Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Strangest Win of the Year
Bookmark and Share
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
What is your strangest win of the year based upon the results so far.

For me I don't understand how GS beat USA by 15 in Mobile, although Ark St.'s loss to UCA is up there.
10-07-2016 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: Strangest Win of the Year
(10-07-2016 07:39 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  What is your strangest win of the year based upon the results so far.

For me I don't understand how GS beat USA by 15 in Mobile, although Ark St.'s loss to UCA is up there.

Neither are strange based on how they played before those games, especially state. GS almost lost to ULM, and got nearly blown out by WMU (42-17 at one point). WMU would do that to many if not all of us, but it shows this isn't the GS of years past. USA lost to a very bad ULL team which puts the GS/USA game into perspective.

I'm not sure of what strange wins are in the belt this year, but I can say the belt has been strange in general. Nearly every team has been Jeckle and Hyde. USA's win over a ranked SDSU after they beat that same team the year before, and after going 0-2 in SBC so far might qualify though. Not hating, just an observation. I'm sure, like ULL after they beat USA, jaguar fans like the train is leaving the station and they'll play really well from here on out. Wasn't the case for ULL, but we'll see what happens with USA.
10-07-2016 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Artemis Silver Bow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
Clemson beating Troy was pretty weird...
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 09:04 AM by Artemis Silver Bow.)
10-07-2016 09:04 AM
Paraprosdokian Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte
USA beating Mississippi State and SDSU. How the hell do you beat an SEC team (who's 3 points away from being 2-0 in conference right now) then drop your first two conference games and go to OT with an FCS squad, then beat the #19 ranked team (with a win over Cal)?
10-07-2016 10:00 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(10-07-2016 10:00 AM)Paraprosdokian Wrote:  USA beating Mississippi State and SDSU. How the hell do you beat an SEC team (who's 3 points away from being 2-0 in conference right now) then drop your first two conference games and go to OT with an FCS squad, then beat the #19 ranked team (with a win over Cal)?

Who beat Texas . . . 03-lmfao
10-07-2016 10:53 AM
Advertisement

LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
USA's whole season is strange. Predicting their games is like trying to predict Jeff Fisher games in the NFL. They beat teams they should lose to and lose to teams they should beat.
10-07-2016 10:55 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(10-07-2016 10:55 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  USA's whole season is strange. Predicting their games is like trying to predict Jeff Fisher games in the NFL. They beat teams they should lose to and lose to teams they should beat.

There are three types of games this year in the Belt.

1) Games where you're supposed to lose
2) Games where you're supposed to win
3) Games against South Alabama
10-07-2016 12:03 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(10-07-2016 08:14 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:39 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  What is your strangest win of the year based upon the results so far.

Neither are strange based on how they played before those games, especially state. GS almost lost to ULM, and got nearly blown out by WMU (42-17 at one point). WMU would do that to many if not all of us, but it shows this isn't the GS of years past. USA lost to a very bad ULL team which puts the GS/USA game into perspective.

I'm not sure of what strange wins are in the belt this year, but I can say the belt has been strange in general. Nearly every team has been Jeckle and Hyde. USA's win over a ranked SDSU after they beat that same team the year before, and after going 0-2 in SBC so far might qualify though. Not hating, just an observation. I'm sure, like ULL after they beat USA, jaguar fans like the train is leaving the station and they'll play really well from here on out. Wasn't the case for ULL, but we'll see what happens with USA.

As i've said before, they are two games in OT away from being 4-1. That isn't the mark of a bad team. NMSU is on the up and up this season as well as Tulane so neither of those are necessarily bad losses within the context of what Sun Belt play typically is like.
10-07-2016 06:55 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas

People discussing A-State need to keep in mind that with any current FBC HC OTHER than Blake Anderson, they are 3-2 today at worse, and maybe 4-1.

They may not be as successful in conference play, but they would certainly get off to a better start.

His unorthodox approach ( could substitute "goofy" if you so desire) to football almost guarantees they will not be ready for the start of the season, and because they focus on themselves and not their opponents, that they will start off most early games behind early.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 08:08 AM by Seminole Indian.)
10-08-2016 08:03 AM
Advertisement

DudeTROY Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TROY!!! TROY!!!
(10-07-2016 10:00 AM)Paraprosdokian Wrote:  USA beating Mississippi State and SDSU. How the hell do you beat an SEC team (who's 3 points away from being 2-0 in conference right now) then drop your first two conference games and go to OT with an FCS squad, then beat the #19 ranked team (with a win over Cal)?

10-08-2016 08:08 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-07-2016 06:55 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:14 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

As i've said before, they are two games in OT away from being 4-1. That isn't the mark of a bad team. NMSU is on the up and up this season as well as Tulane so neither of those are necessarily bad losses within the context of what Sun Belt play typically is like.

We can not score touchdowns in the red zone. That is our biggest problem. We have played 6 overtime periods. Take out 5 of those touchdowns and we score a touchdown roughly 33% of the time we are in the Redzone. If we were even 50% we would be 4-1.
10-08-2016 01:26 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(10-08-2016 01:26 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  We can not score touchdowns in the red zone. That is our biggest problem. We have played 6 overtime periods. Take out 5 of those touchdowns and we score a touchdown roughly 33% of the time we are in the Redzone. If we were even 50% we would be 4-1.

Sounds like the Idaho-ULL game will be 12-9. We can't put it in the end zone either.
10-08-2016 04:05 PM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern

Maybe we are just getting worse as the season goes on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
10-08-2016 06:17 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-08-2016 04:05 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 01:26 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  We can not score touchdowns in the red zone. That is our biggest problem. We have played 6 overtime periods. Take out 5 of those touchdowns and we score a touchdown roughly 33% of the time we are in the Redzone. If we were even 50% we would be 4-1.

Sounds like the Idaho-ULL game will be 12-9. We can't put it in the end zone either.

Pretty much.
10-09-2016 03:22 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES

Talent overcoming coaching. It happens.
10-11-2016 08:11 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
We now have two teams with a combined 1-7 SBC record with wins over what looks to be the best team in the MAC East division and the MWC West Division. #FunBelt
11-04-2016 10:10 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(10-07-2016 10:55 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  USA's whole season is strange. Predicting their games is like trying to predict Jeff Fisher games in the NFL. They beat teams they should lose to and lose to teams they should beat.

I know I'm late on this but their games are easy to predict. Conference games = close win or a loss. OOC = WIN.

If you bet on those you will win more often than not.
11-04-2016 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.