Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Not long ago
Bookmark and Share
jaaaasonl Offline
Sometimes honesty is negative

I Root For: Memphis
Not long ago
I'm still encouraged about this football team.

In the recent past, we lost all the ugly games like last night against Temple.

Ferguson will get better. The OL will, too.

Don't discount the short week, coming out of a very physical game against the elderly women from Oxford.

I expect we'll score 60 at Tulane.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
10-07-2016 07:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

RE: Not long ago
Not too long ago at this point in the season, we would try to stay optimistic by saying we were still "bowl eligible", even though we only had 1 win.
10-07-2016 08:52 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

Not too long ago, we were losing 47-3 to Arkansas State and our crowds were a fraction of what it was last night.
10-07-2016 09:11 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

We would be looking 3 weeks ahead to a team we might actually hang with.
10-07-2016 09:20 AM
Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
We change coaching staffs and quarterback...4-1. Great sign. We win a game that we would have lost in the not so distant past...great sign. Nice crowd on a weeknight...great sign. I don't get the angst from some. Every team can get better. Now we are good enough to boat race teams that we should, beat those that we should, and compete against top 20. This is a new position to be in so enjoy. Smile.
10-07-2016 09:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-07-2016 09:27 AM)Strat57 Wrote:  We change coaching staffs and quarterback...4-1. Great sign. We win a game that we would have lost in the not so distant past...great sign. Nice crowd on a weeknight...great sign. I don't get the angst from some. Every team can get better. Now we are good enough to boat race teams that we should, beat those that we should, and compete against top 20. This is a new position to be in so enjoy. Smile.

Agreed. Savor these good moments in our leisure time and be ever so grateful that most of Tiger nation isn't staring down a monster hurricane like the East Coast folks.
10-07-2016 10:23 AM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
You think it's good now ... It's only gonna get better.
10-07-2016 10:26 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Not long ago, yesterday's game would have merely taken place on the same day as opening basketball practice.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 10:27 AM by AlonsoWDC.)
10-07-2016 10:26 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(10-07-2016 09:27 AM)Strat57 Wrote:  We change coaching staffs and quarterback...4-1. Great sign. We win a game that we would have lost in the not so distant past...great sign. Nice crowd on a weeknight...great sign. I don't get the angst from some. Every team can get better. Now we are good enough to boat race teams that we should, beat those that we should, and compete against top 20. This is a new position to be in so enjoy. Smile.

didn't cover the spread
10-07-2016 10:30 AM
Advertisement

hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina

True - we arent a great team, or even a very good team, but we are purty good, fun to watch, and a great crew to cheer for.
10-07-2016 10:36 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

Wonder if we'll get any poll votes this week. Not saying our performance last night merits much of a ranking, but just wondering . . . . .
10-07-2016 10:40 AM
MGR Offline
1st String

(10-07-2016 10:30 AM)btiger Wrote:  

didn't cover the spread

The prevent defense we played on two drives was kinda silly and could have been disastrous.
10-07-2016 10:40 AM
FranklinTNTiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I did not like the prevent defense on the last two series leading up to the interception to end the game.

Prevent defense... is like we're going to allow you to score but at a controlled time. Thought there was too much time left to start this. Needed another minute or so.

(10-07-2016 10:40 AM)MGR Wrote:  

didn't cover the spread

The prevent defense we played on two drives was kinda silly and could have been disastrous.
10-07-2016 11:06 AM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

didn't cover the spread

did for me 04-cheers

when you see we are not given enough respect, put your money where your mouth is, don't wait on Rainman to tell you which side to bet 03-idea
10-07-2016 11:51 AM
Memphis10Tigers Offline
1st String

(10-07-2016 11:06 AM)FranklinTNTiger Wrote:  I did not like the prevent defense on the last two series leading up to the interception to end the game.

Prevent defense... is like we're going to allow you to score but at a controlled time. Thought there was too much time left to start this. Needed another minute or so.

(10-07-2016 10:40 AM)MGR Wrote:  

didn't cover the spread

Clock management was suspect last night as was play calling (all the Sam Craft runs). I am of the belief that Craft must have shown something promising during practice in terms of his running game, and that this simply did not translate to success in our game-day situation.

Either way, I couldn't be happier with the team and coach. 4-1.
10-07-2016 12:42 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
Not long ago strip clubs were really strip clubs.
10-07-2016 12:43 PM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
We have work to do to be a top 25-30 team but we are not far away. Not sure how anyone can complain too much about winning a game where we we not close to being the same team as last week. I attribute it to normal growing pains of new coaches/new players and 18-22 year old young people.

I for one was happy with some things last night. Pollard and Henderson have high major speed. Dodo is Fast as well and as solid as they come. We have some good WR that can make plays when given time. QB too. When Riley has time he's very sufficient at this level. And will only get better. Just like Paxton did. He already got better than he was at ole miss when facing pressure. Took the sack and threw it away a few times.

The O-line is suspect but many teams have that same issue. They'll get that together I'm confident. And if not I'm sure the coaching staff will start out the games with the protection schemes and play calling we used to begin the second halves of temple and ole miss.

And the defense is much better than last year. Run stop improved some while giving way to the big play screen or dump off in the flat to rb a few times. Tackling will improve. Mallet, Avery and Blondie are the real deal. And the best thing I noticed , when Lanier made an error on the PI, he didn't put his head down and mope. He came right back on the next series to make a great pick to seal the victory.

Yeah it's a good time to be a tiger football fan.
10-07-2016 01:05 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I really don't think the Craft criticism is in the right place. He got some plays in the first half where we couldn't do anything against a rather decent defense.

He's a good player.
10-07-2016 01:25 PM
Briskbas Online
Heisman

(10-07-2016 07:28 AM)jaaaasonl Wrote:  I'm still encouraged about this football team.

In the recent past, we lost all the ugly games like last night against Temple.

Ferguson will get better. The OL will, too.

Don't discount the short week, coming out of a very physical game against the elderly women from Oxford.

I expect we'll score 60 at Tulane.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Temple made us look bad last year too. Their defense is legit.
10-07-2016 02:54 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Temple made us look bad in 2014, too.

They made us look AWFUL in 2013.
10-07-2016 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.