkansas has a great chance at winning this. Too bad I'm gonna be driving to Oxford during this game, but I'm certainly gonna listen.

Are they really putting this game on the jumbotron at Raz stadium?

Go Hogs!!

10MAN's prediction.....and remember I was only three points off of the Tulsa game. 03-wink ::toots own horn:: 03-lol

Whorns- 30
Hogs- 33 04-cheers
09-11-2003 01:00 PM
Advertisement

calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'd give this as the assessment:

QBs - Even - Mock isn't a superstar...7 for 15 against NM State doesn't impress me. Jones and the HOGS might have a slight edge here...just Vincent Young keeps me at even for now.

RBs - Arkansas - Cedric Benson isn't bad for Texas, but Cobbs can match him easily, and the HOGS are much much deeper at this position. I'd reckon to say only Auburn could match us in depth in this area.

WRs/TEs - Texas - Roy Williams has us beat here until we've fully established a passing attack. Richard Smith was great though last week for the HOGS...as was TE Jason Peters.

OL - Arkansas - This one's the easiest to pick. Texas has one returning starter. Arkansas returned their whole OL, which features all-American Big Shawn Andrews. Easy advantage for the Razorbacks

DL - Texas - Both are fast and speedy, but Texas has more depth, veterans, and size here.

LBs - Even - Bua shifts back, and Jimar Gallon is back from injury...and I wouldn't trade those 2 players for any LBs on any other college team. Intensity of those two is unmatched.

DBs - Even - Texas has good corners, but the HOG corners in Carroll and Richardson aren't bad. Look for Richardson to have a great game, as he's a Texas native and spurned the Horns offer to come to UA.

Special Teams - Even - I doubt it'll come down to a FG anyway. But the punting could be interesting.

Intangibles - Arkansas - More emotion, more desire to win this game easily stands on our sideline.

So yeah, it'll be a close one.

And yep...First time EVER that RRS will be open for fans to watch an away game on TV.

WPS
09-12-2003 10:13 AM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I can still remember where I was, etc., while I was watching the '69 Whorns-Hogs 15-14 miscarriage. My boy Mike Boschetti from Pine Bluff got clipped on the Texass TD run. Btw, I worked here in LR with Chuck Dicus' uncle Chuck, his namesake. Great guy, he retired from my company.

BEAT TEXAS!!!
09-12-2003 05:15 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Dang, I was relatively close yet again on the Hogs' score. Maybe I should rethink this whole airline thing. 03-lol
09-14-2003 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.